Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't care. :lol: Liked him for his skills and what he brought onto the court. Enjoy listening to him when he's analyzing NBA games., If he's not that dude to you then so be it. Back to regularly scheduled program.

Just my $0.02 on the "Nike cutting into the Resellers by raising prices" argument but I personally feel this could be achieved by increasing supply rather than price. Ultimately, there are people out there that if they want something bad enough, they'll pay the asking price. This favors the resellers because they will always have a home for their product.

However, if Nike made more of their products available, resellers could still snatch up a lot of pairs and mark the price up but it wouldn't matter because regular peeps would still be able to walk into a store and cop the exact same pair they wanted for retail.

I'm speaking in generalities of course but I really believe that Supply is the greater solution to the Price formula. Again, this pertains to the "Nike cutting in" theory. Thoughts??

Just my $0.02 on the "Nike cutting into the Resellers by raising prices" argument but I personally feel this could be achieved by increasing supply rather than price. Ultimately, there are people out there that if they want something bad enough, they'll pay the asking price. This favors the resellers because they will always have a home for their product.
However, if Nike made more of their products available, resellers could still snatch up a lot of pairs and mark the price up but it wouldn't matter because regular peeps would still be able to walk into a store and cop the exact same pair they wanted for retail.
I'm speaking in generalities of course but I really believe that Supply is the greater solution to the Price formula. Again, this pertains to the "Nike cutting in" theory. Thoughts??

But then you're cutting into profit margins to spite resellers, which in Nike's view are nothing more than consumers. The more you make the more you spend on production, the higher chance you saturate the market and your product hits sale prices. Don't think the Supply argument is as favorable to Nike as it is to the consumer...

I think the only solution is Nike taking preorders to get an approximate demand of the shoe as not to over produce but get enough out there to fulfill demand...

Last edited:
If increase the supply, there will be less demand which means people wont be in a rush to buy the product as opposed to it selling out instantly. Which means less profit per shoe. To increase the profit per shoe and cut into reselling, they just raised price.

But then you're cutting into profit margins to spite resellers, which in Nike's view are nothing more than consumers. The more you make the more you spend on production, the higher chance you saturate the market and your product hits sale prices. Don't think the Supply argument is as favorable to Nike as it is to the consumer...
I think the only solution is Nike taking preorders to get an approximate demand of the shoe as not to over produce but get enough out there to fulfill demand...

Very good points but at these levels of production, economies of scale override the impact of producing another ten thousand pairs or so. Yes, more production would result in greater inventory numbers/cost but they wouldn't be exponentially higher. Per unit they would go down actually.

And with regards to saturating the market, I'm sure the big ups in nike marketing would have a pretty good handle on what the market would bear from a supply stand point. It's inevitable that some lines or colorways won't sell the same as the popular ones but that's why Nike has Outlet Stores. They're making money any way you look at it. Why not cut into the reseller market and make your customer happy at the same time?

If increase the supply, there will be less demand which means people wont be in a rush to buy the product as opposed to it selling out instantly. Which means less profit per shoe. To increase the profit per shoe and cut into reselling, they just raised price.

We're talking about the Sig releases here and not just a regular Nike running shoe. Any of the popular sigs that have dropped recently have all sold out online within minutes. You think producing a few thousand more pairs would make them undesirable? And to be clear, I'm not suggesting Nike increase production by another 200-300 thousand pairs.....just enough to keep some of the front line customers happy.

Very good points but at these levels of production, economies of scale override the impact of producing another ten thousand pairs or so. Yes, more production would result in greater inventory numbers/cost but they wouldn't be exponentially higher. Per unit they would go down actually.
And with regards to saturating the market, I'm sure the big ups in nike marketing would have a pretty good handle on what the market would bear from a supply stand point. It's inevitable that some lines or colorways won't sell the same as the popular ones but that's why Nike has Outlet Stores. They're making money any way you look at it. Why not cut into the reseller market and make your customer happy at the same time?

I'm sure at this point Nike has found that sweet spot for price, quantity, and demand. They'll sit on their hands until something so drastic happens that they look like super heroes by making a small change making them endearing to consumers again.

Last year Nike did the pre-order for the bred IXs. Really pointless to do that with a GR. I'd like to see it done on a hyped colorway for a change then see how that'll go.

We're talking about the Sig releases here and not just a regular Nike running shoe. Any of the popular sigs that have dropped recently have all sold out online within minutes. You think producing a few thousand more pairs would make them undesirable? And to be clear, I'm not suggesting Nike increase production by another 200-300 thousand pairs.....just enough to keep some of the front line customers happy.
you must be talking about popular cw Sig shoes because all cw's dont sell out instantly.

I'm sure at this point Nike has found that sweet spot for price, quantity, and demand. They'll sit on their hands until something so drastic happens that they look like super heroes by making a small change making them endearing to consumers again.
I was thinking the same thing, im quite sure they optimized whatever equation have that calculates profit and they are going to stick with it.

New pics courtesy of Sneakernews.com...

These look sexy! But for $310 tho....smh

These might be the only Lebron 10s i may cop. Im slowing down on all this shoe ish anyway.

That lacelock is too dope. That Gold Medal+ edition sure looks premium, but is it worth the 290/315 price tag?

Of course not, but no one's forcing you to buy them.

I guess you haven't heard of doing your research, then using common sense. I respect information, even coming from a kid, if it is well researched and then proven to be accurate, unlike the information that you are currently spouting. 

Here is the real reason that Nike has increased their pricing.

The price leaps come after Nike's gross margins dropped to 42.8% from 44.3% in its most recent quarter ending May 31, the sixth-straight year-to-year quarterly decline. 

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nikes-lebron-sneakers-test-300-000400159.html

They want people like you to believe that it has everything to do with inflation, when other companies in the same business have not made such drastic increases in their pricing. Nike knows that children, the followers such as yourself, will defend something as unnecessary as a three hundred fifteen dollar shoe, due to the fact that it will make you feel special.

They bank on your insecurity.

So again, since this is supposedly a performance shoe, after you buy them, come back and tell us how they improve your game.
performance shoes don't get you to play better, just like anew car doesn't help you drive better? How many times do I have to correct you? Should you be in the Adidas forum talking about the drose2s?

Last edited:
The reality is that as much as you dudes in here cry and cry...you will all (well most of you anyway) be lined up with Credit Cards in hand ready to gubble these things up....regardless of the price....

You wanna know how I know??? Cause as long as there is a NT...as long as there is a WDYWT.....as long as there is a PICKUP Thread.....as long as there is an Instagram....Dudes will always clamor to be first...to be number one....to show what they got....

Put this on your mind for a minute (cause it truely feels like Groundhog Day)...A year ago....we had this fight in the 9 thread...dudes was crying about the price...crying about the Elites and the $250 price point....EVERYONE said HELL NO...Nike aint raping me....Ya..da..Ya...da...Ya....Nike was like okay..no prob...Drops the most proven colorway...Nike MV/SB in the $250 range to see who really got stamina to hold out....Make it even better then made them WAYYYYYYY more limited then the Taxis, which BRICKED out, Can STILL be had at RETAIL MONTHS later, and were even DISCOUNTED ON SWOOSH, so we have an instant sell out...and what happens..not only did cats line up, buy extra routers...use there girls twitter accounts to RSVP, they were gone before they hit the sales floor...even the RESTOCK was beasted over....So Nike is STDH like...yea...who said $250 was too much....

Trust..9 months from now...when you people see the SB (oh and BTW they are + and they are Bananas) you will ALL be beasting.....

The sad fact is..like I said before...most of you cats only pick up for the PICKUP thread...or to be the next Sneekgeekz or the next Franlations....How many sneakers can you cop..then instantly forget about as soon as the next hot thing drops...How Many MV are sitting in the boxes cause the Yeezys dropped....How many Yeezy's will be sitting in the Box (if) when the new color way of the Yeezy drops??? How many Lebron X will be sitting when the BRED 11's drop???? Its endless....Cause there are too many dudes that gotta have E-Props...To Many people that dont even care about kicks but thirst to have people on there tip....Gotta rock them to the mall so everyone knows was sup....

Ill stop this rant here by saying...I love kicks...I've loved kicks since I was 13...I been collecting for well over 24 years now...Ive slowed down over the years cause honestly...it just aint that serious any more....Yea I have the Yeezy's...copped at retail...and honestly they wasnt worth it...I got sucked in cause the 1st ones were incredible in EVERYWAY...these were just about the hype...Did I get the 9 MV's...nope...colorway didnt do anything for me....and I honestly didnt know where the extra $70 was going....Will I cop the X's....nope....Dude I got babies...I got a mortgage...got Three car payments...Private School...and a host of other Grownup bills to pay....So nah im good....

I leave with this...People need to start being honest with themselves....if you like and can afford it...go for it....dont just throw money away cause of the next man....If you believe the money is worth it...do you homie...and dont let anyone force you into either believing or not believing its worth it....

But while you guys are arguing...im searching ebay for some Vintage NB for $40 bucks....

EDIT...First post on the "new" NT...what happened to my post count??

Last edited:
when or where did these release. My nephew wants a pair for his bday/going back to school so if they're set to release in sept, I can start putting in work to get him a 7.

My sister says she might have to start camping out in front of the computer because his 7 is usually the first to be sold out around her parts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom