**OFFICIAL POST YOUR **VINTAGE** SNAPBACKS THREAD**

but im not one of the polo "bros''
i been on RL since i was teen in the early 2000s , and been scramblin to cop all the vintage pieces worth stacks 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

im not trolling , im just saying that you all know that you were not rocking snaps in 2008 . thats all.

When you say "you all" you're bunching everyone together. That's clearly not the case. Look at you and your Polo comment. There are always exceptions.

Some of us have been rocking this stuff since the young crowd were in diapers. Been slowing down since these crackheads want $200 for a $12 hat.

#justsayin

When you say "you all" you're bunching everyone together. That's clearly not the case. Look at you and your Polo comment. There are always exceptions.

Some of us have been rocking this stuff since the young crowd were in diapers. Been slowing down since these crackheads want $200 for a $12 hat.

#justsayin

Saw some illllll snapbacks in DTLR today when scooping foams. Old Miami Hurricanes joint almost made me scoop

Saw some illllll snapbacks in DTLR today when scooping foams. Old Miami Hurricanes joint almost made me scoop

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

I don't see what the problem is with wearing Mitchell and Ness Snapbacks. It's like refusing to wear Jordan retros, i've never seen anyone do that
my homeboy is like that too 
eyes.gif
 he's always doggin on mitchell and ness snpabacks, if it looks nice ill rock it. i own 1 new era snapback and all my other ones are vintage. they vary in size soo much. i personally havent tried a M & N one but they sizing looks on point for someone with a bigger dome like mine. and i totally agree with what ninja, my vintage bulls snapback looking like its youth sized on my head 
sick.gif
 and the starter one is slightly bigger but still slightly small. im 6 ft btw head size in fitted is 7 3/8

I don't see what the problem is with wearing Mitchell and Ness Snapbacks. It's like refusing to wear Jordan retros, i've never seen anyone do that
eyes.gif
 he's always doggin on mitchell and ness snpabacks, if it looks nice ill rock it. i own 1 new era snapback and all my other ones are vintage. they vary in size soo much. i personally havent tried a M & N one but they sizing looks on point for someone with a bigger dome like mine. and i totally agree with what ninja, my vintage bulls snapback looking like its youth sized on my head 
sick.gif
 and the starter one is slightly bigger but still slightly small. im 6 ft btw head size in fitted is 7 3/8

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

eyes.gif
sick.gif
If Nike brought back the sports specialties brand to retro the og snapbacks to look like the originals, I would be ok with that. But when its Mitchell and Ness, who never produced caps in the 90's, starts mass producing them with their logo whored across the back of it, its just an "imitation" of the original - especially when og's are still relatively easy to acquire on the internet depending on rarity.

People feel like a more "authentic" part of a movement or community by having the real thing - having the original suggests one is more of a trend setter (who has since been embraced and copied) rather than a trend follower, and trend setters consider themselves more superior contributors to a movement than the followers. Thats why people pay $100-150 for a $10 hat in 2011, to offer the illusion of longevity in the movement and the community which follows it.

eyes.gif
sick.gif
If Nike brought back the sports specialties brand to retro the og snapbacks to look like the originals, I would be ok with that. But when its Mitchell and Ness, who never produced caps in the 90's, starts mass producing them with their logo whored across the back of it, its just an "imitation" of the original - especially when og's are still relatively easy to acquire on the internet depending on rarity.

People feel like a more "authentic" part of a movement or community by having the real thing - having the original suggests one is more of a trend setter (who has since been embraced and copied) rather than a trend follower, and trend setters consider themselves more superior contributors to a movement than the followers. Thats why people pay $100-150 for a $10 hat in 2011, to offer the illusion of longevity in the movement and the community which follows it.

Originally Posted by KEARSE15

eyes.gif
sick.gif

damn hypebeasts need to get off their soapboxes please...
laugh.gif

M&N earn they're stripes making authentic reproductions of original styled jerseys...so they have every right, and all da clout they need to make these snapbacks...

fact of da matter is no one over 6 feet is gonna cop a vintage snapback and look "good" with it on with today's sizing...M&N addressed that early on by making their snapbacks

alot more bigger fitting so a guy he isn't built like bow-wow can actually rock em and not look like he stole his lil brother's cap...to their credit they even bested New era,..their

snapbacks suck.

eyes.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif

M&N earn they're stripes making authentic reproductions of original styled jerseys...so they have every right, and all da clout they need to make these snapbacks...

fact of da matter is no one over 6 feet is gonna cop a vintage snapback and look "good" with it on with today's sizing...M&N addressed that early on by making their snapbacks

alot more bigger fitting so a guy he isn't built like bow-wow can actually rock em and not look like he stole his lil brother's cap...to their credit they even bested New era,..their

snapbacks suck.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

eyes.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif

snapbacks suck.

Definitely with Ninja on this one. Most of the people i know that hate on M&N and scream about vintage do so because their are trying to justify their $50-$100 purchase. The hats fit small as hell on heads too 
roll.gif
roll.gif
 For $24 you can beat the quality of a mitchell and ness snapback and you can always get the right fit. That is why it is taking over especially with New Era sizing issues and $37+ price tag.

eyes.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif

snapbacks suck.

Definitely with Ninja on this one. Most of the people i know that hate on M&N and scream about vintage do so because their are trying to justify their $50-$100 purchase. The hats fit small as hell on heads too 
roll.gif
roll.gif
 For $24 you can beat the quality of a mitchell and ness snapback and you can always get the right fit. That is why it is taking over especially with New Era sizing issues and $37+ price tag.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

STRAIGHT VINTAGE>>>>>>
laugh.gif

straight elitism ....M&N caps from what i seen are constructed better, fit bigger, more variety, and dont smell like 2 decade old moth...
deff not elitism.. I dont buy my snapbacks off the internet.. 90% of the fun in them are finding ones you have never seen before..   anyone that can go in DTLR and buy one of the millio9ns of mitchel and ness they printed last week.. wackkkkk

also one of my best friends Ant down here in ATL says he knows you??
Thats the elitist part. Instead of embracing other people interest in the newer styled ones, you think its wack because you want to have all the "rare" ones. 
I like M&N snapbacks, just got 2 the other day. The hat collecting is about to turn into sneaker collecting. People collecting for all of the wrong reasons. Wanting to be "exclusive" rather than wearing what they think is nice. 

Because half of the stuff people buying thats vintage, is ugly compared to some of the newer designs. 

If you hate my opinion, then come at me bro. 

Snapbacks are appreciated though. I'm enjoying the stuff contributed in the thread, especially considering I love all hats. 

edit- 

And M&N snapbacks aren't "fake". How the hell are they fake when M&N has an authentic license to distribute sports gear. New era, Adidas, etc. All of them are licensed to distribute.

Get off the high horse of having old $#@ hats and embrace the newer brands. Its one thing to not like them by personal preference, and its another thing to discriminate against others for liking something you don't like. 

Thats like hating on Nike/Adidas authentics because you're only into Champion jerseys from the 90's. C'mon son, GTFOHWTBS. 

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

STRAIGHT VINTAGE>>>>>>
laugh.gif

straight elitism ....M&N caps from what i seen are constructed better, fit bigger, more variety, and dont smell like 2 decade old moth...
deff not elitism.. I dont buy my snapbacks off the internet.. 90% of the fun in them are finding ones you have never seen before..   anyone that can go in DTLR and buy one of the millio9ns of mitchel and ness they printed last week.. wackkkkk

also one of my best friends Ant down here in ATL says he knows you??
Thats the elitist part. Instead of embracing other people interest in the newer styled ones, you think its wack because you want to have all the "rare" ones. 
I like M&N snapbacks, just got 2 the other day. The hat collecting is about to turn into sneaker collecting. People collecting for all of the wrong reasons. Wanting to be "exclusive" rather than wearing what they think is nice. 

Because half of the stuff people buying thats vintage, is ugly compared to some of the newer designs. 

If you hate my opinion, then come at me bro. 

Snapbacks are appreciated though. I'm enjoying the stuff contributed in the thread, especially considering I love all hats. 

edit- 

And M&N snapbacks aren't "fake". How the hell are they fake when M&N has an authentic license to distribute sports gear. New era, Adidas, etc. All of them are licensed to distribute.

Get off the high horse of having old $#@ hats and embrace the newer brands. Its one thing to not like them by personal preference, and its another thing to discriminate against others for liking something you don't like. 

Thats like hating on Nike/Adidas authentics because you're only into Champion jerseys from the 90's. C'mon son, GTFOHWTBS. 

Originally Posted by Greytoe23

laugh.gif

snapbacks suck.
roll.gif
roll.gif
My argument isn't really about sizing or quality of mitchell and ness; I'm simply saying, as with any vintage trend, elitists see themselves as "better" by spending $$$ for the original, while the others will buy the branded remake just to fit in with the crowd. Nonetheless, its hard not to view trend followers as fashion "victims".

laugh.gif
I'm just speaking as an outsider looking in here kids, I don't really wear caps. (although I had a ds bulls sports specialties that came free with a shirt for $9.99 on ebay a year ago, and somebody here offered me $80 for it, which is how I found myself trolling this thread
grin.gif
).

We all complain about hipsters, but how are some of you any better? Following trends, imitating each other to fit in...ya'll see Jay and Kanye wearing that silly cap so the kids will run to his man and buy it too?

Originally Posted by Greytoe23

laugh.gif

snapbacks suck.
roll.gif
roll.gif
My argument isn't really about sizing or quality of mitchell and ness; I'm simply saying, as with any vintage trend, elitists see themselves as "better" by spending $$$ for the original, while the others will buy the branded remake just to fit in with the crowd. Nonetheless, its hard not to view trend followers as fashion "victims".

laugh.gif
I'm just speaking as an outsider looking in here kids, I don't really wear caps. (although I had a ds bulls sports specialties that came free with a shirt for $9.99 on ebay a year ago, and somebody here offered me $80 for it, which is how I found myself trolling this thread
grin.gif
).

We all complain about hipsters, but how are some of you any better? Following trends, imitating each other to fit in...ya'll see Jay and Kanye wearing that silly cap so the kids will run to his man and buy it too?

man wish i would of picked up more snap backs in 08...my store had all types of sweet stuff for 10 bucks raider bulls and once the craze started the store got cleaned out...asian lady who runs the joint told me she had been trying to move those hats for years lol

man wish i would of picked up more snap backs in 08...my store had all types of sweet stuff for 10 bucks raider bulls and once the craze started the store got cleaned out...asian lady who runs the joint told me she had been trying to move those hats for years lol

yall are some real dummines if you think im elitest and paying over $10 for a snapback... Thrift stores all day yall seen my pics earlier in the thread...

yall are some real dummines if you think im elitest and paying over $10 for a snapback... Thrift stores all day yall seen my pics earlier in the thread...

Back
Top Bottom