Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
People hail this game as if it were the greatest IP ever released by Rockstar...

I played it and beat it, expansions included.. It's okay.

Will cop RD2 but dont believe the hype. It's a great game, but not as godly as people make it seem.
u a hater bruh
and mind u
I'm the one saying it

Too desperate for likes.

Just a casual observation over the years made from peeping game discussions.

Have no clue what you're talking about.

you alluded to the fact that the old west, i.e. RDR, doesnt have to be open world. I'm guessing because Revolver wasnt? I never got to play it so I can't say.

So I was asking why you thought that way?

I just preferred the linear arcade style gameplay. It was a harder game as well.

People hail this game as if it were the greatest IP ever released by Rockstar...

Will cop RD2 but dont believe the hype. It's a great game, but not as godly as people make it seem.

While maybe not the greatest IP by Rockstar, it's up there with GTA for me as the funnest. I really like the Max Payne series too (where is MP4?!)

Max Payne is my favorite. Probably done as an IP, but still holding out hope for MP3 being BC eventually.

booked.gif

image.jpeg
speaking of rockstar ..I got this for $3.98 today..anyone play it?

It's a good action adventure detective game. It has a very linear story and isn't a open world game with side quests to do or free roam.

It's not like RDR or GTA games.

And they are remastering and re releasing it for PS4, XB1, and the Nintendo Switch this November:

bb974747a76dd592892736c9fbbe66c8d82eb215.jpg

The game had a very troubled and delayed release originally. R* came on late in the development of the game and basically saved it. The main dev for the game Team Bondi is now out of business.

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

ar3Lk.gif

It's one of the best games I've ever played. Def is godly. I can still play it to this day and have the same amazing experience as when I first played it.

Yeah I have RDR 1 GOTY edition on XB1 and I also have the GTA PS2 era games ( GTA III, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas) for PS4.

RDR is the one that still holds up overall for just the game experience and actually keeps me interested enough to keep playing it. GTA San Andreas I honestly feel R* started slippin a little bit. The reason I say that is because me playing it back when it first came out in 2004 on PS2 and even today when I play it on PS4 with trophy support. The game is just boring and the missions are so repetitive. I seriously get done after doing the countryside missions and CJ makes it to the San Fierro and after that I just don't want to continue anymore.The RPG elements they put into the game like eating, weight lifting, getting tat, the mini games like low riding, dancing, betting on horses is cool but just doesn't feel right in a GTA game. Yeah the soundtrack for San Andreas is still tight with the 90's era rap, hip hop, new jack swing, and rock music.

GTA III & GTA Vice City still also hold up today where I'm able to play through them and beat the main storyline.

Yeah I have RDR 1 GOTY edition on XB1 and I also have the GTA PS2 era games ( GTA III, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas) for PS4.

RDR is the one that still holds up overall for just the game experience and actually keeps me interested enough to keep playing it. GTA San Andreas I honestly feel R* started slippin a little bit. The reason I say that is because me playing it back when it first came out in 2004 on PS2 and even today when I play it on PS4 with trophy support. The game is just boring and the missions are so repetitive. I seriously get done after doing the countryside missions and CJ makes it to the San Fierro and after that I just don't want to continue anymore.The RPG elements they put into the game like eating, weight lifting, getting tat, the mini games like low riding, dancing, betting on horses is cool but just doesn't feel right in a GTA game. Yeah the soundtrack for San Andreas is still tight with the 90's era rap, hip hop, new jack swing, and rock music.

GTA III & GTA Vice City still also hold up today where I'm able to play through them and beat the main storyline.

Story wise, nothing touches RDR and GTA IV IMO, both are excellent and are still playable today for me. I agree with you about the repetitive nature of San Andreas, but the characters and my love of that time period make it one of my favorites.

Really the only Rockstar game I can't pick up and enjoy is GTA V. The story does absolutely nothing for me

Interesting.

I thought they would continue with the story of the Marston family, but they're going in a whole new direction.

Interesting.

I thought they would continue with the story of the Marston family, but they're going in a whole new direction.

First I was mad at that but then I realized the franchise is going to be like GTA.. There will be a red dead redemption 3 (imo)

Back
Top Bottom