Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Never heard it called a check either. Others probably never heard of "hella" either. Depends on your region i guess. The word has different meanings it can get confusing. I call it swoosh but if others want to call it check I don't have a problem. It's both relative.

sick collection sneakerman and you're not even done yet. :wow:

2 pairs of shoes for 1? C'mon son.

That DMP pack was also made in an era when JB actually had some semblance of quality.

This is not the first time Nike has thrown a backwards swoosh on a sneaker. It's been done twice before. I forgot which shoes.
Also, The OG Jordan Xs had backwards Jumpmans. It's not a mistake. Intentional cosmetic design.

Nike air Darwins both high and low had the backwards swoosh. Those were 1 of the first sneakers I believe to have it backwards, reversed.

by they way, the red elites are :smokin

http://nikeinc.com/news/unveiling-the-lebron-9-championship-pack

"Nike Basketball pays tribute to LeBron James and his first championship with a limited edition footwear pack launching August 11. Designed to the specifications of James and his multi-dimensional game, the LEBRON 9 is the first Nike Basketball shoe to combine Flywire technology and Hyperfuse construction in the upper.

Worn by James the first game after being awarded the 2012 MVP Award, the LEBRON 9 MVP features striking team colors. A gradient fade from red to black with yellow detailing comprise the upper, while details including an MVP graphic on the heel and trophies printed on the sockliner mark the award.

The LEBRON 9 PS Elite was worn by James in game one of the 2012 Finals and is featured in this red and black colorway. With a midfoot harness that wraps around the foot, the shoe also incorporates Flywire technology for strength and lock down support. The finely-tuned midsole provides a unique hybrid cushioning system by combining Max Air 180 in the heel for absorption on impact with a Nike Zoom unit in the forefoot for a springy response.

The two shoes will be sold as a pack and will be available in very limited quantities across North America and China"

from nike,inc... so it's gotta have SOME merit.

^ Since it says "across North America," I hope some more stores will getting them
nerd.gif

2 pairs of shoes for 1? C'mon son.
That DMP pack was also made in an era when JB actually had some semblance of quality.

It's true, but I have grown tired of Jordan shoes, so giving those up won't really matter, since I have 2 DMP packs anyway

I haven't been on here for awhile, will someone tell me where in the world happend to all of the pics of the all of the colorways?! The last OP, did the CORRECT thing and kept the first page updated with ALL the colorways! Now we just have pics of shoes that NEVER released and of two colorways on the first page. So whats the deal?!

Sooooo um those Liverpool joints that drop on the first of September who's got some info for me ?

Who refers to it as a Nike check?  I've never heard it every in my life called a Nike check.  :smh:
The official name is "swoosh", however back when I was younger, we called the kicks with the smaller swoosh a "Nike check". With that said both terms are correct, but the official name is "swoosh". Period.

Usually people who don't really know shoes that call it a check.

I know, somehow I didn't use the quote function correctly. I just did what like I did with the old niketalk, but it looks like what I was quoting (responding to), came up as if I said it. My part actually starts with the second sentence. Lol!

What's the difference between the shoe on the left and the nike sign you posted? Rotate the top pic just a bit and they are exactly the same.

Not the first time Nike has done a backwards swoosh. They have done this on mulitple pairs of shoes, plus since this is new to many of you, it brings even more attention to the Lebrons to make them stand out.

I am perceiving that these will drop separately and that will be great...

since I only have eyes :nerd: for the elites..

if I can get a pack at size 11.5 I would do that for 450.00 on NDC

So far...zero packs from china. We haven't seen the last of the champ packs...how many more is the real question.

anyone think this is a good trade?
Jordan DMP 11/6 pack, for Lebron 9 Red Finals? Straight Up?

Because you have two Defining Moment packs, and because you're a very big LeBron fan, I would say YES, that's a good trade for you.......assuming Nike doesn't release any more Championship Elites.

I'm shocked that people really don't know that the swoosh is at times referred to as the nike check or nike checkmark.
a simple search in google or even google images goes a long way. I didn't just make this up. :lol:

http://www.google.com/search?q=nike...xOOHg6wHc9YDAAg&ved=0CFEQsAQ&biw=1329&***=706

Back
Top Bottom