:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^ speaking of roster cuts and players in general:

Red,

John Theus: has he been buns and will ultimately end up being cut? or more just a victim of being in a surprisingly "deep" position group battle this year?

Aaron Burbridge: anyone hear anything about him this training camp? can't recall hearing anything about him or seeing him on field this whole summer. how's he practiced/played so far? disclaimer: i haven't been able to keep up with 100% of all the news so maybe I've missed a few things.
i went with burbridge over cajuste over the belief that can burbridge can be a better possession receiver. we have guys with the long distance speed like torrey, and the underneath, short-area quickness guys like d-white and bruce. we need someone that can run the tough underneath routes, attack the ball, and move the chains.

one guy i almost didn't have making the roster is gerald hodges. i almost cut him in favor of willhoite, but gave him the nod simply because he's younger. 

niners still have to make 4 cuts by tuesday. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I haven't seen a single person acting as if Gabbert is going to "save the day". It's about being functional and able to operate within the parameters of the offense.

Last edited:
Jeremy Kerley a Niner. Let's go.

dude is a jitterbug.
Nice. Kerley plays in the slot and has similar skill set to Bruce....Bruce 
nerd.gif

I didn't have Brandon Thomas in my final 53. Figured he'd be cut/traded. I expect more moves. 

Last edited:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD RIDDANCE PEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sucks the Brandon Thomas gamble hasn't/likely won't pay off since I don't see him making roster either. At least out of the "stash this injured talent for future pay-off" draft picks, Tank Carradine looks like he has a great chance to reward us Niner Faithful and Baalke finally.

Edit: wow didn't realize Thomas was traded for Kerley :lol: . Guess at least we got something in return for him.

Really is night and day the difference the o-line from last year. Went from having literal hot trash out there (collectively speaking since Staley still holding it down obviously) to this year where there wasn't enough spots open for a fair amount of talented/high upside guys.

Interesting pickup on Kerley. Also happy seeing Jerome Simpson get the boot. Just saw no reason at all for him being on this roster.

Like the last few posts have intimated, refreshing seeing Chip and staff this year actually making the sensible roster moves that we all knew should go down for most part whereas last year w/ Tomsula, we were just like "what the hell are they doing still keeping this scrub?"

Last edited:
All the sheit talk about the Tomsula era is definitely warranted but that 2015 draft looking like our foundation. I hope damn Pinion can come on also because he was atrocious last year.

Not to mention my dude Tomsula had seen enough of the Kap experimenting and finally let Sunshine shine a little bit.

Last edited:
I don't want to spend more time on this topic that doesn't have anything to do w/ actual football but Kap's National Anthem sitdown not only just a distraction for the team and coaches, it's a distraction for anyone that had any sort of 49ers affiliation with Kap :smh:

Seen Crabtree and Dashon Goldson being asked about this last 2 days.

Jay Glazer reporting, "Kap has a huge uphill battle to make the team"

Looks like I am not the only one who doesn't see him making the final 53. He's going to have to ball out on Thursday to have a chance.
 Glazer: 49ers could release Colin Kaepernick
FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reported Colin Kaepernick faces an "uphill battle" to make the 49ers' roster.

Glazer said he would be "shocked" if Kaepernick lasted the entire season on the 49ers' 53, and suggested Kap "may not even be on (the roster) in the next two weeks." All of Kaepernick's $11.9 million salary is guaranteed, but he has created a toxic situation by refusing to stand for pre-game National Anthems, which is Kaepernick's right but is frowned upon to put it mildly by most observers.

Last edited:
The Broncos' proposed 3rd round pick doesn't sound so bad now in hindsight :lol:

Kap is and has been a lost cause to me so I say dump him. Lost his teammates long time ago and has shown close to zero signs of making any improvements as a QB so no point in keeping him around.

Time to move on.

Damning how a few years from now, we'll look back at his career/time of being relevant as having literally a shooting star trajectory. Crashed and burned so quick. :x

Last edited:
Low key starting to suspect Kaep may have staged the national anthem incident in order to further help him get off the team and is hoping to save the real "competition" for getting a position on another team. 

Kaep seems pretty checked out to me, from today's interview:

"Yes, I'll continue to sit. I'm going to continue to stand with the people that are being oppressed," Kaepernick said during an 18-minute interview session with reporters.

"Things like this break teams apart and we can't let that happen," Navarro Bowman said. 

"This could be the type of thing that creates division if you let it," safety Antoine Bethea said.

"I think there's a lot of consequences that come along with this," Kaepernick said. 

"You know they're scared they might lose their job or they might not get their endorsements, they might not be treated the same way. And those are things I'm prepared to handle." Kaepernick said. 

mean.gif

Last edited:
Kap was the man but im done with him. Shouldve taken what we couldve gotten for him from Denver. Hes trash

Watson 2017

Kap was the man but im done with him. Shouldve taken what we couldve gotten for him from Denver. Hes trash

Watson 2017
Except we couldn't because they weren't willing to pay his full salary, he wasn't taking a pay cut, and we weren't gonna pay the difference either. 

Except we couldn't because they weren't willing to pay his full salary, he wasn't taking a pay cut, and we weren't gonna pay the difference either. 

Should have paid the difference then. Now were still going to be paying the full salary this year for a player that might not even be on the team. It was an ego thing that backfired

It's always something with this team. Kap couldn't just stay under the radar and try to win the starting job. :smh:

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting cut at this point. I'm sure the front office won't be happy considering the money they paid him but it isn't worth it to keep him as a backup if he's going to divide the locker room or bring negative attention to the team.

Back
Top Bottom