***Official Political Discussion Thread***

JFK was a womanizer too
Their actions in politics were separate from what they did in their private life though

we all know those rules don't apply anymore...

at least in politics...

now u can make da case that those times were different and we shouldn't use current standards to judge da past... but that's up to da discretion of whoever thinks bout it.

Whoever, as long as my kid can learn French and watch flat screens. Those other kids don't really need nutritious meals and up to date books that bad.

White flight. Desegregation.

Do yourself a favor and read up on the creation of the suburbs.

Read up on how white flight contributed to urban decay.

Read up on how the government used tax dollars to fund the suburbs....and underfund the city.....who's residents were now black. Read up on how businesses left the inner city once white flight took place....to open up in the suburbs so the tax dollars could go there.

Everything in this damn country has a root. Often times.....you'll find the root is.....you guessed it. Racism.

So I was right, money. People that had it took their money and went to the suburbs back in the 50s and 60s.

Ironically, now they're coming back and people are getting priced out of their old neighborhoods. I see it everytime I go uptown and visit my granny. Half a million dollar condos literally across the street from the projects. It's crazy. Same thing with SE DC.

Read up on how the government used tax dollars to fund the suburbs....and underfund the city.....who's residents were now black. Read up on how businesses left the inner city once white flight took place....to open up in the suburbs so the tax dollars could go there.

Everything in this damn country has a root. Often times.....you'll find the root is.....you guessed it. Racism.

Yeah...that or the automobile, freshly built highway system + myriad of other factors. Not all racism...geez.

Last edited:
Whoever, as long as my kid can learn French and watch flat screens. Those other kids don't really need nutritious meals and up to date books that bad.

At the end of day do you want your kid to have the best chance to succeed? If so then you already know what the logical answer is.

I'd rather have a politician who is fair to the people but cheats on his wife than one who is loyal to his wife but is a self-centered narcissist when it comes to politics.

since charisma does lead to success in politics, i do think politicians and other public figures tend to be more likely to cheat or have affairs. in other countries and in the past this was considered normal and not worth writing home about.

now if it's a friend or something, i have different standards.

regardless, it was used as a tool to try to smear MLK, and we can see it still is being used against him today, perhaps unwittingly. :frown:

loyal to your country but disloyal to his wife type don't fly :lol:

that's how u know da 90's economy was that good, cuz Clinton Survived that, but you can make da case Gore paid for those sins later.

Once again that's the job of the parent. And if you are in a school that you feel is lacking there many ways to supplement education. Libraries. Free tutoring from high school or college students that need community service credit. The internet. My parents used to get my sister and I those workbooks in science, math, and history.

And if you can't afford workbooks. There's **** like this

https://www.math-drills.com

For free .

This is a simple solution to a problem thag was made complex

In most of these places they dont have the funds
If they arent trying to fund school what makes you think they are trying to fund libraries.

College kids arent going for the at risk areas unless they grew up in that most are goinf to coast with the easier kids to get their credits.

Same way our doctors will help poor kids elsewhere but america
Same way as people will adopt kids from overseas first

And if the parent want to supplement with text books where are those place in poor neighborhoods? The dont have those place

So I was right, money. People that had it took their money and went to the suburbs back in the 50s and 60s.

Ironically, now they're coming back and people are getting priced out of their old neighborhoods. I see it everytime I go uptown and visit my granny. Half a million dollar condos literally across the street from the projects. It's crazy. Same thing with SE DC.

It wasn't their money they took. The FHA funded the move towards the suburbs (through low interest loans) and barred blacks from taking part in it.

You're being disingenious in order to give your argument any sort of validity.

Don't expect dude to listen to reason anytime soon:

At the end of day do you want your kid to have the best chance to succeed? If so then you already know what the logical answer is.

At the end of the day I want all children to have a higher chance to succeed. I don't think it should depend on districts, it's not the poor kids fault and they shouldn't suffer because of where they're born with something like education. With the proper education they could change their areas eventually and we wouldn't have a need for redistributing funds.

We clearly aren't operating on the same logic. I have a kid and am empathetic to others though so I could see where the difference in thought could arise.

Once again that's the job of the parent. And if you are in a school that you feel is lacking there many ways to supplement education. Libraries. Free tutoring from high school or college students that need community service credit. The internet. My parents used to get my sister and I those workbooks in science, math, and history.

And if you can't afford workbooks. There's **** like this

https://www.math-drills.com

For free .

Boom, the Internet. Using YouTube videos little Johnny can become bilingual for free and doesn't have to rely on the school for it.

This is a simple solution to a problem thag was made complex

In most of these places they dont have the funds
If they arent trying to fund school what makes you think they are trying to fund libraries.

College kids arent going for the at risk areas unless they grew up in that most are goinf to coast with the easier kids to get their credits.

Same way our doctors will help poor kids elsewhere but america
Same way as people will adopt kids from overseas first

And if the parent want to supplement with text books where are those place in poor neighborhoods? The dont have those place

You're making A LOT of assumptions in this post. And there are a PLETHORA of libraries in every major city. Rich or poor. And I clearly posted a link that offers free worksheets if families can't afford workbooks.

rico x hood rico x hood are you going to respond to this or nah......

It wasn't their money they took. The FHA funded the move towards the suburbs (through low interest loans) and barred blacks from taking part in it.

You're being disingenious in order to give your argument any sort of validity.

don't duck or deflect this one. This is a historical fact that can't be overlooked. Yet you fail to mention the impact it has on the disparities in schooling. "Socio-economics". It's not that complex.

Last edited:
I find it funny that on one hand, Rico advocates the use of librairies, and on the other hand, he complains about making poor schools better.

You do realize that librairies use public funds, and many of the people who advocate for the current way of funding our education system would not have a problem with less taxpayer money going to librairies outside their districts (or even in general), right?

At the end, this is another example of your "penny wise, pound foolish" approach to society.

And you still owe for that k12 education btw.

At the end of the day I want all children to have a higher chance to succeed. I don't think it should depend on districts, it's not the poor kids fault and they shouldn't suffer because of where they're born with something like education. With the proper education they could change their areas eventually and we wouldn't have a need for redistributing funds.

We clearly aren't operating on the same logic. I have a kid and am empathetic to others though so I could see where the difference in thought could arise.

I agree. Education is definitely the great equalizer. But everybody isn't born equal, no matter what they preach. And many times you have to work harder to get again.

Every year we hear stories about poor kids that got perfect SAT scares, got into ivy league skills or did some other amazing thing despite socioeconomic status. It's not luck. It's hardwork and sheer force of will.

You're making A LOT of assumptions in this post. And there are a PLETHORA of libraries in every major city. Rich or poor. And I clearly posted a link that offers free worksheets if families can't afford workbooks.

Im working with my first hand knowledge of my state so i admit it might not be like that elsewhere. But in texas its the case. Having libraries is one thing but letting folks know about these orograms through outreach is one of the major problems facing poor people

rico x hood rico x hood are you going to respond to this or nah......
don't duck or deflect this one. This is a historical fact that can't be overlooked. Yet you fail to mention the impact it has on the disparities in schooling. "Socio-economics". It's not that complex.

You want me to admit that there was racism? I've never denied racism exists or existed. Our parents, grandparents, great-grandparents gotta back ******* deal. I won't revise history for rhetorical points.

However, it's 2017. There are so many avenues that we can take to counteract the effects of past racism and that's what I advocate.

Im working with my first hand knowledge of my state so i admit it might not be like that elsewhere. But in texas its the case. Having libraries is one thing but letting folks know about these orograms through outreach is one of the major problems facing poor people

What do you mean outreach? Telling people there a free worksheets online and telling people high school and college kids will tutor their child free of charge? The info is a simple Google search away.

Back
Top Bottom