Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corks really look good on foot. That LeBron pic with them on looks really nice.

The leather on the tongue is what I'm talking about. I know a premium leather version wud look amazing if done right.

$180 though? I expect them to be $300 at least

$300 for what reason? The shoe is said by Nike to not be a performance based shoe. Its a collab with NSW with a Nike Basketball signature. I don't see it be more than $180 and in all honesty should be cheaper since it is stated as a non performance shoe.

Leather? if you can call it that. Most Lebron NSW apparel cost a grip so i figure the Corks are in the same price bracket. *shrugs*

If that's halfway decent leather/pleather, then you can bet Nike is going to push the "premium" tag on them and they'll be $200+

Nike has sort of been conditioning us that leather is now a "premium" material, so if they use it on something like the Lebron X it's suddenly a big deal

nike-lebron-x-cork-3.jpg

1] cork (an they are not nike+, $180) 2] carbon/black diamond 3] mango 4] floridians

:smokin

If that's halfway decent leather/pleather, then you can bet Nike is going to push the "premium" tag on them and they'll be $200+
Nike has sort of been conditioning us that leather is now a "premium" material, so if they use it on something like the Lebron X it's suddenly a big deal

No way these will be $180.. I think $250

Oh how that would be insanely capitalistic of Nike to price a shoe that is NOT meant for performance at a higher price point than their TOP performing shoe because they put a 6 inch piece of leather on the tongue and made the upper a sheet layer of Cork...sheet Cork material creases and tears if I'm not mistaken. Please correct me if I'm wrong. NIke might wait to see just how thirsty we get in this thread and make a decision to price it at what y'all predict it according to your thirst instead of a realistic pricing model. :wink:

Only thing I don't like about the Cork X is that white streamline of color I'm assuming it is along the bottom of the upper. It looks like glue to me, which makes the shoe look unfinished....

Last edited:
Oh how that would be insanely capitalistic of Nike to price a shoe that is NOT meant for performance at a higher price point than their TOP performing shoe because they put a 6 inch piece of leather on the tongue and made the upper a sheet layer of Cork...sheet Cork material creases and tears if I'm not mistaken. Please correct me if I'm wrong. NIke might wait to see just how thirsty we get in this thread and make a decision to price it at what y'all predict it according to your thirst instead of a realistic pricing model. :wink:
Just look at the free inneva woven that nike released recently. Recycled material, small amount of leather on a free sole retailing at $200. No way nike gonna let these go for $180 :x :smh:

A December release date, Dec. 31 perhaps? haha

Excellent example Lou39. I liked the Inneva too until I saw the price. :smh:

Last edited:
Does anybody know if Lebron footwear designer Jason Petrie is related to Sacramento Kings team President Geoff Petrie?

Oh how that would be insanely capitalistic of Nike to price a shoe that is NOT meant for performance at a higher price point than their TOP performing shoe because they put a 6 inch piece of leather on the tongue and made the upper a sheet layer of Cork...sheet Cork material creases and tears if I'm not mistaken. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The limited tag, premium materials, and the Nike Sportswear aura of unique, "innovative" style adds up to more $$ than top performance. NSW tries to be "high end" fashion, which is supposedly pricier than high end basketball performance.

Most of us won't agree with that, especially when they're using a basketball performance model as a base. But enough people out there will camp for these that the whole high-end NSW thing will work anyway.

Nike thinking: only basketball players will be attracted to top performance. Everyone will be attracted to high end modern fashion. (is a cork shoe high end modern fashion? IDK but Nike seems to think so)

Just look at the free inneva woven that nike released recently. Recycled material, small amount of leather on a free sole retailing at $200. No way nike gonna let these go for $180 :x :smh:

Last edited:
i could see these being released late december, close to lebron's bday. they released the yeezys the saturday after kanye's bday, so maybe that's how this one might drop. all speculation, no concrete support.

These definitely won't be $180. Whenever Nike/JB adds premium anything (Jordan 3 Flips, Bins, Motorsports) there is a price increase. Lets just hope everybody that wants them are able to cop.

So far, the only colorways that I've liked are the Gold Medals (copped), Cutting Jade (copped), all black joints (like, but will pass cuz I don't need another all black shoe), and now the Corks (will be copped)...

Makes me feel like one of these cornballs (or "hypebeasts", as some of you refer to them) cuz I only like the limited colorways.

It's a coincidence, I swear!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom