:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
but i'd venture it's about 100% safe to assume jimmy G is the starting QB this szn, if stafford just went for that much, imagine what deshaun watson or aaron rodgers will cost some team

if anything, this probably just bumps watson's theoretical value up even more than it already was

were probably drafting a backup QB late rounds to develop and replace CJ beathard while retaining the backup services of one Nick Mullens

I'm pretty sure Their last first rounder was Jared Goff in 2016, who they just traded away, along with their future first round picks.

Rams probably won't have a 1st round pick until 2023 unless the do something drastic like trade aaron donald for a haul of picks

Need to use that 1st on an impact player now. I still think they draft an LT with that pick and use the savings they would've spent on TW on resigning some players like Verrett, Moseley and Juice. I see a lot of mocks with our pick being a CB but CBs seem to be a huge crap shoot first rounders usually don't pan on to be where they're taken in the draft.

So what’s the consensus for what this move did to impact what it would cost to say move up to #2 to grab Wilson? I would think that pick is more valuable than Stafford but what do u guys think? And forget about Watson. I think the market just made him pretty much untradable. Probably Warner and 4 1sts for them to even entertain it which is just too many assets.

2 firsts and a third good lord I'm glad the 9ers passed on stafford

ya gotta kno when to hold em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run

A lot of the 2 first round picks and a third going to Detroit was to take Goff and his awful contract. It wasn't 2 firsts and a third value for Stafford. If Goff wasn't included, no chance in hell do the Lions get that much.

if we couldn’t lock down stafford i don’t have much confidence in us moving up to get wilson.

just gonna prepare myself mentally for another dlineman :lol:

Why would Wilson sit the bench? Jimmy is a C+ QB at best. It’s not outlandish to get C+ performance from a #2 rookie QB lol. If anything his playmaking ability could even make him a slight upgrade in his first year

Jimmy definitely didn’t lead us the first time :lol:

True but he did what was needed. It took what, 8 wins this year to make the playoffs? We had 6 with trash *** Mullens and CJ :lol: . We make the playoffs and who knows couldve made some noise if Jimmy played all year imo.

I’m still all for doing whatever it takes to bring Deshaun here but I also dont think its doom and gloom if we stick with Jim like a lot of people think. Mf so damn injury prone though, that’s what worries me, not his talent

Pretty sure we’re stuck with Jimmy next year. If the Rams flourish(and they likely will) and Jimmy breaks down or stinks it up again Lynch is gonna have some explaining to do. Trading up to 2 or 3 would require a future first and all signs say we’re not doing that.

Why would Wilson sit the bench? Jimmy is a C+ QB at best. It’s not outlandish to get C+ performance from a #2 rookie QB lol. If anything his playmaking ability could even make him a slight upgrade in his first year
Shanahan's system is complex as hell. With a Superbowl ready team I highly doubt Shanahan and Lynch are ready to hand the keys to a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom