:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
****, im terrified that the niners are gonna **** around and beat the rams in two weeks.

i know we need to approach it one week at a time, one loss at a time, but damn it, I NEED US TO GET A TOP 3 PICK!

also, Vance McDonald is gonna be my favorite 49er for the remainder of the season.

[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji] :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

it's simultaneously hilarious and sad that we've come to this point [emoji]128546[/emoji]

With that said, 4-12 needs to happen.

Smh at going from 12-4, to 8-8, to(hopefully) 4-12...

Please let that trend stop this year.

As of now we have the 6th pick according to NFL.com

The only team in front of us that would take a qb is the Browns

1) Titans have Mariotta
2) Browns need unless they happy with Manziel
3) Ravens have Flacco
4) Charges have Rivers
5) Cowboys have Romo

This will be interesting for sure

wouldn't be too surprised to see the Cowboys take a qb with Romo constantly being sidelined.

and like red said, I don't think we're gonna go qb in the first round

this little ***** eli harold needs to put on a solid ~20lbs this offseason. dude is way too small right now to be playing OLB.

Last edited:
 DBs Tartt, Ward OK with getting coached up by Baalke, the GM who drafted them

Posted on December 22, 2015  by Cam Inman

Defensive backs Jimmie Ward and Jaquiski Tartt, high picks from the 49ers’ past two drafts, have embraced hands-on coaching from the man who brought them to the 49ers, general manager Trent Baalke.

That tutoring apparently doesn’t bother Ward nor Tartt, who were high school teammates in Mobile, Ala.

“He comes down to practice a lot. He’s like another coach,” said Ward, last year’s first-round draft pick. “Sometimes I make a mistake and be like, ‘Coach Trent?’

“He’s correcting my techniques, too, when I’m on the field,” Ward added. “He’s a pretty good guy. I like him. I don’t mind that (coaching).”

Tartt, a second-round draft pick this year, echoed Ward’s take on Baalke, with no hint of discontent toward coach Jim Tomsula nor secondary coach Tim Lewis.While Ward has shined as the 49ers’ nickel back, Tartt has played in every game his rookie season and started the past six in place of the injured Antoine Bethea.

“When you see him, he’s always going to coach something, and you have to be ready for it,” Tartt said of Baalke. “He’s pretty cool.”

Baalke is in his sixth season overseeing the 49ers’ personnel. He’s indeed been seen at practices, which are closed to the media once team drills begin.

Ward and Tartt have developed into productive players and emerging leaders, Tomsula said Monday.

In the past three games, Ward and Tartt each have had a sack and an interception. Ward returned his first career pick for a touchdown in a Dec. 6 win at Chicago.

Next up for the 49ers’ secondary is Sunday’s daunting task of covering Detroit Lions star Calvin Johnson.

“We’ve heard about him,” Ward quipped. “He’s one of the best. I’m looking forward to covering him in the slot, and hopefully I get a tackle off him or a pass break up. I know Quaski feels the same — we always want to play against the greats and we get an opportunity to do that this Sunday.”

Neither Ward nor Tartt said they’ve felt pressure with being a high draft pick.

“Every game I’m trying to go out there and give it a 110-percent,” Ward said. “There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about mistakes I’m making each game, so I pride myself on getting better.”

Said Tartt: “To me, it’s really no pressure. I’ve been playing football all my life.”

I know this has probably been said a million times, but I don't understand why we don't let Jarryd Hayne get a decent amount of carries in these last 2 meaningless games.

at least give the fans some small reason to actually watch

I know this has probably been said a million times, but I don't understand why we don't let Jarryd Hayne get a decent amount of carries in these last 2 meaningless games.

at least give the fans some small reason to actually watch

Whose playing RB? I thought everyone was injured. My mans fumbles the ball a couple times and gets the boot. While Vance M drops every damn pass but starts every game smh.

Last edited:
Clues from Ted and Tim: the 49ers like a certain assistant

Whether or not you agree with their assessments, it’s almost worth listening to Ted Robinson and Tim Ryan during their weekly segments on KNBR just to gauge what the front office is thinking. Ryan was questioning Colin Kaepernick as early as the end of last season, and both broadcasters were crushing Kaepernick on a near-daily basis before the switch to Blaine Gabbert was finally made.

Their tone on Sunday and Monday could give a sliver of hope to fans who want Tomsula gone. Robinson spent much of the fourth quarter questioning Tomsula’s decision not to go for two late in the third quarter against the Bengals, and Ryan didn’t mention “Jimmy-Tom” at all in his segment yesterday with Kevin Lynch and Ray Ratto.

However, Ryan didn’t blame the coaches for how this season has gone, either.

“The bottom line is guys have not made plays in key situations,” Ryan said.

“You see a lot of flashes and you see opportunities. The bottom line is when you’re not very good, and you’re super young, you can’t make mistakes.”

It’s obvious where this is trending, and this falls directly in line with Jed’s five talking points we’ll almost certainly hear on the Monday or Tuesday after the regular season finale.
  • The “defections” put this team in an incredible bind, pushing the roster past any reasonable limit.
  • This led to young players taking on important roles before they were ready.
  • The entire process was further broken by established vets who either got hurt or underperformed.
  • So it’s unfair to judge the coaches or the players who we really like (more on that in a bit) because the overall talent was decimated by factors beyond the team’s control.
Both Robinson and Ryan praised Eric Mangini for how the defense performed against Cincinnati. The Bengals were without their starting quarterback and 12-touchdown tight end, and A.J. Green hurt his back on Saturday and only played 59% of the snaps, but that didn’t matter. Ryan was impressed with Mangini’s “schematic adjustments,” in particular.

Think for a second: who is the most obvious replacement for Tomsula? Yes, it’s Mangini. Mangini will one day coach this team in all probability, perhaps even as soon as Week 1 next season (but only if Tomsula makes more boneheaded in-game decisions and the team plays with little to no effort against the Lions and Rams). More likely: Mangini will get the call midway through the 2016 season or to start the 2017 campaign. There’s always a chance the 49ers could go for an offense-minded guy instead. But Mangini already has experience coaching tight ends, so he’s got it all covered. Mangenius is nothing if not a dual-threat.

Last edited:
Well I honestly doubt Tomsula will get another opportunity to be a HC in the NFL... Possibly not even as a DC

Best bet is to stick to Dline coaching

after reading that article, it just reminded me that I haven't seen a football team this dysfunctional, ever. it's probably because I don't care to follow other teams as closely as knowing their administrative and coaching changes/defections, but there just seems to be no silver lining out of all of this. i tip my hat off to al davis for being quick to be 1-and-done with HCs and not giving a damn about the media **** storm blaming him thereafter. meanwhile, the ship is all but completely sunk and york is still sitting on his hands about HCs. at this point of the season, I'm sure Al would have said **** Tomsula and already promoted Mangini for the last two games of the season

I honestly think Mangini would be a better coach for the Niners, and Tomsula needs to be out of the building if they did that

But I would like a whole new coaching staff, an offensive mind.

its really starting to piss me off that ian williams hasn't been resigned. this guy is 26 years and quietly one of the best players on this team. it ALL starts upfront with him. this is one of those players that gets away in FA and next year we are asking ourselves why the **** we let him go. 
mean.gif

I love this play. Shoots the gap, disrupts the backfield and recovers the fumble.

Last edited:
i dont get it. in addition to his play, tomsula was just praising him in the press conference for his leadership. what the **** are they waiting for? 
mad.gif

Last edited:
check out this play vs the browns. browns are running a gap power run to the strongside.

ian williams with the blazing fast first step at the snap. stacks the guard so well that he pushes him back into the weakside pulling guard which disrupts the entire play, and then he sheds that fool with ease to get to the runner and cause a fumble.

look at how fast he comes off the ball and how powerful his initial strike is. blows the guard back.
sick.gif
pimp.gif
 that's the type of explosiveness and power you look for in a 300+lbs man.

WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GUY RESIGNED YET!!?!?!?!?!!?! 
mad.gif

Last edited:
check out this play vs the browns. browns are running a gap power run to the strongside.

ian williams with the blazing fast first step at the snap. stacks the guard so well that he pushes him back into the weakside pulling guard which disrupts the entire play, and then he sheds that fool with ease to get to the runner and cause a fumble.

look at how fast he comes off the ball and how powerful his initial strike is. blows the guard back.:x :pimp:  that's the type of explosiveness and power you look for in a 300+lbs man.

WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GUY RESIGNED YET!!?!?!?!?!!?! >:  

him and big uso were getting so much damn push against the run on sunday. but with our luck, I'm sure the coaching staff starts TJE next year and lets ian Williams walk in FA

Last edited:
Just watched sb 23 on nfl network...

that final drive was a thing of beauty

and now we have to watch the most pathetic offense in the league

frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom