***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The bottom line is that we all have to live with the decision that our country made

But the idea that we should "find a new way" because the living antithesis of our values was elected is just absurd

You can call your way of dealing with this type of situation evolution if you want, but I see it as a nothing more than a lack of fortitude

If anything, this has strengthened my beliefs

Everyone should be inspired.

This man has just overcome all odds to become president. He took on the whole world, MSM, big corporate money, george soros' meddling ***, POTUS, hollywood, silicon valley, wall st. etc. with no political experience, and just his family and the stupid red hat...... and still won.

Anyone who believes in democracy should be celebrating this historic moment. Light up a join if you're in the 8 legal states now :smokin

Last edited:
rico x hood rico x hood
Some people actually take the time to look at policies and don't get swayed by emotional arguments.

did dude just type this? :lol:

"he's a mysoginist"!

"he's a racist!"

"all his deplorable supporters are uneducated!"

All the stuff in quotes can be linked to things he said and acrions he performed ever since he became a public figure.

You're the one believing that the factory jobs that are coming back and will be performed by 1000s of blue collar workers instead of 100s of robots. You're the one buying the snake oil.

sure, majority hated both candidates but we disagreed on the best way to vote.

looking forward though, what do you propose is the best approach?

wait till trump oversteps his bounds and then encourage our representatives to impeach him? then try to get Rubio as his replacement? encourage our representatives to block all his actions, especially his supreme Court picks? should we start the left-wing version of the tea party? call it the rum and weed party?

I'd say, we all calm the hell down until the transition team and some cabinet heads are officially appointed. He won without any policy specifics, so we don't know. But once **** gets written in stone, we can go from there.

Everyone should be inspired.

This man has just overcome all odds to become president. He took on the whole world, MSM, big corporate money, george soros' meddling ***, POTUS, hollywood, silicon valley, wall st. etc. with no political experience, and just his family and the stupid red hat...... and still won.

Anyone who believes in democracy should be celebrating this historic moment. Light up a join if you're in the 8 legal states now :smokin
His only qualification was to connect with white people, especially white males, while being white. He insulted everyone instead of white racists, of which openly backed him. Why should anyone outside of White males be happy?

rico x hood rico x hood
Some people actually take the time to look at policies and don't get swayed by emotional arguments.

did dude just type this? :lol:

"he's a mysoginist"!

"he's a racist!"

"all his deplorable supporters are uneducated!"

All the stuff in quotes can be linked to things he said and acrions he performed ever since he became a public figure.

You're the one believing that the factory jobs that are coming back and will be performed by 1000s of blue collar workers instead of 100s of robots. You're the one buying the snake oil.

The huge chunk of the votes weren't for Trump per se but more against Clinton.

HRC's next L will be her jail sentence.

If Obama had any success as POTUS, she would have won but nope...the US ran out of hope and is short on change.

Bernie got stiffed by Dems.

Democrats have only themselves to blame in the end.

Ah, I see. So you are one of those who thinks that by ignoring the situation, that it would simply go away. Blend in, stop complaining, get with the program, right?

No. You guys ignored the situation. This election is proof. You all stuck with your tired *** talking points. Put your faith in Rusty and Shillary and i
Paid no mind to what was really going on. So you can start by actually opening your eyes.

Last edited:

wait till trump oversteps his bounds and then encourage our representatives to impeach him? then try to get Rubio as his replacement? encourage our representatives to block all his actions, especially his supreme Court picks? should we start the left-wing version of the tea party? call it the rum and weed party?

I'd say, we all calm the hell down until the transition team and some cabinet heads are officially appointed. He won without any policy specifics, so we don't know. But once **** gets written in stone, we can go from there.

[emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Somehow, that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Might as well start stamping "for export only" on American issued PhD diplomas because we don't seem to have any use for them.

The Dems should've rode their anti-establishment wave until the wheels fell off when it started gaining momentum early,this was the "brick through the window" sort of election where the same old tactics werent gonna work with this electorate.

The brunt of the blame though belongs to the folks who at the end of the day,actually did vote for the least qualified candidate EVER which is a pretty sizable number...

Last edited:
If Obama had any success as POTUS

Let's be real for a minute. The Republicans had no intention to make Obama's presidency a success. They made it clear in 2009.

I guess they've succeeded since everything he's fought for is going to be dismantled.

no offense meant, but that's what you said after the primaries.

i do agree we should not work ourselves into a panic, but i will be trigger happy with my criticism over certain actions, particularly any actions against the media or any attempts to gut his critics in the military or other government institutions.

I'm 100% sure those things will be attempted. we know who trump is. question is how others in power will react. we've seen a mix so far (Paul Ryan vs Romney).

Last edited:
No. You guys ignore the situation. This election is proof. You all stuck with your tired *** talking points. Put your faith in Rusty and Shillary and ignored what was really going on. So you can start by actually opening your eyes.
My eyes are open, and white privilege is real. You seem to be suggesting that by sticking your head in the sand, standing by and doing nothing, that somehow that is the best decision to make. You had two candidates, one being a racist, the other simply a dirty politician, these are the only two picks that you have to choose from, with one being more of a threat to white male privilege than the other, and you think it is wrong to vote for the candidate that works in your best interest? But it is okay when white men do it, right? I bet you do not even understand how dangerous your position is.

The Dems should've rode their anti-establishment wave until the wheels fell off when it started gaining momentum early,this was the "brick through the window" sort of election where the same old tactics werent gonna work with this electorate.

The brunt of the blame though belongs to the folks who at the end of the day,actually did vote for the least qualified candidate EVER which is a pretty sizable number...

To me the brunt of the blame goes to the nearly 100 million eligible voters who simply chose not to participate. You reap what you sow. The Republicans and white people were always gonna a vote for Trump, it was up to the people that voted Obama in to rise again, and they chose not to vote at all.

They voted for the person who brainwashed them into thinking he's some kind of savior. That's pretty understandable.

The real blame should go to the "Don't know who is worse - Trump or Clinton" vote. That is, those who weren't blindfolded by Drumpf and who could actually see just how bat **** crazy this guy is like the rest of us normal people, but somehow still managed to see him as the lesser of the two evils between him and Hillary, or enough to vote for a third party candidate or not vote at all.

Every "Don't know who is worse - Trump or Clinton"-ite who actively pushed that agenda played right into Drumpf's hands. I'm talking to you, Colin Kaepernick and your comment that the two were competing to be most racist.

Last edited:
this is that condescending bs that gave Trump the W

How's that condescending, people are going to vote for what they believe in and wage the pros and cons of the two best candidates.

A man who has zero political experience should of been enough.

However, a lot of these southern and mid south and mid west states are stuck in a bubble and are refusing to accept the change of different cultures and religions which are prevalent on the east and west coast.

To me the brunt of the blame goes to the nearly 100 million eligible voters who simply chose not to participate. You reap what you sow. The Republicans and white people were always gonna a vote for Trump, it was up to the people that voted Obama in to rise again, and they chose not to vote at all.
They voted for the person who brainwashed them into thinking he's some kind of savior. That's pretty understandable.

The real blame should go to the "Don't know who is worse - Trump or Clinton" vote. That is, those who weren't blindfolded by Drumpf and who could actually see just how bat **** crazy this guy is like the rest of us normal people, but somehow still managed to see him as the lesser of the two evils between him and Hillary.
Both of this

Voter apathy needs to be one of the biggest takeaways from this,you're not gonna get folks to be enthusiastic about and to vote for someone they don't trust/like

Trying to find some silver linings in this,at least we won't be having that "new" cold war anymore...at least overtly.

I tend to believe that Putin will outstrategize Trump at every turn and have him in his pocket though

Last edited:

yes -- in retrospect this all started with the insistence on Hillary. i still think she would've been a good or even great president, but putting forth someone who lost 8 years ago to Obama without giving us much else was a problem. Bernie's success is directly linked to that -- people were looking to be inspired and Bernie was the best option.

i stumbled across an old post of mine from way back complaining that it seems like only people from the Clinton or bush families are eligible to run. this was in 2008. take away all the noise about Trump and the FBI email witch-hunt, and at its root this is at least partially a reaction against that.

tl;dr Hillary wasn't able to inspire, and people were tired of bush and clintons being the only ones running for president. these are reasons independent of who the Republican candidate was for why she couldn't win.

rolaholic's post above mine says it better with much fewer words.

Last edited:
Our First Lady

I still don't get it.

People have the right to not vote.

You assuming all those votes would of went to Hilary.

The brunt of the blame goed to Hilary and that weak *** campaign.

If Obama had any success as POTUS

Let's be real for a minute. The Republicans had no intention to make Obama's presidency a success. They made it clear in 2009.

I guess they've succeeded since everything he's fought for is going to be dismantled.

History doesn't have asterisks, only scoreboards.

this is that condescending bs that gave Trump the W

How's that condescending, people are going to vote for what they believe in and wage the pros and cons of the two best candidates.

A man who has zero political experience should of been enough.

However, a lot of these southern and mid south and mid west states are stuck in a bubble and are refusing to accept the change of different cultures and religions which are prevalent on the east and west coast.

It's condescending because you assume everyone in middle america is an idiot and should support the interests of people living in big cities.

That's actually what ****servative means lol

no offense meant, but that's what you said after the primaries.

i do agree we should not work ourselves into a panic, but i will be trigger happy with my criticism over certain actions, particularly any actions against the media or any attempts to gut his critics in the military or other government institutions.

I'm 100% sure those things will be attempted. we know who trump is. question is how others in power will react. we've seen a mix so far (Paul Ryan vs Romney).

I certainly did. And when I didn't get my specifics I made my decision to not support him. But Hillary has always been anathema to me. Rubio was always my guy so I stuck with him. And I'm very happy he won his reelection. .

Criticism of attacking the media is understandable but I'm sure you can admit they were heavily biased this cycle or St least acknowledge their complete incompetence in reporting. Nate Silver was the closest and he had Trump at 30%. They deserve heavy scrutiny.

yes -- in retrospect this all started with the insistence on Hillary. i still think she would've been a good or even great president, but putting forth someone who lost 8 years ago to Obama without giving us much else was a problem. Bernie's success is directly linked to that -- people were looking to be inspired and Bernie was the best option.

i stumbled across an old post of mine from way back complaining that it seems like only people from the Clinton or bush families are eligible to run. this was in 2008. take away all the noise about Trump and the FBI email witch-hunt, and at its root this is at least partially a reaction against that.

tl;dr Hillary wasn't able to inspire, and people were tired of bush and clintons being the only ones running for president. these are reasons independent of who the Republican candidate was for why she couldn't win.

rolaholic's post above mine says it better with much fewer words.

Yep,there was definitely a lot of that sentiment,her brand was already not that highly looked at before the campaign. The whole thing brought up all the baggage she had as well as exposing new stuff. A lot of the writing on the wall was there but many willingly chose to ignore it.

Also, lets be real,it also had a lot to do with sexism that is still pretty prevelant imo. Bet a lot of male voters still can't get behind the idea of a female boss in charge let alone commander in chief.

The FBI also taking highly political actions in the middle of a general election is another dangerous precedent that was set.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom