***Official Political Discussion Thread***

where is that "these guys aren't the smartest, and things got out of control" (paraphrasing} quote from?

And Chaffetz has invited Comey to testify next wednesday.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/17/chaffetz-invites-comey-to-testify-next-wednesday-238512

House Oversight Chairman Jason Chaffetz is inviting former FBI director James Comey to testify next Wednesday at 9:30 a.m.

Chaffetz (R-Utah) told POLITICO he has officially scheduled the hearing and is in the process of trying to connect with Comey. The hearing will be the day the FBI is due to send documents to the oversight panel.

Comey hasn't officially accepted the invite, "but wants to testify publicly as soon as he can," one person who has spoken to Comey said. "They are trying to connect," this person said.

Last edited:
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Graham has also invited Comey to testify publicly before the senate panel

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/16/graham-comey-firing-senate-238463
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) has invited former FBI Director James Comey to testify publicly at a Senate hearing, the South Carolina Republican said Tuesday.

Comey previously declined a request to testify on Tuesday in closed session before the Senate Intelligence Committee, but The New York Times reported Comey would be willing to testify in an open session.

“I’ve asked Comey to come before the Judiciary Committee to tell his side of the story," Graham told reporters. “I think it would be good for him if he did. It would be good for the country.”

It was not clear whether Graham’s invitation was for a hearing before the full Judiciary Committee or the Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism, which has jurisdiction over the FBI and is chaired by Graham.

The open hearing would be a first chance for Comey to publicly discuss the circumstances of his firing last week. Graham’s invitation also comes as The New York Times reports Comey wrote a memo that says Trump asked him to shut down the FBI’s investigation into former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

Last edited:

Wonder why it does that cause It looks fine on desktop everytime
Yeah it only seems to happen with Politico. Normally I copy their articles into a text application and then re-copy that to prevent the mobile glitch but I forgot this time. Either way I've fixed it now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom