***Official Political Discussion Thread***

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Collects disability, gets free Obamacare that controls his diabetes, gets food stamps and and heating assistance, receives section 8 that pays his trailer park rent, and has a designated handicap spot for his car outside his trailer but but He will vote Republican because he wants his country back!''Collects disability, gets free Obamacare that controls his diabetes, gets food stamps and and heating assistance, receives section 8 that pays his trailer park rent, and has a designated handicap spot for his car outside his trailer but but He will vote Republican because he wants his country back!'
LumenoK- LumenoK- looking HANDSOME!

If he runs I think it should be temporarily reinstated for as long as he is formally a candidate. I don't think the ToS should apply to politicians when they are in office anyway. Twitter has the right to do whatever they want at the end of the day and I don't particularly care much but that's just my personal view.

I never understood the National anthem and pledge of allegiance bs.

are we in North Korea or what? I paid to be here I’m not singing your special song.
Over the top patriotism is an easy way to get ppl to got along with any bs you try to put out there...Just say you doing it for the country or “flag” and these ppl you brainwashed to luv the anthem/military/etc so much won’t question it

To think we could of never had this problem if not for idiot trump and the people that supported him. We could of NEVER been in al this. No lock down, no school shut downs, nothing. @dwalk31 huge F you to you and all like you

We probably still would’ve needed lockdowns but they wouldn’t have been as long and could’ve actually been effective if done correctly. It’s very clear at this point what countries did and did not do this properly.

Lockdowns would've been pretty much unavoidable no matter what, I think. But you'd certainly have less impact from the virus if Trump didn't lie about the threat for so long, and didn't start or at best constantly perpetuate the ridiculous culture war over not wearing masks, social distancing, ...

Aside from countries like New Zealand and South Korea though, pretty much everyone ****ed up in one way or the other.

Over the top patriotism is an easy way to get ppl to got along with any bs you try to put out there...Just say you doing it for the country or “flag” and these ppl you brainwashed to luv the anthem/military/etc so much won’t question it
I was pretty young but I still remember all the bull**** people tried to say about not being patriotic to anyone that didn’t agree with the Iraq War.

It’s a cult so I think a lot of people would do what he says.

I agree if a liberal says to wear for their safety they will automatically dismiss it. But if a republican does it who is like hard right, they’ll think it’s actually serious ****. I firmly believe if he wore and endorsed a mask mandate they’d go along with it.

It’s a cult so I think a lot of people would do what he says.
You're forgetting something very important
He wasn't wearing a mask so they weren't going to wear one either
All he would have cared about was making a sale and taking their money

I think you're second point is more salient than your first. There's nothing intrinsically wrong in using song or ceremony to create community and unity. Watch Obama's Pinckney speech, and especially Amazing Grace, and tell me you don't feel inspired to be part of something bigger than yourself.

But the SSB and PoA are lack any meaningful beliefs. Neither a description of a military battle nor a blind loyalty oath gives any sense of what the community is built on or what ties it together. These ceremonies are vulnerable to exploitation for any ends because they offer no moral direction themselves.

In 1986 I was in fifth grade, and the pledge was mandatory. But in our class, Ms. Mamie Wilson had us follow it up with the preamble to the Constitution, effectively specifying the ends just allied ourselves to: justice, tranquility, defense, welfare, and becoming more perfect. It wasn't the perfect antidote to indoctrination, but I think it was a good start.

With how much of a **** show the US has been with COVID, I think he’s done an ok job. He really didn’t help himself by being at that party. Religious people have been pissed, though.
I keep thinking about what Newsom has done since the beginning of the Pandemic. Yes, he's done some things that made him look bad, but is he really doing a bad job? Or are people still hating on him because of how he got there?

I highly doubt that CA will end up with a Republican Governor. So what's the reason for wanting a recall?

I agree.
These folks really about to waste our time and make us vote, just for him to stay in office. I only see recall Newsom signs in orange county.
And see that isn't a surprise. South OC tends to beat to the sound of their own drum and act spoiled and entitled when things don't go their way.

I was happy when South OC went Democrat, though. People were losing their minds lmaoo

Back
Top Bottom