***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I've said from the beginning (2016) -- if you at any point supported for Trump, whether defending him verbally or by voting for him or buying a MAGA hat or donating to his campaign or the campaign of anybody who supports him, you are responsible for him and his actions, at least partially. We knew from day one who he was because he told us who he was. It wasn't a mistake to support him at any point. It was wrong.

That said, people can change, and that is ok. Many of us in here have evolved over the years. But we didn't keep posting in here trying to defend our past selves.

Calling the rhetoric dangerous seems to be the opposite of normalizing it.

So I guess you deleting that part makes sense for your narrative.

hmmm almost seems like if it wasn’t an empty statement you wouldn’t have voted for it twice if you really believed it was dangerous. But let’s keep ignoring the fact that you voted for him again after he ran his entire second term platform on placating to racists

Calling the rhetoric dangerous seems to be the opposite of normalizing it.

So I guess you deleting that part makes sense for your narrative.
Yet you voted for him twice and supported him as president while he was president. Guess it wasn’t so “dangerous”
-
1612051188423.gif

Anti-vaxers aren't necessarily far right. The greater Seattle area (especially Vashon Island, which is a 15-minute ferry ride from West Seattle) is an anti-vaxxer haven, and most of them are liberal as hell. Anti-vax does not discriminate.
Not sure why you would think I’m saying they were. I was putting them in sequence, i.e. my favorite teams are the Giants, Mets., etc........
And I’m aware of folks in that area. I was stationed at Bremerton in the Navy and Ft. Lewis in the Army.

Not sure why you would think I’m saying they were. I was putting them in sequence, i.e. my favorite teams are the Giants, Mets., etc........
And I’m aware of folks in that area. I was stationed at Bremerton in the Navy and Ft. Lewis in the Army.

Your comment implied they were the same crowd.

Your comment implied they were the same crowd.
Didn’t imply it. That would mean I had intent for it to be taken as such. You interpreted it that way. If they were to be grouped together, I would have used “the far-right, anti-vaccine people.” Folks AND people. That’s what I used after anti-vaccine and far-right.

Back
Top Bottom