Official Raptors Season Thread [41-41]

eek.gif
Hawks just dodged a bullet right now

overtime

Alright, 3 hours after the game, I am still heated as hell.

Someone let me know when we dont suck and blow (no hm
laugh.gif
) big leads in the second half.

Im starting to really hate Sam now.

At least NCAA and Baseball is on. If thats not on, I would go insane, if im not already
laugh.gif

that loss against atlanta tonight was total BS. the ****** who was operating the clock started it even before the ball touched ford's hands. with that .1of a second more the layup would have been good. at my house all u heard was a collective "WHAT THE F**K" when they showed that

and again, poor d in the final quarter had us blow a 17 point lead. horrible

Even though we lost to the Bobcats; again...

We still clinched a playoff berth tonight thanks to the Pistons beating the Nets tonight.

pimp.gif

Other than Boston, Detroit, Orlando and maybe Cleveland, no one else in the East belongs in the playoffs.

.500 in the East is completely unacceptable, Sam Mitchell and co. are running out of excuses. The playoffs start April 19th I believe, if the Raps make itinto May I'll be shocked.

If I was GM of the Raps this summer I'd:
-Fire Mitchell
-Trade Ford or sign-and-trade Calderon (whoever gets us the best player in return) for a top-15 draft pick or an impact player to fill SG/SF
-try and trade Jason Kapono
-fill a need at SG/SF/C with our 1st rounder
-resign Moon to a modest contract, no more than $2 mill/season, but have him come off the bench
-sign a decent veteran to play back-up PG
-sign a rebounder

Realistically, I expect Colangelo to draft a SF/SG to gradually plug in as a starter and he's going to have to trade Ford or Calderon because it doesntmake sense to have 2 PG's making $8+ million each when the team has so many holes to fill. Colangelo could also pull off a huge trade if he wanted tosince we have 4 expiring contracts (Rasho, Garbo, Parker, Graham make almost $20 million combined) but the thing is we'd likely have to take a monstercontract in return.

Summer of 2009 should be great, we'll have around $20 million to spend on free agents with Rasho, Garbo and Parker's contracts coming off the books.

Carlos I agree with all those signings. Its obvious what the gaps are in the Raps roster. Although we won't need a veteran pg with Roko coming over.

Draft night will be interesting. I think BC should flirt with trading away Bargnani. Yeah we all see glimpses of what he eventually will mold into, butsometimes you just can't save face. I have a feeling BC is reluctant to trade him because it was HIS #1 plus he comes with the baggage of Gheridini. Savingface hurts in the long run, word to Iraq.

In my opinion T.J. has lower trade value than Jose, but he's also a better fit for our team. Jose + Rasho could attract some serious talent.

Kapono's definitely gotta go. He's trash and not worth our MLE. No way I'd resign Delfino either.

What I would do with our big name guys
Bosh we keep for long term, obviously
Jose - Re-sign for near 8 mil
Jamario Moon - like Carlos said, re-sign for 2 mil
Anthony Parker - Re-sign for about 6-8 mil
Bargs - tradable
TJ - tradable
Rasho - Re-sign... I think he is much more valuable than people think... say going against bigs like Dwight/Shaq, etc
Joey - tradable
Carlos - keep
Kapono - he is good. He can play. He just doesnt get the minutes he needs. He also needs a point guard who will slash and dish... where TJ just slashes andshoots. I think we keep, but offer a pay cut (he wouldnt go for it, but still)

I think we trade TJ/Bargs for a big that can rebound like hell.
Draft a SG/SF first round. There is some big talent in the draft this year.

Personally, I wouldnt mind seeing Bargs/TJ/Joey for possibly a player and a high draft pick. I would love Brook Lopez, or OJ Mayo on the team. I know itsunrealistic... but I can dream.
laugh.gif

Honestly, I laugh every time I see the Raptors lose. I have just stopped caring now.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

What I would do with our big name guys
Bosh we keep for long term, obviously
Jose - Re-sign for near 8 mil
Jamario Moon - like Carlos said, re-sign for 2 mil
Anthony Parker - Re-sign for about 6-8 mil
Bargs - tradable
TJ - tradable
Rasho - Re-sign... I think he is much more valuable than people think... say going against bigs like Dwight/Shaq, etc
Joey - tradable
Carlos - keep
Kapono - he is good. He can play. He just doesnt get the minutes he needs. He also needs a point guard who will slash and dish... where TJ just slashes and shoots. I think we keep, but offer a pay cut (he wouldnt go for it, but still)

I think we trade TJ/Bargs for a big that can rebound like hell.
Draft a SG/SF first round. There is some big talent in the draft this year.

Personally, I wouldnt mind seeing Bargs/TJ/Joey for possibly a player and a high draft pick. I would love Brook Lopez, or OJ Mayo on the team. I know its unrealistic... but I can dream.
laugh.gif

Honestly, I laugh every time I see the Raptors lose. I have just stopped caring now.

As already mentioned, it's unlikely that Bargnani will be traded. As much as I dislike him, I think we should give him atleast another season to provehimself. He's already made plans to train with John Lucas this summer and he's going to go to several big man camps. He doesn't have ANYcommitments to play for the Italian national team so his focus will be 100% on becoming a better player for the Raptors. I wouldn't be surprised to seehim put on 10 pounds or so in the summer and significantly improve his skill set around the paint.

A lot of teams in the NBA like Kapono but not for the money the Raps are paying him. It's going to be very difficult to trade a guy who was anunrestricted free agent last summer and could've signed with any team he wanted. The Raps just offered him the most money and now we're stuck withhim.

Moon is making $400k this season, he wont demand a big contract because he just feels lucky to be in the NBA. I expect him to be a millionaire come nextseason but he'll be getting $1-2 mill/season. Moon isn't good enough to be a starter in the NBA but he'd be a nice energy guy coming off thebench.

Parker is under contract next season, he only makes around $4 mill a season and I think thats about right for him. I would NOT resign him this summerbecause having his expiring contract would give us a ton of flexibility. I've said before, I'm not that big a fan of Parker's game. He's agreat team guy and a good leader but he is limited offensively and has trouble matching up with more athletic swingmen.

Delfino is a bum, his shot selection is awful, he's very erratic on defense, good riddance, I'd let him walk this summer.

Rasho is under contract, he'll make $8 mill next season. Unless he opts out and then signs an extension with the team, he will be traded either thissummer or by the trade deadline next season.

Joey Graham has 0 trade value and his contract is pretty small. He might be thrown into any trade just to make the salaries even. I think he has 1 yearleft and then he might be out of the NBA. Kris Humphries is in the same situation, not much trade value and has a small contract.

It's still way too early to comment on next year's team because I expect around 5 new faces on the roster next season, but we shouldn't be inany hurry to win right away. With $20+ million in cap room in the summer of 2009, we could make a push for 1 or 2 significant players.

Were getting swept I've accepted that.

The Blue Jays are making me feel better. If the offense is even half way decent we can maybe make a run at the wild card with this pitching staff.

Man, I thought we could beat New Jersey. Apprently not.

Carlos, I agree with mostly everything you said. I liked Delfino when he first started playing for us, but I have seen his play decrease.

I think Parker should stay in Toronto after next year. He just seems to have a good fit with this team.

Anyway, go Jays.
wink.gif

I'm still hoping for us to some how make it to the second round and if not...at least there's GTA IV to consume all my time and probably ease the pain.One thing I am looking forward to is the changes BC will be making this summer.

laugh.gif
Blaine Harrington

OKB that you?
laugh.gif

I have a feeling that half the team will get blown up over the summer. I hope that we do get a good stretch of wins before the playoffs.

Go Raps!

I wish I lived in Toronto
frown.gif

Good win last night. Hopefully everything shapes out that we play Orlando first round.

Bosh shifting the blame on losing to the fans.
smh.gif

Sure it;s a good excuse, it's not only the fans that help decide the outcome of the game.

Anywho, earlier I just secured myself and a couple of friends some nice seats to Home games 1 & 2 of the first round.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Bosh is an idiot...how about the team win some meaningful games before criticizing the fans.

The team is .500 and about to get annihilated in the playoffs, theres nothing to get excited about.

And another thing...it's hard to get loyal fans into the stands when decent tickets are unaffordable and 98% of playoff tickets are sold to season ticketholders.

Back
Top Bottom