:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The outside facade can be modeled after a prison.

They can ferry in all the Norteños from the mission for free beer outside the stadium.

roll.gif

The Alcatraz 49ers sounds way cooler than it has any right to. Teams will be scared everytime.

Those thugs in JTO jerseys gonna come up so tough.

I realize that Blaine Gabbert is our starting qb at the moment,but does anyone else prefer we draft jaylen smith over Goff if we have the chance.Right now we have the 5th pick (Titans,Browns,Chargers,Ravens). The only team that would draft a qb before we had the opportunity to pick is the Browns,so this may never come to fruition.

Last edited:
We'll know in 3 weeks who we should draft. Hopefully we get shellacked the next 3 games, and Jed is hosting a press conference on January 4th announcing the firing of Tomsula and his staff.

gonna put this out there, but i'm not very confident with trent drafting any player to become studs on offense.
I really can't think of anyone whom he drafted thats highly regarded.

defense, he's the man. I just dont know about offense.

*kanye shrug

edit -- AJ ******* jenkins....like, i dont even

Last edited:
I've been saying the same thing to my circle of friends for years now but in relation to his entire drafting capability.We lucked into lynch because he made a couple mistakes in college and people were unwilling to take a chance with a high pick.He didn't draft Willis and he can't draft a CB to save his life.Hes made maybe a handful to 7 picks over the course of 5 years that have been solid.The dudes a joke just like ownership.

We need Eddie back as our owner.In my fantasy world he would bring harbaugh back as coach and gm we would be sit in the front office.

I can list a lot more than 7 picks that have been solid. Not to mention the myriad of solid free agent/trade acquisitions.

The problem is not Trent, but he is not exonerated from blame, either. Anyone who cosigned on Tomsula being elevated to head coach needs to ****.

I am ready for a organization philosophy shift. I am so tired of this antiquated "run the ball, play defense, eek out wins" philosophy. I want to be like the Steelers, damnit.

Last edited:
not to nitpick, but since we're talking about draft picks, i'm focusing on that.

Outside of AD, Hyde, and maybe bruce miller (for his position)... I can't think of anyone else that i've been impressed with.
Ellington and patton, I think can be good with a better offense, but as of now...meh

The steelers only changed after Mike Tomlin took over and Ken Whisenhunt left but even then it took a few years and patient ownership for the fruits of that labor to finally show.

Jed ****boy makes decisions on whims and his beta feelings. We can shift in philosophy but what good does hat do when the next coach is fired in 3 years after rebuilding for 2? Let's face it, Harbaugh is the only guy capable of turning around a loser and making them championship contenders the same year he's hired.

*sigh*

not to nitpick, but since we're talking about draft picks, i'm focusing on that.

Outside of AD, Hyde, and maybe bruce miller (for his position)... I can't think of anyone else that i've been impressed with.

Ellington and patton, I think can be good with a better offense, but as of now...meh

I agree on the offensive side. 

I think people don't realize how often GMs miss; they miss more than they hit. IMO, Baalke has done a very respectable job. I think this defense would have looked a lot different with Chris Borland and Aldon in there, but you can't expect the GM to foresee the type of **** that happened in the offseason.

BTW The Patriots don't have a single 1st round draft pick at a skill position on their entire team. Goes to shows you the importance of coaching and having a stable, consistent football philosophy and system in place to draft for. 

Last edited:
Did anyone watch "the timeline" tonight on the nfl network documenting the rivalry between the niners and the Cowboys.Pretty official.

Cam Inman  ‏@CamInman   4m4 minutes agoSanta Clara, CA

Alex Boone on 2016, says he'd "love to hear an offer" from #49ers, "This is my home, these are my brothers." Also excited about free agency
We have a handful of our guys, notably boone and ian williams, impending free agents, yet we haven't resigned anyone. what the hell is going in santa clara?

free agents for those wondering:
[table][tr][th="col"]
PLAYER (17)
[/th][th="col"]
POS.
[/th][th="col"]
FROM
[/th][th="col"]
TO
[/th][th="col"]
2015 CAP HIT
[/th][th="col"]
STATUS
[/th][/tr][tr][td]Anquan Boldin[/td][td]WR[/td][td]35[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$6,909,000[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Phil Dawson[/td][td]K[/td][td]40[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$4,134,000[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Alex Boone[/td][td]G[/td][td]28[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$3,723,000[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Reggie Bush[/td][td]RB[/td][td]30[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$2,406,250[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ian Williams[/td][td]DT[/td][td]26[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$1,495,834[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Garrett Celek[/td][td]TE[/td][td]27[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$710,000[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Michael Wilhoite[/td][td]ILB[/td][td]29[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$660,000[/td][td]RFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tony Jerod-Eddie[/td][td]DE[/td][td]25[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$585,000[/td][td]RFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jordan Devey[/td][td]G[/td][td]27[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$510,000[/td][td]ERFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Andrew Tiller[/td][td]G[/td][td]25[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$504,705[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Shaun Draughn[/td][td]RB[/td][td]28[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$349,411[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Travaris Cadet[/td][td]RB[/td][td]26[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$310,588[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Marcus Cromartie[/td][td]CB[/td][td]25[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$270,000[/td][td]RFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chris Davis[/td][td]CB[/td][td]25[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$270,000[/td][td]RFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kendall Gaskins[/td][td]FB[/td][td]25[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$255,882[/td][td]ERFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ray-Ray Armstrong[/td][td]OLB[/td][td]26[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$206,470[/td][td]RFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brian Leonhardt[/td][td]TE[/td][td]25[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$120,000[/td][td]ERFA[/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
I think I remember reading we're going to be ~50 mil under the cap this offseason, and around ~60mil if we cut Kap

We better make some noise this offseason.

Based on that list of our upcoming FA's the ones I'd like to see return are Tiller, Draughn, Celek, Dawson, Boone (although he'll likely get a major payday elsewhere) and I've heard Boldin would like to play another year, I wouldn't be opposed to that...if he would even want to return here :lol:

mannn...as much as I'd want boldin to return, I want to see him go to a winner. That way he can ride off into the sunset

love Boldin, he could very well still be a beast for two or three more years with a qb who's willing to get him the ball. but this team doesn't deserve him; i mean why was anquan the only 49er fired up during the rams' game earlier this season, AND HE WAS IN STREET CLOTHES? cuzzo was ready to fight a helmeted-rams player while he was wearing a ******* sweat suit on the sidelines. ****, anquan is a damn savage and I wish every 49er would play with that kind passion.

another way I look at is is, there's no point in having his contract if we're in the process of rebuilding. i assume that by the time the niners right the ship, boldin will be close to done, if not already retired. let the young ones (QP, Bruce, DeAndrew) get their shine. Just one time, I want to see Bruce on a quick slant route, JUST ONE TIME....NO MORE BUBBLE SCREENS TO ANQUAN PLEASE

Back
Top Bottom