:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He definitely is draft eligible this year.

Not a fan of that QB from Cal.

wait - i have him confused with someone else. i need to see more from that dude. his tools aint really impressive, doe.

Last edited:
all this "bring back _____" reminds me of a dark time in which we were agonizing over who to start: Troy Smith or David Carr.

BJ Daniels I think could have been a decent QB, but he will never get a shot sitting at seattle or when he was with sf

Last edited:
@49ersaaron8

I think Tyler Lockett is the WR I am zoning in on especially in the middle rounds. He can take the top off the defense and is also a returner. Football pedigree is a plus.

****, i love the draft :evil:
I love Stefon diggs but he is gonna put on a world class combine and go earlier than we can get a chance at him ala Odell Beckham

"49ers’ Tank Carradine showing progress in his ‘rookie’ season"

The 49ers' highlights don't exactly leap off the page when it comes to their demoralizing, 19-3 Thanksgiving loss to the Seahawks.

But if you dig deep enough into the stat book, you'll find one: The game marked defensive end Tank Carradine's high-water mark as a 49er.

He played 28 snaps after starter Ray McDonald was forced into the training room for a long stretch to deal with a finger injury. Carradine finished with five tackles, two of them behind the line of scrimmage.

Those career-best numbers are fairly modest, especially for a high second-round pick in the 2013 draft. Still, they mark progress for Carradine, who didn't play a single defensive snaps in the first half of the season and who missed his entire rookie season while dealing with the after-effects of an ACL injury suffered in college.

In fact, Carradine said he felt like this season, not 2013, has been his rookie campaign.

“I definitely feel that way because last year I didn't even get to put on a uniform,” he said. “There was no getting out there and dressing for the games. I didn't do (training) camp or anything. Everything I did this year – the few games I've played in – it's all new to me. So I've get to get more comfortable with it. And it does feel like my rookie year.”

The 49ers are deep along the defensive line despite the fact that they use only two defensive linemen whenever they are in their nickel alignment, something they do on roughly half their snaps. Carradine also has acknowledged that it has taken him a while to master the defensive playbook.

In October, the 49ers' blunt defensive coordinator, Vic Fangio, said Carradine wasn't playing because he simply hadn't beaten out any of the players ahead of him on the defensive line depth chart.

But there's been progress more recently. The more he plays, the more comfortable he feels, Carradine said. And the more comfortable he feels, the better he plays.

“I see improvement,” Fangio said. “I see a guy that’s playing the run better than he was. I see a guy that’s being better in his assignments and I see a guy that’s into it. I think the arrow is up on him.”

Said Justin Smith, the veteran leader of the defensive line: “He keeps getting reps and getting out there, and he plays better with every rep he gets. You becomes more aware of what's going on around you, how the defense fits off you, not only (knowing) where you've got to be but whyyou've got to be where you've got to be. I think all that stuff is starting to click with him.”

Smith has said he hasn't made any decisions about playing in 2015 when he will be 36. If he doesn't play, Carradine will be one of several players gunning to take over a starting spot that, with Smith in the lineup, has been the cornerstone for the 49ers' defensive success in recent years.

Others in the mix would include Quinton Dial, who was part of Carradine's draft class, along with Tony Jerod-Eddie, rookie Kaleb Ramsey and practice squad player Lawrence Okoye. Fangio also noted that Glenn Dorsey, who has played nose tackle with the 49ers, is versatile enough to play defensive end in the team's 3-4 scheme.

Given his draft status, however, all eyes would be on Carradine.

“Last year basically was a wasted year for him because of his health,” Fangio said. “Yeah, he's been here two years but really only one, and sometimes it takes a little longer for some guys. You know, I wasn't here when Ray McDonald first got here, but it took him a while, too, from what I've been told.”

McDonald was a third-round pick in 2007 who also entered the league with questions about his ACL. He didn't become a full-time starter until Fangio and his staff arrived in 2011.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article4446740.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article4446740.html

[COLOR=#red]Postseason Scenarios[/COLOR]

With the Arizona Cardinals win on Thursday night over the St. Louis Rams, the 49ers were officially eliminated from the division race. But even though the team can't win the NFC West, it is still very much alive in the Wild Card race.

Let's take a look at how the 49ers could play in January for the fourth straight season.

First off, San Francisco needs to finish 3-0. A 9-7 record would only be enough if two other contending teams go 0-3 down the stretch, which appears unlikely.

Anyway, say the 49ers do end up 10-6. The team would need two of the following three scenarios to occur to secure a Wild Card spot:

1. Detroit Lions finish 1-2 (for tiebreaking purposes, one of those losses has to come versus the Chicago Bears)

2. Seattle Seahawks finish 1-1 (assuming a Week 15 loss to San Francisco)

3. Philadelphia Eagles or Dallas Cowboys finish 1-1 (the teams play each other in Week 15, so whoever loses has to fall again in Week 16 or 17)

Detroit (9-4) hosts Minnesota (6-7), then travels to Chicago (5-8) and Green Bay (10-3).

Seattle (9-4) visits Arizona (11-3) before hosting St Louis (6-8).

Philadelphia (9-4) takes road trips to Washington (3-10) and New York (4-9), while Dallas (9-4) hosts Indianapolis (9-4) and visits Washington.

More improbable paths also exist if the Packers lose out or the winner of the Eagles-Cowboys matchup drops its last two games.

Keep the faith, Faithful.

[COLOR=#red]Postseason Scenarios[/COLOR]

With the Arizona Cardinals win on Thursday night over the St. Louis Rams, the 49ers were officially eliminated from the division race. But even though the team can't win the NFC West, it is still very much alive in the Wild Card race.

Let's take a look at how the 49ers could play in January for the fourth straight season.

First off, San Francisco needs to finish 3-0. A 9-7 record would only be enough if two other contending teams go 0-3 down the stretch, which appears unlikely.

Anyway, say the 49ers do end up 10-6. The team would need two of the following three scenarios to occur to secure a Wild Card spot:

1. Detroit Lions finish 1-2 (for tiebreaking purposes, one of those losses has to come versus the Chicago Bears)

2. Seattle Seahawks finish 1-1 (assuming a Week 15 loss to San Francisco)

3. Philadelphia Eagles or Dallas Cowboys finish 1-1 (the teams play each other in Week 15, so whoever loses has to fall again in Week 16 or 17)

Detroit (9-4) hosts Minnesota (6-7), then travels to Chicago (5-8) and Green Bay (10-3).

Seattle (9-4) visits Arizona (11-3) before hosting St Louis (6-8).

Philadelphia (9-4) takes road trips to Washington (3-10) and New York (4-9), while Dallas (9-4) hosts Indianapolis (9-4) and visits Washington.

More improbable paths also exist if the Packers lose out or the winner of the Eagles-Cowboys matchup drops its last two games.

Keep the faith, Faithful.

View media item 1302321

we really need eagles and colts to beat dallas

my lord, if the niners manage to make the playoffs this season then I'll know all these years of crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes have made a difference

Good read. Def keeping hope alive. It all sounds nice But it depends on the niners. Seahawks would love to end our season on Sunday

even if we got OBJ, or benjamin, or landry, what were the chances that they'd get a chance to shine with us given this team is "crowded" with veteran receivers and a TE that can run a 4.38-40 but has hands like a rock??

also, i dont get to see any sort of game tape are our passing woes due to kaep's ability to see a defense and deliver a ball or our receivers just not getting much separation which throws off timing?

Back
Top Bottom