Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
I keep seeing horizon pop up on lists. Is it that good? Rockstar spoils me. I’m starting to feel like I can only play open world games

Wondering the same thing, and have the same mindset.
I'm taking a break from RDR2, which is standard for me when it comes to R* games before I attempt 100%.
I ended up getting 3 games for the holidays because the sales were just waaaay too good to pass up
GOW(which i literally just finished and was amazing)
Spider-Man
and HZD and while I've looked up reviews and the gameplay looks right up my alley,it doesn't looks like anything special.
I'm gonna play it for sure, but am wondering what exactly set the bar so high for this game.
I'm assuming story and graphics because it does look gorgeous

New update xbox finally got access to Arabian and gun it seems...

Today’s update to the Red Dead Online Beta introduces Gun Rush, where you’ll put your survival instincts to the test, gathering weapons and ammunition while the play area shrinks in this new mode for up to 32 players. Available to play now in Free-for-all and Team variations, where the last one standing wins
  • Daily Challenges: Tackle new challenges each day covering every aspect of the game, from sharpshooting to evading the law.
  • Law and Bounty Upgrades: Some changes are coming to the way the Law and Bounty systems work in Red Dead Online to reduce the enticements for griefing. Soon, players will get a bounty for committing crimes and will be incentivized to pay them off within an allotted time. Wait too long and bounty hunters from each of the states will track the player forcing them to either pay up or escape.
  • Parley Changes: We’re making the Parley system easier to trigger so that you can avoid aggressive players more quickly. In addition, it will be easier to trigger Feuds, Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds to take on attacking players in structured competition.
  • Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.
More to Come
We are working on lots of new content that we will be releasing this year. Just a few of the updates in the works are:

• All-new missions to build on your Story in A Land Of Opportunities – from previously established characters like Horley and Jessica LeClerk, and some new ones as well.
  • A range of Dynamic Events throughout the world
  • Lots of new competitive modes including new Showdown Modes and Races
  • Plus new weapons and clothing, and lots more that we’re not quite ready to announce just yet…
Xbox One players can also now access the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse, Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle and the High Roller Double-Action Revolver in the Red Dead Online Beta

White Arab got smoked by a train. Rip
upload_2019-1-10_11-13-59.jpeg

RIP to the homie.

I almost crapped my pants last night. Jesus.
So I’m in the bayou hunting for exotics for that one dude. Bagging egrets and what not. That shack near Bayall edge is right where I’m hunting. I’ve been in there before and there were just creepy candles. But now every time I come back, something else keeps getting added.....

There’s paintings all over.

Then a top hat in the corner

Then a big painting that’s starting to look like a guy wearing a top hat

I come back again last night and it looks like the top hat painting is done. It’s that creepy guy from the end of RD1 that knows John is gonna die!! The devil? Death?

Anyways the painting now has a promt to inspect it and as I’m walking up to it, THE MOTHER****ING TOP HAT GUY IS IN THE MIRROR REFLECTION RIGHT BEHIND ME! I whip around and he’s not there. Joint made me jump outta my seat! Look back in the mirror and he’s literally standing right behind me but he’s not there when I turn around.

Anyways I threw a Molotov cocktail inside and bounced after recording it in my journal. I came back today and the table and painting are gone, another mirror is hung up on the wall, and the top hat in the corner is gone. Place gives me the creeps!

I made a list about a month or so ago of all the animals I needed for the trapper outfits. Had been steadily knocking them off the list. Am I trippin or do you need multiple pelts of the same animal to craft different outfits?

Like say you need a perfect goat pelt to get one of the items from the Wrangler outfit. And you also need a perfect goat pelt for the Huntsman outfit. Do you need to kill two goats or will one cover both outfits? I know Legendary Animals craft multiple items but after playing and hunting for who knows how many hours and scratching animals off my list I'm noticing that I still need some of the animals I've already killed. If that's the case I got a lot more hunting to do. :lol:

On a brighter note though I completed the Master Hunter Challenges. That Legendary Panther tho :wow:

- Preciate it.

ualreadyknow23 ualreadyknow23 you need multiple animals for each different item. For instance I needed like 6 muskrat pelts to make the 6 different items on my list.

I did the exact same thing though, handwritten check list :pimp:

All I have left is 2 pecarry pigs :smokin

I can’t find male Moose or panthers anywhere on the map. And when I do find a moose, it’s always a female

I’ve really only seen the legendary moose, that’s by the waterfall in doverhill. The legendary salmon is right there too.

I just beat the game and the credits are rolling.

So apparently there are 4 different endings based on your honor system ?

Played gun rush it was pretty fun, I actually won my 2nd match. Hid in the braithwaithe mansion at the top of the stairs and when ol boy came looking popped him.

Awhile ago I found people legit resting at my camp so I had to lower my white flag and pop them. One dude came into my camp and stole my pelts off my horse, then I pretty hunted them on some "no country for old men" ish and we had a bunch of shootouts at first I was heated af, but it was pretty fun.

I'm getting bored with online though barely hang around for 30 mins, wish those free roam evens came on more frequently like dispatch Rider and cold dead hands

Bear chapter 6 last night it was completely random because I didn’t know I was so close doing the epilogue now

Started my first playthrough.im not a gamer. Loved the previous game tho.

Man the controls are complex and damn i gotta feed myself? And my horse?

I can barely feed myself in real life :lol:

Been avoiding this thread and online until I finished the main story line.

Got some questions
It looks like many of my ingredients got lost when Arthur dies. Is there any way around this? I'm talking many items I picked and found and even crafted. I had dozens of crafted food items. I had some feathers that I hadn't yet sold to the trapper. Lots of random herbs I found too.

Like many others, I haven't played video games in years. The story real drew me in. I won't lie, I teared up alittle. Credits were 30 minutes long. Really enjoyable experience. Overall.

I wish I had a save before Arthur gets sick. I do have one right before the final chapter 6 mission. I see that I lost my money too. I didn't ball out like I should have. I lost 5k.

Sitting at 85% without doing many of the side missions. Not sure I even want to get to 100%. For those that grinded the final 10-20%, was it worth it?

I never did find many drawings, bones, or dream catchers. I haven't yet found all the stuff for the guy in st Denis. Is it too late to find a feather for charles? I need two more legendary animals. I never did catch a single legendary fish.

I'm torn. It felt like a very abrupt finish with Arthur. I want him back.
I don't even think I found all the gang hideouts or found all of the animals. Is it worth it to grind and become a level 5 master Hunter etc. I'm thinking of going back to my other save and do all the side stuff before I no longer have Arthur or my horse/items. Thoughts?

How's online?

Been avoiding this thread and online until I finished the main story line.

Got some questions
It looks like many of my ingredients got lost when Arthur dies. Is there any way around this? I'm talking many items I picked and found and even crafted. I had dozens of crafted food items. I had some feathers that I hadn't yet sold to the trapper. Lots of random herbs I found too.

Like many others, I haven't played video games in years. The story real drew me in. I won't lie, I teared up alittle. Credits were 30 minutes long. Really enjoyable experience. Overall.

I wish I had a save before Arthur gets sick. I do have one right before the final chapter 6 mission. I see that I lost my money too. I didn't ball out like I should have. I lost 5k.

Sitting at 85% without doing many of the side missions. Not sure I even want to get to 100%. For those that grinded the final 10-20%, was it worth it?

I never did find many drawings, bones, or dream catchers. I haven't yet found all the stuff for the guy in st Denis. Is it too late to find a feather for charles? I need two more legendary animals. I never did catch a single legendary fish.

I'm torn. It felt like a very abrupt finish with Arthur. I want him back.
I don't even think I found all the gang hideouts or found all of the animals. Is it worth it to grind and become a level 5 master Hunter etc. I'm thinking of going back to my other save and do all the side stuff before I no longer have Arthur or my horse/items. Thoughts?

How's online?

You're not done G. You have 2 more chapters to go.

Back
Top Bottom