***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I am a bit of a policy wonk when it comes to healthcare and no matter you political leaning, it is important to bifurcate medical care and health insurance itself.

When it comes to health insurance, a free market approach is not very helpful if you define success as universal coverage. You need the wealthy and/or healthy to subsidize the poor and/or sick and the way to do that is to treat health insurance companies like regulated monopolies (like your utility company) or to have a single payer system. The worst parts of Obamacare are the result of insurance companies not being regulated.

Meanwhile, we have medical care itself. In that arena, competition and free market elements can be very helpful. There are aspects of medical care that need more market discipline. First and foremost is the process by which people get to become doctors. We have too few medical schools and too many barriers to entry. Unfortunately, Republicans never ask doctors to sacrifice and it is because doctors are, in practice, rentiers who just so happen to collect their above market profit from the healthcare sector.

The typical doctor is now the CEO of a firm that is built on the low paid labor of armies receptionists, medical billers (private insurance is just as bureaucratic as any government agency), nurses, technicians. The firm's capital consists of buildings and expensive medical devices. There are some heroic surgeons and some family doctors who do great work but increasing, the M.D. is just another useless capitalist fat cat. No wonder Republicans protect them from competition.

So if we made doctors compete in a more free market system and if we also allowed prescription drugs to be re imported at market rates, we could cut costs or at least contain the growth of costs of medical care. However, insurance is, even after Obamacare, grossly under regulated.

Disney confirmed anti-semetic.

Disney confirmed anti-semetic.

I don't see it.

Where's the cash or gold in the background? Or caricatures of Jewish ppl?

You really telling me your anti-pc side can't comprehend context? :lol:

:lol: Its also funny you chose that and name Disney. You know, the media conglomerate founded by Walt Disney.

Last edited:
Chilcot report live: Corbyn suggests parliament should act against Blair after inquiry says case for war exaggerated

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jul/06/chilcot-report-live-inquiry-war-iraq#comments

Chilcot report: key points from the Iraq inquiry

The UK chose to join the invasion before peaceful options had been exhausted

Blair deliberately exaggerated the threat posed by Saddam Hussein

George Bush largely ignored UK advice on postwar planning

There was no imminent threat from Saddam

[...]

UK-US relations would not have been harmed if UK stayed out of war

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/06/iraq-inquiry-key-points-from-the-chilcot-report

Last edited:
I am a bit of a policy wonk when it comes to healthcare and no matter you political leaning, it is important to bifurcate medical care and health insurance itself.

When it comes to health insurance, a free market approach is not very helpful if you define success as universal coverage. You need the wealthy and/or healthy to subsidize the poor and/or sick and the way to do that is to treat health insurance companies like regulated monopolies (like your utility company) or to have a single payer system. The worst parts of Obamacare are the result of insurance companies not being regulated.

Meanwhile, we have medical care itself. In that arena, competition and free market elements can be very helpful. There are aspects of medical care that need more market discipline. First and foremost is the process by which people get to become doctors. We have too few medical schools and too many barriers to entry. Unfortunately, Republicans never ask doctors to sacrifice and it is because doctors are, in practice, rentiers who just so happen to collect their above market profit from the healthcare sector.

The typical doctor is now the CEO of a firm that is built on the low paid labor of armies receptionists, medical billers (private insurance is just as bureaucratic as any government agency), nurses, technicians. The firm's capital consists of buildings and expensive medical devices. There are some heroic surgeons and some family doctors who do great work but increasing, the M.D. is just another useless capitalist fat cat. No wonder Republicans protect them from competition.

So if we made doctors compete in a more free market system and if we also allowed prescription drugs to be re imported at market rates, we could cut costs or at least contain the growth of costs of medical care. However, insurance is, even after Obamacare, grossly under regulated.
i think we need to bifurcate medical training and keep the highly specialized surgeons, cardiologists, etc, but then transfer a lot of the work to less intensely trained positions like NPs, PAs, etc.

the whole enterprise needs to be reworked because too much time is spent unnecessary tasks but medicine as it is practiced is technologically in aol days.

Last edited:
People were upset about more than just the shape of the star. Don't be so obtuse.

Trump got a jew pass...his daughters either married one or is one...only ppl pumpin this are surrogates.

One of if not the worst buck-dancing, banjo playing responses I have ever seen....even by your standards champ.

That's like saying a white man can't practice white supremacy if he's laying up with a black female.

"No, no, everyone, I'm not racist. You see, this KKK hood and membership card is ok because my daughter, you see my ***** of a daughter is with that (#*$# Steve. So you see, I've got a free pass."

"Trump insisted on including Jews and blacks at Palm Beach golf course in 1990s"

"When Donald opened his club in Palm Beach called Mar-a-Lago, he insisted on accepting Jews and blacks even though other clubs in Palm Beach to this day discriminate against blacks and Jews. The old guard in Palm Beach was outraged that Donald would accept blacks and Jews so that’s the real Donald Trump that I know.”

http://netrightdaily.com/2016/03/tr...nd-blacks-at-palm-beach-golf-course-in-1990s/

People were upset about more than just the shape of the star. Don't be so obtuse.

Trump got a jew pass...his daughters either married one or is one...only ppl pumpin this are surrogates.

One of if not the worst buck-dancing, banjo playing responses I have ever seen....even by your standards champ.

That's like saying a white man can't practice white supremacy if he's laying up with a black female.

he MARRIED Marla Maples...go tune da strings of that banjo champ its outta tune :smh: :lol:

Last edited:

“I don’t know anything about David Duke,” Trump said, adding, “I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. I know nothing about white supremacists… You’re asking me a question that I’m supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about.”

:lol: This idiot is going for the President of the United States but doesn't know anything about David Duke or White Supremacists?

Someone give this moron a wikipedia link.

And it gets better... in 2000.

LAUER: When you say the Party is self-destructing, what do you see as the biggest problem with the Reform Party right now?

Mr. TRUMP: Well, you've got David Duke just joined--a bigot, a racist, a problem. I mean, this is not exactly the people you want in your party. Buchanan's a disaster as we've, you know, covered. Jesse's a terrific guy who just left the Party. And he, you know, it's unfortunate, but he just left the Party. He's going to be doing his Independence Party from Minnesota. And he's a terrific guy and a terrific governor, and he's got a great future. And I've always said, Matt, that I would run if I thought I could win, and in order to win...

LIAR!

:lol:

Was that in response to me? I'm not quite sure because there isn't much information there that you posted.

Do you think listing affiliations with other groups admonishes someone from being a racist or making racially charged comments or post racially charged memes?

Last edited:
Was that in response to me? I'm not quite sure because there isn't much information there that you posted.

Do you think listing affiliations with other groups admonishes someone from being a racist or making racially charged comments or post racially charged memes?

so u gonna still drink da kook aid of spin or are u gonna think commonsense?

bottomline is Marla Maples, Trump's second wife is Jewish, their daughter is Jewish and he married off his other Daughter to a jew..are we gonna continue to press that 6 pointed star or we gonna get back to da issues? >D

So you're answering a question with a question.

There is no kool aid. I just have a differing opinion. The sooner you realize that there are billions of valid opinions in the world and learn to respect that the sooner you'll stop coming off as pompous and ignorant.

If you aren't going to answer that question, there's no discussion to be had. And if you did answer wth the answer that I expect I fear you're too far gone for a discussion.

I just wanted you to type out that you do think listing affiliations can clear anyone from being a racist because I find it hilarious that you're implying that you believe that.

Last edited:
He most certainly is a moderate. He got elected during the Tea Party wave but he immediately moved to the center after. That's why Ted Cruz was able to run to the right of him.

bingo... immigration reform tilted his whole campaign trajectory towards da middle.
This is really your response? Really?

:x

put your right wing hat on...why did GOP electorate reject Marco Rubio & embrace Ted Cruz? forgot Donald Trump for a second...and u from harlem & da bx..ur faux indignation is hilarious to me :lol:

bottomline is Marla Maples, Trump's second wife is Jewish, their daughter is Jewish and he married off his other Daughter to a jew..are we gonna continue to press that 6 pointed star or we gonna get back to da issues? >D

If you or Trump didn't think the 6 star tweet was or is an easy why did he delete it??

There are klansmen with black grandchildren

So there goes that stupid logic

You really don't get why the Trump campaign twitted that picture of the 6 stars than deleted it?

Here is some knowledge

http://observer.com/2016/07/an-open-letter-to-jared-kushner-from-one-of-your-jewish-employees/

“Trump has a Jewish son-in-law, and granddaughter: he can’t be anti-Semitic.”

Mr. Kushner, I invite you to look through all of those images in the slideshow above, the vast majority sent in your father-in-law’s name. Right now, this hate is directed to one of your employees, but the message applies equally to your wife and daughter.

You went to Harvard, and hold two graduate degrees. Please do not condescend to me and pretend you don’t understand the imagery of a six-sided star when juxtaposed with money and accusations of financial dishonesty. I’m asking you, not as a “gotcha” journalist or as a liberal but as a human being: how do you allow this? Because, Mr. Kushner, you are allowing this. Your father-in-law’s repeated accidental winks to the white supremacist community is perhaps a savvy political strategy if the neo-Nazis are considered a sizable voting block—I confess, I haven’t done my research on that front. But when you stand silent and smiling in the background, his Jewish son-in-law, you’re giving his most hateful supporters tacit approval. Because maybe Donald Trump isn’t anti-Semitic. To be perfectly honest, I don’t think he is. But I know many of his supporters are, and they believe for whatever reason that Trump is the candidate for them.

Last edited:
He most certainly is a moderate. He got elected during the Tea Party wave but he immediately moved to the center after. That's why Ted Cruz was able to run to the right of him.

bingo... immigration reform tilted his whole campaign trajectory towards da middle.
This is really your response? Really?

:x

put your right wing hat on...why did GOP electorate reject Marco Rubio & embrace Ted Cruz? forgot Donald Trump for a second...and u from harlem & da bx..ur faux indignation is hilarious to me :lol:
I don't put on party hats. That's your thing. **** parties.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom