:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Culliver is straight up dumb.  You're not even allowed to leave the scene of an accident if you are the only one involved.  49ers need to move up and get a CB for this season.  Sounds like Culliver will be serving some time.

we'll be ok. T brock will be partnered up with either wright or cox. what i am worried about most is the inside not the outside.

jason verrett 
devil.gif

I hope were thinking about moving up to get justin Gilbert. Could blossom into a guy who follows no. 1s

Last edited:
was just thinking if we brought in djax and with our ability to target guys with our abundance of picks we could go cornerback back to back grabbing both a inside guy(jason verrett) and a outside guy(kyle fuller) in the first 2 rounds. would be amazing. 
pimp.gif
 so many trade scenarios in my head. 
mean.gif
eyes.gif

Last edited:
Cully has to be one of the dumbest players in the league, wait in the world.

Im convinced 9ers are getting a db in the 1st rd

I honestly hope this doesn't change any of our draft plannings if he ends up being released or whatever...

I wonder if we'll resign carlos rodgers. seemed highly unlikely before but i could see it happening.

Last edited:

lol so he hit someone, fleed the scene, eyewitness follows him and corners him, he threatens him with brass knuckles and then flees again hitting the eyewitnesses' car in the process.

release this idiot. 
Wow dude at 10 AM 
indifferent.gif
he hit a cyclist he should have just took responsibility of that fact

Last edited:
Culliver is so dumb :smh:

Hopefully the beginning of our schedule isnt too bad because our secondary is going to need some time to get used to playing together.

We don't need D jax all for signing him to a 1 year deal but we won't end up with him.

Anybody else see that article on NFL.com that says we may be aggressively moving up to get Sammy Warkins like our boy red said. We need this to happen at this point.

Last edited:
Jeremiah: Sammy Watkins could be target for aggressive 49ers

The 49ers  are an aggressive team in just about every aspect. That includes the front office, where general manager Trent Baalke has shown he will go out and make deals to improve his team that many didn't expect.

He is also a very dangerous man in the 2014 NFL Draft, with six picks in the first three rounds: one in Round 1, two in Round 2 and three in Round 3. With that kind of war chest in one of the deepest drafts in decades, it might be time to start entertaining the possibility that San Francisco could grab a top wide receiver in the first round before addressing other needs.

"You can definitely add to the weapons you have," NFL Network's Curtis Conway said on "Path to the Draft." "It's not a need, but you can add to it. A guy like Brandin Cooks, he stands out to me. If he's available at 30, I think you have to take him."

Grabbing the Biletnikoff Award winner from last season would certainly be a big addition to the 49ers, who could stand to add somebody to stretch the field. But Baalke does have some ammunition with all those picks. If we're talking bold moves, maybe the team tries to make the bold move and trades up to get somebody like Clemson receiver Sammy Watkins.

"If they have a player they want to target, they could go up and get a real difference maker," NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said. "Maybe a player like Sammy Watkins starts to slide closer to that 10th overall pick. If you're Trent Baalke, maybe you say, 'Let's go all in and grab a difference maker.'"

"If there is a once every five years type of player, like Sammy Watkins, you'd be crazy not to do it," fellow analyst Brian Baldinger said.

It would also make for a crazy good matchup between the 49ers  receivers and Seattle's "Legion of Boom" secondary.

San Francisco showed last year that it can make such a move. Shoring up the secondary was a big need, and the49ers  were aggressive in trading up for the No. 18 pick to get safety Eric Reed, who turned out to be a great addition.

So yes, they could sit around and get a guy like Cooks or even USC's Marqise Lee  if he drops to the end of the first round. Or they could add on defense with a linebacker such as Ryan Shazier  out of Ohio State.

But with all those selections in the top 100, the 49ers  just might want to make an aggressive move again and find a trading partner in the top 10.
DO IT TRENT.

you want to swing for fences?!? THEN BARRY BONDS THAT MOTHAF!@#A!

a guy like sammy watkins isnt in the draft every year. !@#$ grabbing a guy who is only a slot guy. bring in someone who can shift the balance of power. you dont have to go through progressions when sammy watkins is flying by his coverage. i can already see sammy watkins splitting that seattle cover 3 on a skinny post. 
pimp.gif
we can still grab sammy AND cornerback depth. add watkins and lattimore and a full season of crabs+Q 
sick.gif

Last edited:
[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.nfl.com/teams/sanfrancisco49ers/profile?team=SF[/URL]"]
Jeremiah: Sammy Watkins could be target for aggressive 49ers

The 49ers are an aggressive team in just about every aspect. That includes the front office, where general manager Trent Baalke has shown he will go out and make deals to improve his team that many didn't expect.

He is also a very dangerous man in the 2014 NFL Draft, with six picks in the first three rounds: one in Round 1, two in Round 2 and three in Round 3. With that kind of war chest in one of the deepest drafts in decades, it might be time to start entertaining the possibility that San Francisco could grab a top wide receiver in the first round before addressing other needs.

"You can definitely add to the weapons you have," NFL Network's Curtis Conway said on "Path to the Draft." "It's not a need, but you can add to it. A guy like Brandin Cooks, he stands out to me. If he's available at 30, I think you have to take him."

Grabbing the Biletnikoff Award winner from last season would certainly be a big addition to the 49ers, who could stand to add somebody to stretch the field. But Baalke does have some ammunition with all those picks. If we're talking bold moves, maybe the team tries to make the bold move and trades up to get somebody like Clemson receiver Sammy Watkins.

"If they have a player they want to target, they could go up and get a real difference maker," NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said. "Maybe a player like Sammy Watkins starts to slide closer to that 10th overall pick. If you're Trent Baalke, maybe you say, 'Let's go all in and grab a difference maker.'"

"If there is a once every five years type of player, like Sammy Watkins, you'd be crazy not to do it," fellow analyst Brian Baldinger said.

It would also make for a crazy good matchup between the 49ers receivers and Seattle's "Legion of Boom" secondary.

San Francisco showed last year that it can make such a move. Shoring up the secondary was a big need, and the49ers were aggressive in trading up for the No. 18 pick to get safety Eric Reed, who turned out to be a great addition.

So yes, they could sit around and get a guy like Cooks or even USC's Marqise Lee if he drops to the end of the first round. Or they could add on defense with a linebacker such as Ryan Shazier out of Ohio State.

But with all those selections in the top 100, the 49ers just might want to make an aggressive move again and find a trading partner in the top 10.

DO IT TRENT.

View media item 888644

you want to swing for fences?!? THEN BARRY BONDS THAT MOTHAF!@#A!

View media item 888646

a guy like sammy watkins isnt in the draft every year. !@#$ grabbing a guy who is only a slot guy. bring in someone who can shift the balance of power. you dont have to go through progressions when sammy watkins is flying by his coverage. i can already see sammy watkins splitting that seattle cover 3 on a skinny post. :pimp: we can still grab sammy AND cornerback depth. add watkins and lattimore and a full season of crabs+Q :x

[/quote]
If u was a female I would be Iove with u
I'm liking that scenario

lol starting to see more and more about us and the raiders swapping that #5 pick if sammy is there

[h1]ESPN Mailbag: Raiders’ draft trade possible?[/h1]
March, 30, 2014
MAR 30

8:00

AM ET

By 

Bill Williamson  | ESPN.com

Michael from San Diego wants to know  if the 49ers can acquire the No. 5 overall pick from the Raiders in order to snag Clemson receiver Sammy Watkins. 

BW:  It would take a big leap. Going form No. 30 to No. 5 would take a load. In 2011, it cost Atlanta a first, second and fourth-round picks in that draft and a first- and fourth-round picks in 2012 to go from No. 27 to No. 6 to take receiver Julio Jones  in a deal with Cleveland. It may cost the 49ers the No. 30, No. 56, No. 61, No. 77 and No. 94 picks -- their first five picks. That is a major, major investment. But Watkins would be a beautiful fit for the 49ers, who don’t have a lot of other needs. Plus, the Raiders have a ton of needs and would likely be intrigued by getting a big cache of picks back. In the end, the 49ers would likely think the price is too steep, but if they fall in love with Watkins, you just never know. 

George from San Jose wants to know  how many of the 49ers’ 11 draft picks do I see making the 53-man roster. 

BW:  That’s another reason why the 49ers will likely consider bundling some picks. This is a loaded roster. I really don’t see more than five or six draft picks making the final roster, especially considering the 49ers are adding running back Marcus Lattimore  and defensive lineman Tank Carradine. They were both injured during their rookie season.

Last edited:
If u was a female I would be Iove with u
I'm liking that scenario

:lol: :lol:

That would be so dope... I know we have the team to win now but is it really worth it to give up that many draft picks?

Unless they already know that they won't be signing Crabby and we get a pick for via him signing elsewhere through free agency?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That would be so dope... I know we have the team to win now but is it really worth it to give up that many draft picks?

Unless they already know that they won't be signing Crabby and we get a pick for via him signing elsewhere through free agency?
he's definitely worth it. plus we have too many picks and not enough roster spots. dont forget the 2013 draft still hasnt suited up so we're basically going to be adding players from that draft and this years.

and like you said sammy watkins is a hell of a backup plan if we lose crabtree. if we want to draft another possession receiver there's a couple nice ones late in the draft. there is only 1 sammy watkins in the draft tho. kap to sammy watkins and quinton patton for the next 5 years. 
pimp.gif

let's say the 49ers had to give up what ATL gave up to get julio jones. we would still be left with a 2nd, 2 3rds, 5th and 7th in the draft this year after adding the most dynamic and explosive receiver in the draft.
sick.gif
 we would lose our 1st and 4th next year, but baalke could easily turn that 2nd into a 1st next year. plus baalke is super savvy when it comes to these situations. i'm sure he could get over on reggie mckenzie. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom