Official Samsung Galaxy S Thread vol. Vibrant, Captivate, Epic, Fascinate

Originally Posted by OnlySomeJordans

I got the Captivate yesterday. Phone is
pimp.gif

For whoever get it and wants to minimize the Touchwiz interface, you can get Launcher Pro in the Android Market.

ADW Launcher >

Originally Posted by biff lawson

i may cop this for the hell of it but i'm concerned about the lack of front facing camera seems to be the wave of the future here in the states now

wait for Bell Mobility Canada to release theres.  it has the front facing camera

http://galaxys.bell.ca/

it'll work if you're with AT&T.  you just have to unlock 

Originally Posted by biff lawson

i may cop this for the hell of it but i'm concerned about the lack of front facing camera seems to be the wave of the future here in the states now

wait for Bell Mobility Canada to release theres.  it has the front facing camera

http://galaxys.bell.ca/

it'll work if you're with AT&T.  you just have to unlock 

[h1]AT&T Samsung Captivate on Sale for $99 (Update: Free!)[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 19-Jul-10 | 11 Comments

front.jpg

If you want the Samsung Captivate (which we reviewed and loved), it'll cost you $199 through AT&T. Or, you can go through Amazon and get it for half the price, $99, if you sign a new contract. Don't know about you, but I'd go for the second option!

(Thanks for the tip, Cody)

Update: As Alex B. points out, the Captivate can be had for free at Walmart. Even better!

[h1]AT&T Samsung Captivate on Sale for $99 (Update: Free!)[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 19-Jul-10 | 11 Comments

front.jpg

If you want the Samsung Captivate (which we reviewed and loved), it'll cost you $199 through AT&T. Or, you can go through Amazon and get it for half the price, $99, if you sign a new contract. Don't know about you, but I'd go for the second option!

(Thanks for the tip, Cody)

Update: As Alex B. points out, the Captivate can be had for free at Walmart. Even better!

I want to go get the vibrant today!! ..but im scared they'll have a random price drop soon
nerd.gif

Just a heads up: Wirefly has their upgrade or new line price at $150..flat out so you don't have to mail in the rebate while tmo is at $200 AFTER the M.I.R.

I want to go get the vibrant today!! ..but im scared they'll have a random price drop soon
nerd.gif

Just a heads up: Wirefly has their upgrade or new line price at $150..flat out so you don't have to mail in the rebate while tmo is at $200 AFTER the M.I.R.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

Can't wait to try out the Galaxy S ROM on my nexus.

pimp.gif

that's a waste IMO.

Sense is what makes Android so great. Without it it's just so, boring.

pimp.gif

that's a waste IMO.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

pimp.gif

that's a waste IMO.

Nah, for me it's the customization that makes Android so great. Sense is cool, but there's nothing wrong with trying out a different ROM.

It fulfills the needs of my inner nerd.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

pimp.gif

that's a waste IMO.

Nah, for me it's the customization that makes Android so great. Sense is cool, but there's nothing wrong with trying out a different ROM.

It fulfills the needs of my inner nerd.

Some cool tips for Captivate owners.

- Swiping the notification bar on top of the screen left or right adjusts the screen brightness.

- For those using TouchWiz and want to change the four icons on the bottom Phone, Email, etc. icons. Go to your App Drawer > Menu Button > Custom Grid, and from there you can drag and drop the icons you want on the bottom four.

Some cool tips for Captivate owners.

- Swiping the notification bar on top of the screen left or right adjusts the screen brightness.

- For those using TouchWiz and want to change the four icons on the bottom Phone, Email, etc. icons. Go to your App Drawer > Menu Button > Custom Grid, and from there you can drag and drop the icons you want on the bottom four.

Back
Top Bottom