[| -- Official Ricky Ross "Deeper Than Rap" Album Thread: Drops April 21st -- |]

Looking forward to the Runner beats.

EDIT:

Valley of Death is
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

The beat is fuego.

I'm trying to hold out..but after seeing that video with Toomp with 9th playing that "valley of the death" beat......
eek.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif

dude.....album is nice yo. like really nice....wasnt really feelin' that neyo track. and trina kinda destroyed a good drumma boy production.... but all inall....it was nice...

Originally Posted by ItWasWritten

Am I the only one who thinks all the songs on this album sound completely the same except for a few. Cigar Music, Magnificent, Rich off Cocaine, Yacht Club, Mafia Music Part 2 and the list goes on. This dude tried too hard to make all the songs laid back, smooth, mafia/boss feel. None of the songs are actually club bangers or whip bangers. Tries too hard to be a mobster in this album and the truth is he isnt and all the songs sound the same. This is by far his weakest album.

Trilla had some awesome songs.
Billionaire, Speedin, All I have in this world, Reppin my city, this is the life...
Officer Ricky is done.

Co-sign. QFT. I agree. You speak the truth. You took the words right out of my mouth.

The songs that sound different are wack...that neyo song? cmon man, sounds like he used an xylophone, one of those we used to play with as kids... besides thejustice league the production was just off... i cant believe some of ya'll like it... and im an objective person too, i have no hate for ross i was a bigfan of trilla and port of miami, this just doesnt deliver to me...

Originally Posted by dreClark

!+$* outta here, that song w/ Dream is terrible. From the hook, to the beat, to everything else in between.

right! i couldnt even get thru a full minute of that track
smh.gif
def. could've done without that track

pretty nice album,,,real laid back like everybody said... only tracks im not really feelin are the one with Trina and the one with Foxy....dont like the hooksreally but beats r nice

Fav tracks right now are Rich off Cocaine, Valley of Death, Lay Back, Usual Suspects

Ross shoulda threw Down South Hustlaz with Buck, Trae, and Bun on this instead of some of the weaker tracks

Good album but after a few spins aint feelin it as much as Trilla

for all the internet thugs on here who was testing ross' gangster all the time...

what can you say now?

you can't rock with the cd because of how 50 got on his head?

well that ain't got nothing on this cd. this album is super solid.

and 50 ain't gonna put out nothing touchin it.

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

for all the internet thugs on here who was testing ross' gangster all the time...

what can you say now?

I'm just not giving my money to a corrections officer turned cocaine kingpin turned everybody's best friend. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by doyung9

what can you say now?

I'm just not giving my money to a corrections officer turned cocaine kingpin turned everybody's best friend. Simple as that.
you sound like the type to really believe rappers "gimmicks", and you found out Ross had an actual legal job and you not riding with himnow
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

what can you say now?

well he's three for three on albums. because he's a rapper now.

who cares about his previous job?

you don't like kanye because he worked at gap either right?

and John Starks suckd at hoop because he used to work at a grocery store.

come to think of it Kurt Warner should give back his MVP trophy because he used to be a front end convenience clerk.

ohwell.gif

what can you say now?

Idk about everything else, but co-sign with the bold.

The hook on "Lay Back" sounds like "Like I Do" w/ the "doo oo oooooo" part
laugh.gif
.....i was trying to figure it out all day and itjust hit me lol

Mafia Music is that crack
pimp.gif

i'm not really feeling the Magnificent track w/ John Legend though
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom