:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tim Kawakami [emoji]10004[/emoji] @timkawakami
I don't think the 49ers mind this. 1-year deal. Keeps Smith local and I believe Jed York and Trent Baalke really want to re-sign him in '16.
Retweeted by Niners Nation

Aldon is going to be a monster in that 4-3. No longer has all the responsibilities of a 3-4 OLB.

him and mack on the edges, ugh gotta hear it all year from raida trolls if he suits up.

Tim Kawakami [emoji]10004[/emoji] @timkawakami
I don't think the 49ers mind this. 1-year deal. Keeps Smith local and I believe Jed York and Trent Baalke really want to re-sign him in '16.
Retweeted by Niners Nation
And if he plays this year and does well, I'm sure the Raiders and couple of other teams would like to sign him too.

:x

Just thought about it, the ****** raiders have mack. If aldon comes in an balls out, raiders pass rush going to be on another level. Wouldnt be suprised if the raiders win the west.

49ers should've never cut Aldon in the first place. They need to stop allowing the media to run the team. F the bad press. Wasn't like they were going to lose fans if they kept him. Also, I don't understand the point of cutting him, then being open to resigning him next year.

Yeah the media acts like *******. Im sure baalke woulda kept him, but management knew they would get bad press. **** the media

Yeah the media acts like *******. Im sure baalke woulda kept him, but management knew they would get bad press. **** the media
This is what I don't get.....

The media says that the 49ers had no choice but to cut Aldon, or it would look terrible for the team.  They praised the 49ers for doing the right thing and actually cutting him. Well, this is the same media that is now loving the signing for the Raiders and saying that its a "nothing to lose" type situation.  F*** that.  How can these same media f***s be saying that when just weeks ago they were saying that Aldon NEEDED to be cut?

How can they have it both ways?

I've always maintained the stance of **** public perception. they should have never cut him.

I'm sure if it was completely up to Baalke, he would have never cut him.

Last edited:
Hope the Niners come to there sense and he pulls a Deandre Jordan... Anywhere but the Raiders

They let bish made Tim Kawakami and other media writers control their decision. If anything, suspend him... but flat out cut him before any details came out? :smh:

@red80........I have a question for you.  Maybe you can answer this for me since I don't want to go into their thread and ask a question out of pure curiosity that I know for a fact will be looked upon as hating....

You seem to be praising Mack a ton as a ferocious pass rusher....

Why?

I watched a ton of Raider games last year due to my roommate being a fan, but I am failing to understand why Mack is getting the reputation he is for rushing the passer.  Mack is a nice player and will be very good.  But his pass rushing was not what impressed me about him last year.  He looked like he could develop into a solid all around player.  But firebreathing pass rusher?  I did not see that at all.  He had 4 sacks last year.  Four.  Aldon had 14 as a rookie.

Is it just because people are assuming he is trending up?  Is it because he was kind of a ghost for the first half of the season and a lot of his counting stats were made in the second half of the season?  People are projecting him building on that improvement and growing?  What am I missing here?  I feel like he has slowly become incredibly overrated.

Last edited:
I'm on my phone, so I can't type it out as thoroughly as like, but I wouldn't worry at all about his production from last year. Not to mention he's playing a different role this year as a 4-3 end.

Buts it's the tools. The ridiculously explosive first step, hand strength, and the motor. He is tenacious as ****, and he does a great job of keeping his hips square to the tackle and churning those feet. He might be the physically strongest player at his position in the league.

Btw Aldon was eased in with a specialty role. Mack had to play as a starter in a role I don't think suited his skill set. I think the perfect role for him would be Ahmad role of 3-4 strong OLB.

Last edited:
Fair enough.  I know he was switching positions, but I guess I just wasn't as impressed with him as others were based on last year.  Not just that the production wasn't there, but that he didn't seem to effect a lot of plays.  We will see if he develops.  Like you said, he has all the tools.  But a lot of young players have great tools that flame out.

He just seems to be getting a ridiculous amount of praise before he has really accomplished much of anything at the NFL level.  I am in no way saying he wont ever, but its just a little early to be getting the praise he does.

Having Aldon on the other side will certainly help.

A lot of the hype stems from the preseason game vs AZ. He completely destroyed Jared veldheer, whose one of the better left tackles in the game.

Like you said, a player can have all the tools, but if they never put it all together, it's all for nothing.

Last edited:
Like I said when they dismissed him, Trent and Co. jumped the gun early releasing him :smh: One can only hope he comes back next year

While I am pissed we cut him before he was charged with anything, I for one am happy for the dude

Happy he's not in the NFC (west especially)

:rofl:

Laughing at the charges just now being filed, not the actual crimes he committed. Had to clarify that one :lol:

Last edited:
Hope he gets suspended for the season. Just cause I don't wanna see him in the raider jersey lol.

Per Santa Clara County prosecutors office, Aldon Smith charged today w/ 3 misdemeanors, inc DUI w/ prior. Will be arraigned on Oct. 6.

Back
Top Bottom