***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Reading this, I just can't help but think this is a description for a James Bond Genius Super villain...

But then I snap back to reality and realize this is Trump we're talking about...

Then I have the terrifying realization about how easy it must be for a dunce with money to be a villain IRL :sick:

dwalk31 dwalk31 , ‘sup man. I am certain that as an attorney, that you are paying close attention to the James v. NRA case, correct?! How do you feel about these now retired right wing judges who side with, then are defending the rights of the NRA now stating that White people and Black people, are not supposed to coexist? Can you imagine how many innocent Black men and women, these creeps have thrown n prison?

dwalk31 dwalk31 you still think that trump/pence will provide more net gains (financial, quality of life, all aspects of life in this country) for a black person than biden/harris?!

161667.jpg

163553.jpg

162919.jpg

The infamous robber baron J.P. Morgan once said, "A man always has two reasons for the things he does. A good one and a real one."

Refusing to vote (or, even more destructively, voting for the opposition) as a way of "forcing" the Democratic Party to field more progressive candidates is one of the worst "good reasons" to rationalize a selfish act I've ever heard.

Political parties don't choose their candidates: voters do. If you stay home, your inaction doesn't cause a progressive hero to materialize from the ether. If you want a progressive Democrat, register as a Democrat and vote in every single primary election you can.

Let's say, for example, that you actually care about criminal justice reform more than controlling women's bodies or reducing your own tax burden:

Democrats and Republicans have advanced competing criminal justice reform bills.

The Democrats' bill would end qualified immunity for unlawful conduct. The Republican bill would not.
The Democrats' bill would ban choke holds and carotid holds. The Republican bill would not.
The Democrats' bill bans no knock warrants for federal drug cases, and denies funding to states and municipalities that fail to follow suit. The Republican bill would not.
The Democrats' bill limits the allocation of military equipment to police. The Republican bill would not - and calls for an additional $300 million in tax funding for the police.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris oppose the death penalty. Donald Trump supports the death penalty.
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris want to end cash bail. Donald Trump does not - and has attacked bail funds including the Minnesota Freedom Fund.
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris support the decriminalization of cannabis. Donald Trump does not, and has even praised the use of capital punishment for drug offenses.
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris seek to end the use of private prisons. Donald Trump's candidacy is supported by private prison industry.

Majority control over the Senate is very much in play this year. All of the above reforms are possible.

If you, like me, want even more progressive criminal justice reforms, which path is more likely to achieve that result:
  • Vote to install a democratic Senate majority willing to pass such legislation and oppose Republican disfranchisement efforts. Vote for the most progressive candidates on the ballot in every election. Support organizations that seek to encourage, nurture, and assist new political candidates and organizational leaders, like Higher Heights, Ignite, and the Victory Institute.
  • Don't vote and stand idly by as democracy crumbles.
  • Vote against the thing you said you actually want, because your "good reason" for doing so is the flimsy and facetious claim that it's more pragmatic to hope that the dictator's son in law might someday dupe him into adopting token, piecemeal reforms than to risk political gridlock.

We have three choices here: move forward, move backward, or stand still.
If you intend to choose either of the latter, at least be intellectually honest about your reasoning.

No revolution has ever succeeded through inaction.

dwalk31 dwalk31 , ‘sup man. I am certain that as an attorney, that you are paying close attention to the James v. NRA case, correct?! How do you feel about these now retired right wing judges who side with, then are defending the rights of the NRA now stating that White people and Black people, are not supposed to coexist? Can you imagine how many innocent Black men and women, these creeps have thrown n prison?

I am familiar, generally, with the case to dissolve the NRA but I don't know much outside of the press releases.

Link me to the part about the judges saying white people and black people aren't supposed to coexist.

Also, judges getting kickbacks from throwing black men and women in prison has been a serious issue for a while. Crazy to ask me how I feel about that.

Obviously it is beyond disgusting.

And it has famously been the case for judges from both sides of the aisle. Surely you remember the cash for kids scandal involving Ciavarella and Conahan

dwalk31 dwalk31 you still think that trump/pence will provide more net gains (financial, quality of life, all aspects of life in this country) for a black person than biden/harris?!

I don't know why you are saying "still." I never made that statement in the first place.

But I do still think Trump has the unique ability to get meaningful legislation past a Republican Senate in a way that Biden (now Biden-Harris) would likely not be able to.

But like I've said, they start talking reparations for black descendants of slaves in America and I will vote for them, even if only as a symbolic gesture.

I am familiar, generally, with the case to dissolve the NRA but I don't know much outside of the press releases.

Link me to the part about the judges saying white people and black people aren't supposed to coexist.

Also, judges getting kickbacks from throwing black men and women in prison has been a serious issue for a while. Crazy to ask me how I feel about that.

Obviously it is beyond disgusting.

And it has famously been the case for judges from both sides of the aisle. Surely you remember the cash for kids scandal involving Ciavarella and Conahan
You do know that I find the entire system to be racist, regardless of party. I simply find one party to be suddenly more progressive in regard to Black women. Support of that will never be shameful. What is indeed shameful are these White republican judges, and their not so hidden agenda. The support of the NRA by these judges, is indeed a matter of public record, but I cannot currently post those links here.

You do know that I find the entire system to be racist, regardless of party. I simply find one party to be suddenly more progressive in regard to Black women. Support of that will never be shameful. What is indeed shameful are these White republican judges, and their not so hidden agenda. The support of the NRA by these judges, is indeed a matter of public record, but I cannot currently post those links here.

I'm glad you said suddenly. At least someone on this thread is willing to acknowledge how positions have conveniently shifted, especially for Biden.

They coming for her man...
let em. how many wives has trump gone through?
how many has he ran through on the side?

i'm fully prepared to take the gloves off on and offline.
I don't even care for kamala or biden like that (but I don't hate them). trump has to go. period. i'll do my part however I can.

yo off topic but its on my mind...
three of my family members have covid-19, one of which they aren't sure will make it and another who is in the hospital (she's a nurse and spread it).
my own mom has been potentially exposed a few times.
one of my friends had it and thought he would die.
another friend's mother got it.

trump should have been forcibly removed but if/when nov comes and he loses as he should, if he doesn't leave in jan.………………...
let me get off this computer before I end up on a no fly list and I can't move far away from this evil continent.

I'm glad you said suddenly. At least someone on this thread is willing to acknowledge how positions have conveniently shifted, especially for Biden.
It s quite clear that the Dems have no other choice. White women helped to put Trump into office, so now it’s time for Black women to put a foot n their political butts for doing so. Intermountain Jewish News just came out and said that James should leave the NRA alone. This is a Jewish news line. Check it out. https://www.ijn.com/let-the-ny-attorney-general-leave-the-nra-alone/

Last edited:

One could say Trump has done the same but he literally doesn’t have a single second term policy proposal

Back
Top Bottom