:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O-line has shown up for the 3rd week in a row against a tough front and second week in a row on the road. 

jim o'neil should be admonished for this terrible performance. defense looked completely disheveled from the start of the game.

Last edited:
Disappointed that we couldn't handle that patchwork o line of Seattle. Maybe news comes out that Wilson has a mcl tear, hate them!

You know what, I should be more clear. Can we extend brown now? Locked up isn't the best choice of words around here.

Down 20+ points in the 4th quarter and your RB rushes for 2 TDs. I cant say Ive ever seen that before

Explain the bear front please.
bears 46 defense they used in 1985

when the 2 DEs and the NT are lined up all tightly over the center. It plugs up the middle, but leaves the edges(cutback lanes) completely vulnerable.

Last edited:
that wentz photo is in this thread
laugh.gif

terrible game, but at least we have one of the more important positions on the field nailed down for the next 10 years. the mountain been legit. i could see him give up 3 sacks max this season.

Last edited:
the way bow takes these losses to heart reminds me so much of franky G through the dark years. i feel for him. 
mean.gif

on a positive note, we're 1-0 at home. 
laugh.gif
 going to be a tough game against that cowboy O-line and running attack next sunday.

Last edited:
the way bow takes these losses to heart reminds me so much of franky G through the dark years. i feel for him. :smh:  

on a positive note, we're 1-0 at home. :lol:  going to be a tough game against that cowboy O-line and running attack next sunday.

Didn't Willis play through those dark years too. :frown:

Blaine Gabbert: 10 of 18, 79 yards, INT (43.5 rating). :x
******* horrible. They need to bench his *** but chip too stubborn that it probably won't happen until after our game vs cards or after a bye week. I honestly don't think Kaep is 100% might be a reason chip isn't putting Kaep in

Something is happening for them not to be starting Kap. Either he is not 100% or he doesnt no the offense fully.

But after that **** as s performance by blaine id rather see ponder out there.

Something is happening for them not to be starting Kap. Either he is not 100% or he doesnt no the offense fully.

But after that **** as s performance by blaine id rather see ponder out there.
i don't get it either.

unless he's been slacking off, he should know everything blaine knows by now.

playing in seattle isn't the best idea for a guy coming off the bench, tho. maybe that's why chip didn't want him out there. kap has never played well in that stadium. 

i think chip probably feels helpless. he's got two terrible qbs, and a fanbase clamoring for the guy on the bench.

i am A LOT more concerned with the defense. that performance today was alarming. there's more than enough talent on this defense to, at the very least, be average. defense looked terrible. completely unprepared and not executing at a level they needed to. there were massive running lanes in the front 7, and busted coverages in the secondary.

i HATE how jim o'neil is using our players ie DEFO as a OLB, Ahmad rushing over the center, 2 NOSE TACKLES on pass downs, etc. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

WHY THE **** ARE THERE 2 NOSE TACKLES RUSHING ON PASSING DOWNS? this must be the "let's generate zero pass rush" package. How about only rushing 3 on that 3rd & 14? 
sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif

Last edited:
jim o'neil got taken to the woodshed on trying to balance his 3-4 sub packages against seattle's 11 personnel offense. this would've been 100000x worse if beast mode was still around.

i did a breakdown on this awhile ago, and how seattle gives us huge problems when they bring on that extra wide receiver. fangio had finally adjusted accordingly towards the end, but it took even him multiple seasons to tinker with our defense to get it right. let me see if i can find that post.

found it 
happy.gif

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/E...-Seattle/5ad82116-2471-4718-a1b2-e2c81b935c1f

listen @ 2:52

i specifically touched on this a couple seasons ago on why our defense has so much trouble vs seattle's 11 personnel package

i drew this ghetto *** **** up just now to give you guys an idea

11 personnel=1 TIGHT END, 1 RB, 3 WRs

seattle's 11 personnel offers unique challenge in that beast mode is one of the toughest players to bring down ever to play in the NFL. arm tackles wont do ****, and you'll need big bodies and emphasis on group tackling. they also have the benefit of the inline tight end being utilized as a blocker.

not only lynch, but containing wilson makes it a double trouble. now you worry about 2 people running out of the backfield with their read options, ZBS and scramble drills. defenders have to maintain integrity, rushers have to stay in their lane, and backside defenders have to STAY HOME so that there aren't any cutback lanes. now safeties have to compensate for these shortcomings by playing closer to the line to help in the run defense and cheat a couple yards closer, while still accounting for that extra wide out on the field.

this is why its preferable to stay in BASE defense. you want to maintain that strong box defense(lol) against lynch and that extra blocker(if he blocks). HOWEVER, that extra wide receiver is unaccounted for in base defense.

stopping the run in a 3-4 all starts with the 0 technique(nose tackle). for us, it begins and ends with ian williams. when he is on the field, dude is a beast at stacking the center and preventing any sort of push and choking the flow of the opposing line. he knows how to doublegap(account for 2 gaps/2linemen), thus keeping bow/willhoite flowing freely to the RB to make tackles.

when we are in base, ian williams is on the field, so bringing down lynch is easier; however, with ian williams on the field, we are relegated to a zone coverage if they pass the ball because they have more receivers than we do coverage people(defensive backs). this is why lynchmobb has to go out, cover a zone and NOT pass rush. not only that, but you have fat *** linemen trying to chase down a little ****** that is russell wilson if he leaks out.

SO, now you are in zone coverage in base defense against 3 ****** WRs who are quick and shifty, and if they pass, your pass rush has been hindered because your best pass rushers are in coverage. you'll likely have soft zones in the deeper intermediates because people are playing shorter depth for 1.) the RB 2.) the running QB. this is why those ******* always have big plays down the seams against us.

so what do you do?

you switch to nickel(or dime) to combat their extra receivers that are eating you alive down the field. now, lynch is back to being a pass rusher, and we have an extra body for their extra wide receiver; HOWEVER, now we have a very soft box because ian williams is off the field. you have 6 defenders in the box against 6 blockers. THAT's  MAN-ON-MAN ACROSS THE BOARD. WE STILL HAVENT ACCOUNTED FOR LYNCH. this is when marshawn lynch has destroyed us in the past. he gets to the second level and eats DBs alive. the emphasis on group tackling is highlighted even more, but you have skinny *** 180lbs DBs(who are terrified dont kid yourselves) on the field trying to bring one of the most physically intimidating runners of all time. good luck.

i didn't even mention that the tight end is basically wide receiver now 
sick.gif

this is why 11 personnel is a killer when we play seattle. you're ****** if you do, ****** if you don't. 

Last edited:
I dont get all that shifting players around. When it works they look like geniuses but when they dont they look like complete idiots.

Back
Top Bottom