***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I can't believe that Trumps attorney's are using whataboutism's right now...:lol:

Dudes have have a whole clip of yeah, but they did it too!

I can’t watch this anymore. To think these are old *** men who have been doing this for decades saying some of the dumbest **** possible. This is laughable and sad. Their arguments are the same as a 5 year old saying “They made me do it!”. Amazing

Last edited:
WhYmLo4f8NENa8wLjomWjjyQjjAAtrvDSSrJPekcmGQ.jpg

In general I think Dave Ramsey’s message on finance has been beneficial to people, but he really starts showing his true colors sometimes. Even if his ideas aren’t terribly original or creative, he can make you do a double take at your own finances and make some positive changes. I’m not even necessarily talking specifically about this instance, but he gets super annoying with his political opinions that no one asks for. I’ll still get random YouTube recommendations that I’ll watch and he’s unlistenable sometimes. He’s so far removed from from what actual people are going through.

In general I think Dave Ramsey’s message on finance has been beneficial to people, but he really starts showing his true colors sometimes. Even if his ideas aren’t terribly original or creative, he can make you do a double take at your own finances and make some positive changes. I’m not even necessarily talking specifically about this instance, but he gets super annoying with his political opinions that no one asks for. I’ll still get random YouTube recommendations that I’ll watch and he’s unlistenable sometimes. He’s so far removed from from what actual people are going through.
I had an old coworker who was a certified Dave Ramsey instructor or something, we would always get into arguments about buying cars with cash and credit. :lol:

I had an old coworker who was a certified Dave Ramsey instructor or something, we would always get into arguments about buying cars with cash and credit. :lol:

Lmao that’s funny. Yea, I don’t agree with Dave about credit. There are responsible ways to use credit to your advantage. I buy almost everything with a credit card for fraud protection and because I’m basically throwing away free money not to. Even if it’s a small amount, credit card points add up. I just pay it off after I use it and try to keep my credit score high for big purchases. Any future car I get will be cash though. I literally sold my car during the pandemic and have been driving like a $3500 Hyundai I got from family because I don’t want a car payment. The pandemic changed my mind state a lot and I don’t really care that much about having a really nice car anymore.

I still like the conspiracy theory that Andrew Yang is really just 3 redditors in a trenchcoat.

Not sure if I fully believe it, but I’m most of the way there.
So it must've been Yang Redditor #3 that was wildin out with the whipped cream lol.

Yeah I don't think you can beat his basics when it comes to getting out of debt, but he still very much is a rich old white conservative evangelical and comes from that out of touch perspective often.

Lmao that’s funny. Yea, I don’t agree with Dave about credit. There are responsible ways to use credit to your advantage. I buy almost everything with a credit card for fraud protection and because I’m basically throwing away free money not to. Even if it’s a small amount, credit card points add up. I just pay it off after I use it and try to keep my credit score high for big purchases. Any future car I get will be cash though. I literally sold my car during the pandemic and have been driving like a $3500 Hyundai I got from family because I don’t want a car payment. The pandemic changed my mind state a lot and I don’t really care that much about having a really nice car anymore.
Yeah but I kinda get his point where in reality people don't have the discipline to outsmart the credit card companies, but if you can scale back that hard and pay off debt I think you can. Also it's really a short time to grind in the grand scheme of things. I don't want a car payment either, but damn I want that RS6 one day, makes me figure out how to grind harder to get it.

Yeah but I kinda get his point where in reality people don't have the discipline to outsmart the credit card companies, but if you can scale back that hard and pay off debt I think you can. Also it's really a short time to grind in the grand scheme of things. I don't want a car payment either, but damn I want that RS6 one day, makes me figure out how to grind harder to get it.

As a Christian I like Dave and what he says but you have to take some of his suggestions with a grain of salt and do what's best for your own financial situation using his principles. If you listen to him you should have 0 debt and pay for everything in cash. That's not a life I want and I have a good handle on my finances. I use credit cards to build up my credit (pay them off each month), I only use cash when I have to and I have six figure student loan debt. Without said debt I wouldn't have the career I have where my compensation vastly outweighs my debt.

Back
Top Bottom