Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the black pair revealed today are the "Carbons" and not "Black Diamonds"

http://counterkicks.com/2012/09/exclusive-its-lebron-x-carbon-not-black-diamond-or-blackout/

If that's the case, I wonder if they're two black based CWs of the LeBron X releasing or did Nike just switch the name of the Black Diamonds

We'll release the full story inspiration behind the "Crown Jewel" aka Fireberry soon too. That one has a great storyline, comes in special packaging, etc. Little surprised to see Nike LA/LVS/NYC carrying it this weekend already. Maybe it gets distro other Nike store locations in weeks ahead but Crown Jewel is very limited production so will be interested to see where they all end up. USA's will be out there either this or next weekend at many locations too. Not sure if LVS for example will only have Crown Jewel this weekend and USA next, maybe someone from that area can find that out.

Last edited:
Apparently the black pair revealed today are the "Carbons" and not "Black Diamonds"

http://counterkicks.com/2012/09/exclusive-its-lebron-x-carbon-not-black-diamond-or-blackout/

If that's the case, I wonder if they're two black based CWs of the LeBron X releasing or did Nike just switch the name of the Black Diamonds

I should also note one more thing if it wasn't clear: the body color on this shoe has a carbon inspired finish, so it's not exactly black, but of course anyone from a distance will refer to it that way. You all on here know the real Carbon story now though...

I should also note one more thing if it wasn't clear: the body color on this shoe has a carbon inspired finish, so it's not exactly black, but of course anyone from a distance will refer to it that way. You all on here know the real Carbon story now though...

Thanks man......I like the inspiration for the shoe, including the C6 explanation. I think they should push the diamond/rock theme as much as possible. But I'm still waiting until they come down in price though!

Thanks man......I like the inspiration for the shoe, including the C6 explanation. I think they should push the diamond/rock theme as much as possible. But I'm still waiting until they come down in price though!

Np, and they are. Lots more colorway stories yet to be seen which we'll fully reveal soon. Some great ones coming. We'll get you all taken care of on the Crown Jewel next though since Nike moved up that initial drop launch this weekend. I believe the Crown Jewel comes in a special edition box packaging too, which the other Nike+ versions don't come in. USAs had custom box. Others are the same I think. Crown Jewels are nice once you get the full look and not the two pics only out so far.

SO where are the Fireberry's releasing

"Crown Jewels" aka Fireberry's look like they'll be releasing Nike Las Vegas, Nike Los Angeles, and Nike NYC this Saturday. You need to go on their respective Twitter pages to RSVP the shoes tomorrow though. Crown Jewels are a limited production release so if you want them that might be your best shot. They might release other locations in coming weeks but these are all the confirmed ones we know of right now.

Just like i said in my previous post.
laugh.gif

Consumer today are sheep

That's why most of the time you see all these non tech people with iphone 4 and soon the 5. Like they really be making apps or program on it. lol No they just want to buy an iphone because it's an iphone.

That's why they say America is land of opportunity. It's the best place where you can take advantage of so many simple minded consumer and make $ off it.

Only in America where you find regular people who would be ok to pay $300 for a simple device like Beat headphone lol.
I assume this means all consumers of sneakers should wear payless and carry flip phones.

Ignore the newest tech or gadget that they like.

Maybe even drive a hoop because Nice is not anything to want.

Bruh. I grew up booty poor and want good things for my kids.  I give them what I didnt have and because I work hard for my money in all I do.. Dont I get to spend MY money on what I want?

Everyone has a reason for buying a shoe, a car, a phone, a pair of jeans or whatever that is over priced... but lets not be fooled.

The same pair of kicks that cost  $20 bucks to make wholesale by Nike New Balance and Adi is the same those same Companies are selling for $60 $140 and $270 because they can.

If Adi and Payless could sell a $270 shoe..... they would.

I wouldnt... and wont.. but then I dont have to.  but where it does pertain to me.... in a house, a suit, or any luxury item... who's to tell me Im sheep for buying it because I like it.

I still shop at TJ Maxx Ross and Marshall's but can spoil myself with nice crap too and not think twice...

Because I can.   I let the youngins live.. just like they let me live.  Why are so many others concerned with what others do with their chips is crazy to me. lol

Worse than government I tell ya lol

I think the Crown Jewel's are pretty dull.

The only two photos out don't play up the story as well as it could be. Don't worry though, there's brighter combos once we get past this first wave of launch styles that I think a lot of people will like. Don't get your hopes up too high for now on a certain highly hyped colorway we've seen in the past though...

The only two photos out don't play up the story as well as it could be. Don't worry though, there's brighter combos once we get past this first wave of launch styles that I think a lot of people will like. Don't get your hopes up too high for now on a certain highly hyped colorway we've seen in the past though...
So you're implying that the south beach color way is either. It dropping or it's not the same color scheme we are used 2? Hmmm

Not a fan of the South Beaches anyway. If that's what you mean.

Np, and they are. Lots more colorway stories yet to be seen which we'll fully reveal soon. Some great ones coming. We'll get you all taken care of on the Crown Jewel next though since Nike moved up that initial drop launch this weekend. I believe the Crown Jewel comes in a special edition box packaging too, which the other Nike+ versions don't come in. USAs had custom box. Others are the same I think. Crown Jewels are nice once you get the full look and not the two pics only out so far.

I feel the story concept for colorways is both corny and an attempt to create hype with nicknames, seems like they are trying to hype up the annual all black colorway with the carbon story, I liked when the colorways were based on school colors, thanks for the info tho

Last edited:
I feel the story concept for colorways is both corny and an attempt to create hype with nicknames, seems like they are trying to hype up the annual all black colorway with the carbon story, I liked when the colorways were based on school colors, thanks for the info tho

Have to concur with this - what happened to just dropping a simple colourway on a clean design and leaving it at that? Now they push 'stories', 'hype' and 'nicknames' to move subpar designs when the onus should be entirely on the design. However they've ran with stores in the past - started with the 'Chamber of Fear' on the IIs and they really tried it hard with the family of 'Lebrons' for the IIIs. Didn't see too much of it on the IVs and Vs though.

So whats the release date for the Cutting Jades? And is retail 180? Haven't been keeping up with the thread, apologies. :smh:

Agreed. But kids today in general desire these "loud/flashy" colors. It's like if you want to sell a shoe today make sure there are at least a couple releases that are these types of colors to mix in with the more traditional colorways to ensure hype, transactions, etc. Just look at the elite socks, what are these kids going gaga over? the volts, BCAs, HOH exclusives with the all over designs, etc. Even college uniforms are taking note of how to recruit these kids today. The palette of today's consumer is vastly different than give or take 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Don't mind if there isn't a South Beach c/w in this series. Sometimes you have to give these themes a rest.

I really want to see these in person and on feet before I really make a decision but right now nothing is pulling me towards them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom