OFFICIAL RAP BATTLE THREAD: Hitman Holla vs. Aye Verb p.12

rex was trash his entire career up until he battled young ill...somewhere round there

he wasn't good til he adopted the verb method of basically touring and battling once a month and sometimes more

rex was always mooks lil @&$@$

his w's came way later and most are still debatable

he just does way better than he use to

he wouldn't even talk about the person in front of him well into the new style of battling

he changed is style to rapping and talking about his opponent...boy use to just rap

and that battle against conceited was trash on both fronts

his style evolved cause when you battle so much you gotta get rid of old material, it's the same concept comedians use

Last edited:
Rex was always trash ?

guess we can agree to disagree :lol: I'm way at the opposite at the end of that spectrum

battle rap has to be the most subjective thing ever. I've seen serius Jones referred to as a legend in here and now Rex been trash his WHOLE career... Whoa!

basically rex been trash til he made the grown man bars tag line

every battle before that was regular

it's just like Tay rock

he was never good til he lost to clipz

and alotta people still don't like rock

Last edited:
watch this one again. droped last year, i've seen it a few times. Crugger was pretty good. i think con really did go brain dead for a sec, but was lucky enough to catch it

packin a mac in the back of the Ac Rex was wack? you wilin

Yeah because in Detroit we ride with it in our lap

Nice rebuttal by Cal but saying Rex been trash his whole career is just a gross overstatement or people not liking a rapper and losing all objectivity.

For ex I'm not a fan of math, Daylyt , or conceited at all but calling them trash is doing too much...I'm not fans of their styles and I'll leave it at that.

Fact is Rex been battling too long, in too many big events to be called trash..overrated may be more fair but trash is way off base....Midwest miles now that's trash

I look forward to reading about how nice Charron is in the near future tho :lol:

Rex is the alpha of the URL top tier, when it comes to having solid rounds every battle, he just writes great rounds, almost all the time which is why
it seems he never loses, but he has lost the least out of anyone thats been on camera with more than 5 battles, Clipz vs Hollow is the only thing that makes sense
right now, or clipz vs mook. If clipz really bodied trex than mook is next

Rex is the alpha of the URL top tier, when it comes to having solid rounds every battle, he just writes great rounds, almost all the time which is why
it seems he never loses, but he has lost the least out of anyone thats been on camera with more than 5 battles, Clipz vs Hollow is the only thing that makes sense
right now, or clipz vs mook. If clipz really bodied trex than mook is next
Clips hasn't lost yet, other than to tayroc which is debatable at best.

Yeah clips should get a shot at hollow. Clips did lose to heartless recently though. It looked like he wasn't trying and it was also 1 round. IMO there shouldn't ever be a 1 round battle. I mean I get it the rapper wants to get that money. But if these little leagues want a top tier dude then save up for a full battle!

Clips has been up there with Hollow..its just Clips battles a whole lot more than Hollow does so it get a little over saturated...

I still don't know where the hype for hollwo came from...he even said it in a interview..after he got out of jail...people just started to show love outta nowhere.

he prolly meant in ny

cali was big on hollow early in his grindtime days pause

can't remember if he went to jail before or after battling big t

ny was fully on board with hollow at that point too

wasn't he sent up twice?

I know he battled surf after coming home but I think he got locked before that too...maybe not

Last edited:
he prolly meant in ny

wasn't he sent up twice?

I know he battled surf after coming home but I think he got locked before that too...maybe not
I think it was twice...I know he got locked after big T..then he battled goodz.

he prolly meant in ny

wasn't he sent up twice?

I think it was twice...I know he got locked after big T..then he battled goodz.

Yeah he went up twice... But Hollow was getting crazy love prior to that second stint, he also beat Hitman, those two solidified him as a fan favorite in NY.

I'm about to watch him v Surf right now...

I do not think Clips lost to Jones IMO. I think Clips edged B Magic, and that was Magic's last good battle.

Clips lost to Heartless, O Red and from what I can remember, sad to say, Arsonal.

We'll see soon Clips vs. Hollow if all goes well on URL in December.

Clips faces Illmaculate Saturday and Charron in November.

I didn't see the Heartless battle. I am watching it now. He has bars but his delivery stinks for a battle rapper. Half way finished. 

Back
Top Bottom