:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I strongly suspect that with Chip Kelly as the new HC the 49ers are going to give Colin Kaepernick another season starting with Gabbert returning as his backup. In light of this, I would be very surprised if they use that 1st round pick on a QB. 

I strongly suspect that with Chip Kelly as the new HC the 49ers are going to give Colin Kaepernick another season starting with Gabbert returning as his backup. In light of this, I would be very surprised if they use that 1st round pick on a QB. 
I echo that sentiment

Why do you guys think that? Kelly wants a qb that is decisive, accurate and gets the ball out quick.

IMO if Kelly lets gabbert and kap compete, gabbert will beat him out. He's simply a better fit for what Kelly wants to do.

Look at the passing concepts posted above. Kaepernick doesn't possess the poise, the ability to process information quick enough, or the accuracy to run those concepts. Kelly will find this out when he watches the tape.

Last edited:
Kap to me doesn't even look that fast anymore. Dude used to be one of those guys where you had to make sure you were going to take a good angle In pursuit.

There is no way they will chance Kap fighting for the #1 spot... Not gonna risk all that money for him to ride the bench

Either he will be cut before he's due his money or he's the clear cut #1... Thats just me

Im a big Kap fan, but if he doesn't restructure his contract then no point for him to stay on the team... They should cut him

We can use the extra money in FA and extending players for the 2017 season

Why do you guys think that? Kelly wants a qb that is decisive, accurate and gets the ball out quick.

IMO if Kelly lets gabbert and kap compete, gabbert will beat him out. He's simply a better fit for what Kelly wants to do.

Look at the passing concepts posted above. Kaepernick doesn't possess the poise, the ability to process information quick enough, or the accuracy to run those concepts. Kelly will find this out when he watches the tape.

Nah you just described what hue wants. Chipotle feels like he's the smartest guy in the room. So he would sell to you that he can make it work with kaep. He feels he can make it work with anyone and he can prove it by trading his best players away to acquire more pieces. Wouldn't be surprised if they bring in RG3 though.

Nah you just described what hue wants. Chipotle feels like he's the smartest guy in the room. So he would sell to you that he can make it work with kaep. He feels he can make it work with anyone and he can prove it by trading his best players away to acquire more pieces. Wouldn't be surprised if they bring in RG3 though.

No, those are the attributes described by his former scout in Philly(John middelkauf) that they were told to look for. These are the attributes he values most in a qb,and it is obvious when you watch him break down his offense concepts.

Why do people think Chip wants a running, gimmick QB? I already cleared up this fallacy on the other page. Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez and Matt Barkley...more similar to Gabbert or Kap? :lol:

Last edited:
No, those are the attributes described by his former scout in Philly(John middelkauf) that they were told to look for. These are the attributes he values most in a qb,and it is obvious when you watch him break down his offense concepts.

Why do people think Chip wants a running, gimmick QB? I already cleared up this fallacy on the other page. Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez and Matt Barkley...more similar to Gabbert or Kap? :lol:

All the same, all garbage. who was the best quarterback he's had? Nobody. Dude feels like he can make it work with anyone doesn't matter if it's kaep, Sanchez, or the guy everyone makes excuses for Bradford.

Kap would add to the garbage. Gabbert would too, but less than Kap. Neither is the solution. This is why I believe they will definitely draft a QB.

I agree with the notion that he believes he can make it work with anyone, but every coach wants their guy.

this guy used to work with Chip as one of his scouts:

Last edited:
if he comes here(i think hes also contemplating the oregon DC job), niner fans will love jerry azzinaro. this is chip's confidant and one of the best DL coaches in the NFL. i love his fiery personality. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
pac12 gonna have some good LBs in this draft. red, what's your take on Cravens from SC? dude is a little small to play safety but lots of scouts saying he can play ILB in a 3-4.

i think he would play that hybrid safety/LB role that a lot of teams are utilizing in their "big nickel" package, but we already have jaquiski tartt who can do that.

i am not a fan of the safety in college to LB in the pros conversion, especially to a 3-4. I like players that played the position full time in college at prototypical LB size(6ft+, 230lbs-240lbs) because so much of ILB is predicated on instincts, diagnosing plays and physically holding up. i think  first and foremost you look for a guy who play downhill and go sideline to sideline. 

btw if anyone is wondering what the big nickel is:
 [h3]What is the big nickel package?[/h3]
Every team in the NFL utilizes a traditional nickel package (five defensive backs instead of the four featured in base defenses) as a way to better defend against the pass. Typically, an extra corner will come on to replace a linebacker and will align in the slot to match up with a receiver or tight end.

In a big nickel package, the defensive coordinator will instead bring on an extra safety who acts as a hybrid linebacker/cornerback. While the nickel safety is also assigned to cover tight ends and receivers in the slot, he is a more effective run defender and possesses the size, strength and length to match up with the league's increasing number of big-bodied, pass-catching tight ends. Thus, the coordinator has a better option for defending opponents who prefer to play "12" personnel (one running back, two tight ends and two wide receivers) as their primary offense. 

Last edited:
Deone Buchanon is killing that LB/Robber/Lurk role.

Dude has become one of the better defensive players in the NFL my opinion and Aaron Donald is the best defensive player in football. Our Divison is too tough.

Last edited:
yup, but almost exclusively only plays in nickel and dime packages where teams are not likely to run.

imagine being a 216lbs linebacker and you have to meet marshawn lynch or carlos hyde in the hole. may the lord be with you.

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/C...ouchdown/0b7ebc9c-ad78-4799-80f4-8e09bcc583f7

sick.gif

this is where you need your Pats and Bows to clean it up before he gets to the 3rd level where your guys who shouldn't be taking on a 230lb RB one on one are.

Last edited:
Damn those last two vids made me want *** and Scooby.

Scooby looks like the real deal. Him and Bowman could be sick

for potential LBs, this situation right here is the barometer:

marshawn lynch in space and he's squared up coming at you. 
sick.gif

no ***** in pat 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
we were spoiled with pat and bow. they're anomalies. you can count the number of true 3-down LBs in the NFL in the last ten years on ronnie lott's left hand. this is why i was in love with jaylon. he's made from the same mold

this why  the "big nickel" is so popular. you can use multiple people to fill multiple roles; no longer need one guy who can do it all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom