Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
Van Horn has a cool lil cut where you can shoot it out and live if you wanna stack bodies. As I noticed while playing van horn, they have no law enforcement. Also in the southern parts you will get picked on more then normal. They have the hounds with the hunters etc etc

Looked up and I’m only 11% complete :lol:
Anyone else do the mission with Kieran and didn’t have the throwing knives?

Catching a perfect bird carcas is tough AF. You can’t track birds, they just fly out at random. You have like .5 seconds to pull out your bow and make sure you have small game arrows packed. I was aiming at the sky going full speed on Atreyu and I fell off a cliff *DEAD*

I just want them damn outfit upgrades Bros

Catching a perfect bird carcas is tough AF. You can’t track birds, they just fly out at random. You have like .5 seconds to pull out your bow and make sure you have small game arrows packed. I was aiming at the sky going full speed on Atreyu and I fell off a cliff *DEAD*

I just want them damn outfit upgrades Bros
Varmint rifles work as well for most birds. A lot more convenient than using a bow.
Be sure to check your compendium for animals rather than just inspecting them when you're aiming at them. Sometimes the compendium shows more options to get a clean kill than what it shows if you're just inspecting. There were at least a few animals where inspection only mentioned a bow for a clean kill but in the compendium it turned out I could use a rifle too.

Finally got the damn cougar and picked up the Legend Of The East satchel. Definitely wasn't expecting this much of an upgrade though, it's absolutely worth the time. I can carry 99 of all items now and I've barely done any story missions since getting to Chapter 2.

Looked up and I’m only 11% complete :lol:
Anyone else do the mission with Kieran and didn’t have the throwing knives?

yeah i did i figured it was a bug....the last time i played a john mission didnt load up he was just sitting by the fire and i couldnt talk to him. there was nothing else to do lol gonna try it out today.

Man the first time I had everclear it was mixed in some jungle juice at a college party ... No lie by the end of the night I was blind and making out with some girl :lol:

When I saw the girl the next day :smh:

Varmint rifles work as well for most birds. A lot more convenient than using a bow.
Be sure to check your compendium for animals rather than just inspecting them when you're aiming at them. Sometimes the compendium shows more options to get a clean kill than what it shows if you're just inspecting. There were at least a few animals where inspection only mentioned a bow for a clean kill but in the compendium it turned out I could use a rifle too.

Finally got the damn cougar and picked up the Legend Of The East satchel. Definitely wasn't expecting this much of an upgrade though, it's absolutely worth the time. I can carry 99 of all items now and I've barely done any story missions since getting to Chapter 2.

How did you get near the cougar without doing chapter 2 stuff. Isn’t he in black water territory? I tried to search for him but I got gunned down when I got into “dead or alive” territory. I figured I couldn’t go there until i unlocked more of the missions

Nothing too much to report from me
I literally hunted and fished for 3 hours, tried to nail down the crafting requirements for things, but it got to be too much:lol:
Usually I'll play a string of huge missions and then just hit the hunting, fishing, random strangers, bounty hunting, playing poker,blackjack,bones

While hunting I ran into my first gang camp, I was seriously startled. It's crazy how this game just doesn't let you chill and relax, truly living that outlaw life vicariously. like in Skyrim, there are dead spots all over, this game, I could go over the same bridge 3 times no problem, on the 4th time, some rangers, O' Driscolls, or Bounty hunters will be like "We see you like this bridge a lot."

Right now I'm at a poker table in Saint Denis bent on being the last man standing, started with 6, went down to 2 people then some new guy joined. I was up $22, now I'm only up $15. Gotta learn to fold early, and not let the computer bait me.

Then I think I'm going full throttle to chapter 5, because Bronte does need to pay

How did you get near the cougar without doing chapter 2 stuff. Isn’t he in black water territory? I tried to search for him but I got gunned down when I got into “dead or alive” territory. I figured I couldn’t go there until i unlocked more of the missions
It took me a long time but I managed to finally encounter a pristine cougar in this location, a bit north-west of the Blackwater area. Basically just roam around that red area on the map. I think the cougars are more common in the evening/night as well.
There's a trapper in that same area as well so you can drop off pelts there from other animals while you hunt. I came across some wolves, boars and coyotes there during the hunt. Took quite a while to find a cougar though, even with potent predator bait.

b7b535aaf23efeabbcfc83d01708a86f.png

394d8fe82068115738b1a1ede6f91be5.png

I have not gotten into hunting at all but it seems pretty deep. Going to take my time. Started over without the bars so going to try to enjoy it more this go round.

Murfree Brood dudes caught me slipping again :smh:
I heard a call for help in the distance and went a bit closer to check it out. Turns out one of them Murfree Brood dudes was hiding behind a rock witth a shotgun.
Blasted me in one hit as soon as I passed that rock :smh::lol:

So I’m stuck in pretty sure. Need to deliver a letter at the post office but it’s got a lock next to it and no one is there. It’s not closed either cause it’s midday.

Kill cams are so rewarding. Love those random moments when your just riding the trail and suddenly somebody tries to rob you. I don’t even let them talk. Put that thang in dead eye and go to work.

Hog tied the vampire and rode all over the place trying to figure out how to kill him. Just threw him off a mountain then took his knife then burned him with a molotov lol

Was riding to micah to rob the stagecoach. Lumberjacks were cutting down trees, tree fell on a dude leg. I help him then the boss pretty much fired him lol

Vampires yo?? Damn. I found s pretty cool gold mine that had a dude with a knife in his back. Knife was an upgrade and I found a gold nugget. Also, a mining hat with a dope light on the front so you can see in the dark but also hold your guns while riding :pimp:

When the gang ran up on the Brathwaites in search of jack, that was fun

Knew that O'Driscoll meet was going to be some ****ery, I thought Micah was setting us up

Nothing too much to report from me
While hunting I ran into my first gang camp, I was seriously startled. It's crazy how this game just doesn't let you chill and relax, truly living that outlaw life vicariously. like in Skyrim, there are dead spots all over, this game, I could go over the same bridge 3 times no problem, on the 4th time, some rangers, O' Driscolls, or Bounty hunters will be like "We see you like this bridge a lot."

i forgot what mission i was doing but i use the waypoint and had my horse on autopilot... went to go use the bathroom and came back and i got robbed at the bridge... i shot them all up but ended up dying since i got shot also and didnt restore my energy in time... i was heated... next time ill be ready with the updated rifles

God damn. So you can’t get those last 3 legendary animals until you can get into black water.....which is......after you’ve beat the game. Not cool. I wanted to put off the missions until I’d finished hunting

Back
Top Bottom