Official Prey 2 and Predator 6 Movie Threads. Vol. Yes, Two movies OTW!

predators basically legally blind. They can barely ever see anything without the infrared scanner on their helmets.

FearlessEmotionalCalf-size_restricted.gif

I thought it was dope. I appreciated the feral Predator. He seemed inexperienced because he only had one skull in his stash when he landed and the fact that he took way more hits than any other predator. Everyone would have gotten washed if it was the predator that fought Dutch. They had to give the humans some kind of shot. :lol:

Naru was sick with the scorpion axe. :pimp:

This movie was dope. Not too upset at having to watch at home, because I could get absorbed into the story and film. The action pieces were cool and it was a good choice to make the French more "savage" than the old stereotypical move of making the natives the "savages."

Also makes sense the Predator wasn't too experienced for this movie, since its billed as the first Predator hunt on earth.

It was good, dare I say great?

Very good cinematography
Very good casting
Very good dialogue (minimal, no corniness/off color jokes)
Very good acting
Very good/mininal CGI

Movie started off with an adult tone and just kept going, very gory very violent just like the original.

Even though the main character was female, I did not get a sense of forced inclusion and they did a good job of displayingComanche tribe dynamics.

I only had 1 gripe!!!!!!!!!!!
when she squared up with predator and the dog popped up with the tomahawk in his mouth 🤣💀 🧀 cheesiest moment of the film, but I’ll let it slide because overall the movie was fuego

Whoever directed this, need more work 🔥🔥🔥

Need wolf predator back. Homie was taking on aliens on his own.

Wolf the goat. We definitely need that story of him like Jordan in his prime just doing the work.

Just not sure if the future directors will try to bring in any AvP connections. The last three movies pretty much ignored them.

So for those that follow the Predator lore, there are different types of Predators and they are all hunters? Meaning none of them are “good”?

So for those that follow the Predator lore, there are different types of Predators and they are all hunters? Meaning none of them are “good”?

Pretty much. I'll spare the comic canon characters, but all of the movie Pred's are just hunters. Most live by a code so they're not just killing random people, usually:lol:

Jungle Pred was an og, hunting on his own.

Predator 2 was part of a tribe.

AvP trio were teenagers hunting Aliens for rights of passage.

Wolf in AVP:R was the cleaner, cleaning up the AvP mess.

Super Predators in Predators were just a different species who also hunted regular Predators.

Fugitive Predator in The Predator was probably the closest thing to a hero since it had human DNA mixed in it. And its mission was to help humans against the Upgraded Predators.

Upgraded Predator was supposed to be the ultimate hybrid of Predators so they could conquer earth.

And Feral Pred was just a young, cocky Pred. Everybody was getting licks on him.

This is how you do a good Predator movie, I never thought of this direction they took
Shame there wasnt a theatrical release, would've made bookoo money due to word of mouf alone.
Best movie I've seen this year after Batman and Top Gun

Was good…one of the better one only gripes
1. His face wish it would been more to the original
2. The dialouge…like why speak their native language and english? I woulda been happy w subtitles make it more authentic.
I did like how it was not as advanced…tech and all that the predators are still evolving….

2. The dialouge…like why speak their native language and english? I woulda been happy w subtitles make it more authentic.
I did like how it was not as advanced…tech and all that the predators are still evolving….

There’s a Comanche dub option that makes it pretty dope. Lips aren’t as jarring as og kung-fu movie dubs were either. You should check that version out.

This is how you do a good Predator movie, I never thought of this direction they took
Shame there wasnt a theatrical release, would've made bookoo money due to word of mouf alone.
Best movie I've seen this year after Batman and Top Gun

The idea of predators coming to earth at different times in human history has been discussed for a long time, albeit mainly among fans of the franchise. I thought it was cool they went in this direction. Casting was great, the pacing was great, minimal dialogue and no throwaway lines, really.

As for the other post about the dialogue, switching to English kind of reminded how they do it in Warrior on HBO. They start off in the native language, then switch to English to make it easier for the audience to consume it.

Back
Top Bottom