Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

I couldn't pass on Swingman's any longer, best new colorway I've seen on a in a long time. I can't stop looking at my feet...

Regret passing on swingmans now
ohwell.gif

I like the swingmans a lot but I still think the dunkmans are the best of the 3/2 releases. Only a couple more days hopefully until the SLH are in my hands!

1. Bangs 2. China 3. SLH

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

I like the swingmans a lot but I still think the dunkmans are the best of the 3/2 releases.

x2

DMs>SMs>......................................................Mangos

Originally Posted by UHaveNoSole

The elites are very dope but can anyone justify the 250 price tag?

I can, if you can justify why people would spend more then $10 for a scarf or handkerchief that has Burberry or Louis voutton print on it. Or more than $20 for a YSL print t-shirt?

Hat I forgot I had from last year, wore it yesterday with my dunkmans after having a change of heart on returning them.

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

As a big fan of LeBron, I'm not coppin ANY elites TILL he gets to the finals.

I need some history in my shoes.
Shouldn't you buy shoes because they look nice to you?

Originally Posted by BigTy23

I couldn't pass on Swingman's any longer, best new colorway I've seen on a in a long time. I can't stop looking at my feet...

Definitely. I unds'd mine yesterday and that's all I could do.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

I think 10 yrs from now, Lebrons will be the new Jordans. Let bron get a couple rings under his belt, the shoe line will be unstopable
 i think 5 years from now, if not sooner, Lebrons should be retroed and will be the next "it" sneaker from Nike.

But I dont want to think what the prices would be.

And with what Nike is paying Lebron, he will have his own version of Jordan Brand.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Kobes will be the next 'Jordans' before Lebron, because Kobe is more iconic. He has won rings, and MVP, ASG MVP's etc. He has the stats to be up there with Jordan, and his following is bigger than Lebrons. Kobe is more worldwide, has a bigger market in China too.

People are still not going out and buying Lebrons in groves like Jordans. It's a small following, a small Market for Lebrons. Nike would have to release multiple pairs of SB like Lebrons every year to even garner any 'Jordan' like attention. Also lets be honest, Lebron have only sold well because of the 'limited' tag. If all his shoes were dubbed GRs, they would sit or be easy attainable. 

To be honest, I'm pretty sure Lebrons are only popular in certains parts of the country, IE: Ohio, Miami, maybe smaller places in Chi, NY, FL etc. I'm in LA, I rarely see anybody wear Lebrons, RARELY. Out here you either rock Jordans or Kobes on court, period. In the OC, it's the same, Kobe or Jordans. When I got to Vegas, it's all Jordans. I even have people shocked to see me in my Lebrons. When I go to the gym, people laugh (mostly my boys) only cuz Lebrons aint worth wearing, @%*$% aint %@%@ they say. A lot of dudes at the gym rock nothing but Kobes, Jordan and D.Rose too. 

Lebron has a looooong time, (prob Lebron 15, 16 or higher) before he can even catch Jordan status, and even than, he's gotta win rings, MULTIPLE.

10 years from now you think if Nike released a Swingman or Dunkman Retro people will go nuts? Those shoes are STILL sitting in some stores right now. No Lebrons (unless its an SB like colorway or value) is gonna touch Cement IVs, Black IVs, Grapes, Concords, Bred XIs, Playoffs, CG XI or IVs and the list goes on. While most of you Lebron fans won't agree with me, it's not rocket science to see most people are still not on the Lebron 9 bandwagon, or even Lebrons bandwagon for that matter.
Um, I think you may be a little biased since you live in LA. I much prefer Lebrons, but my preference may also be considered biased because I'm from Miami.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by MrDozo

I think 10 yrs from now, Lebrons will be the new Jordans. Let bron get a couple rings under his belt, the shoe line will be unstopable
 i think 5 years from now, if not sooner, Lebrons should be retroed and will be the next "it" sneaker from Nike.

But I dont want to think what the prices would be.

And with what Nike is paying Lebron, he will have his own version of Jordan Brand.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Kobes will be the next 'Jordans' before Lebron, because Kobe is more iconic. He has won rings, and MVP, ASG MVP's etc. He has the stats to be up there with Jordan, and his following is bigger than Lebrons. Kobe is more worldwide, has a bigger market in China too.

People are still not going out and buying Lebrons in groves like Jordans. It's a small following, a small Market for Lebrons. Nike would have to release multiple pairs of SB like Lebrons every year to even garner any 'Jordan' like attention. Also lets be honest, Lebron have only sold well because of the 'limited' tag. If all his shoes were dubbed GRs, they would sit or be easy attainable. 

To be honest, I'm pretty sure Lebrons are only popular in certains parts of the country, IE: Ohio, Miami, maybe smaller places in Chi, NY, FL etc. I'm in LA, I rarely see anybody wear Lebrons, RARELY. Out here you either rock Jordans or Kobes on court, period. In the OC, it's the same, Kobe or Jordans. When I got to Vegas, it's all Jordans. I even have people shocked to see me in my Lebrons. When I go to the gym, people laugh (mostly my boys) only cuz Lebrons aint worth wearing, @%*$% aint %@%@ they say. A lot of dudes at the gym rock nothing but Kobes, Jordan and D.Rose too. 

Lebron has a looooong time, (prob Lebron 15, 16 or higher) before he can even catch Jordan status, and even than, he's gotta win rings, MULTIPLE.

10 years from now you think if Nike released a Swingman or Dunkman Retro people will go nuts? Those shoes are STILL sitting in some stores right now. No Lebrons (unless its an SB like colorway or value) is gonna touch Cement IVs, Black IVs, Grapes, Concords, Bred XIs, Playoffs, CG XI or IVs and the list goes on. While most of you Lebron fans won't agree with me, it's not rocket science to see most people are still not on the Lebron 9 bandwagon, or even Lebrons bandwagon for that matter.
Um, I think you may be a little biased since you live in LA. I much prefer Lebrons, but my preference may also be considered biased because I'm from Miami.

I honestly wonder if the lebron line will get to the point where it doesnt have a Nike logo. That would be the first sign that lebrons have grown enough to become their own brand.

Originally Posted by HEADdetective

Mangos > Swingmans

tired.gif

its been awhile since someones opinion has peeved me
laugh.gif

anyway wore swingmans for st. pattys day festivites... usually i bang with the more subdued colorways of nice kicks but cant even front havin almost litterally everyone u encounter mirin ur feet is
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
dudes askin me if id be upset if they copped a pair. more affirmation that Js are overrated and the quality is getting to the point that Id rather have fresh Kobes, Lebrons, foams, etc. then some 3rd world quality nostalgia.
30t6p3b.gif

^^ Yeah, I prefer lebrons myself over kobes. And I don't think the dude who was saying that lebron's line is the next "it" sneaker was saying that it was in any way going to be comparable to jordan's. I mean, let's face it. There will never be another jordan, as a player or in terms of sneakers/marketing. But especially starting with the VIIs, it seems like the lbj line has evolved from being just an on court performance shoe to the point that lebron has distinguished itself from other nike signature releases.

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

And all of this Lebron has to win MULTIPLE rings for his shoes to be succesful is crazy. For his career yes he has to win multiples but arguably two of nikes best selling shoes out right now are Ken Griffey retro shoes and Penny Hardaway retro sneakers. Neither player won a ring in their respective sports but that's not stopping people from buying their shoes. Barkley's are selling good but no rings. Shoes and career are very different. People have shown they'll buy what looks good if they aren't a fan and fans have shown they'll buy whatever even if it's ugly if they are a fan.
Exactly. At the end of the day, shoes have to look very nice to be considered great, regardless of how the player does.

Originally Posted by ArmorRig

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

THIS 
lbj-9-elite-home-602x438.jpg

reminds me of....

whiteranger2.jpg

and this

air-jordan-11-xi-retro-defining-moments-package-dmp-white-metallic-gold-black-1.jpg

All cool %!$@
pimp.gif

nothing wrong with the...is that the white ranger? either way, I love those concords and the LJ elite homes do remind me of that dmp xi...

LJ elite homes, KB Elite Aways for me....

laugh.gif
 @ 23MC

and yes armor it is the white ranger

Back
Top Bottom