:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It looked like Winfield got there early so DPi

but the pass bounced off his arm, are they trying to say that because he played the ball it was actually a pbu?

in situations like that i ask my self “if that was brady going in for the winning 2 point conversation do they call it?!”

giphy.gif

Well, no Jimmy or Kittle for the last 8 games.
So no expectations at all, just watch and see where the dominos fall for the draft....

Ugh, I haven't even thought about our situation with Trent Williams. He's back to playing at a very high level, and I don't know about you guys but I don't want to go into the offseason with any more holes than we already have, especially at a premiere position like left tackle.

holy ****. i didn't realize that trent was a FA after 2020. that being said, considering lynch gave away this year's 5th and next year's 3rd for an elite rental, i'm not too mad. if it weren't for injuries, we'd be contenders and trent would be keeping jimmy clean. it was a win-now move for what's turned out to be a bust of a season.

niners need to resign him. i couldn't imagine how putrid this line would look without him.

Dam so Paraage not the goat? We in cap hell? Someone explain, I don’t know cap math

Niners are in a tight situation. The cap is going down next year due to covid, and we're already strapped for cash as is. Dumping Kwon was a start, but guys like Weston Richburg and Dee Ford are likely to go in the offseason. Even Robbie Gould might go. Paying that much for a kicker is a luxury. And of course, there's always Jimmy. As we stand, I'd be surprised if Jimmy is back next season unless his deal is restructured.

The team is really going to have to trim the fat this offseason.

Still have a ton of confidence in Kyle and Lynch.

Still think the season would have been completely different if not for the excessive injuries.

it just sucks that of all years, it was THIS year. I still have a lot of hope that we will continue to be competitive as we reconfigure the roster.

When I said we were in “cap hell” before the season people laughed or said “we’re good”... Now everyone is realizing we have to make serious moves to free up some space :smh:

Bros relax the team has more IR guys than any team in league. Everything will be ok. The nucleus and the way this team gels is much more important than the outcome of this season.

I want this team to draft Creed Humphrey Center Oklahoma pro ready and nimble enough to play Center in this scheme. The current center is a D+ player and Shanny knows that’s a huge hinderence to his offense.

I'm beyond ready. If you dont have a franchise QB, you should never stop looking for one. We need to start looking again.

Big facts. We need stability at that position. Not just that, but we need a guy we all have conviction in. I love Jimmy, but he's underperformed too many times.

I hate the feeling that whenever we fall behind we're ****ed. We need a QB who can sling the rock from the start and when we fall behind.

if saints game jimmy showed up week to week nobody would be questioning anything. but he’s just shown he’s not consistent even when 100%. people can blame the ankle this season all they want but let’s not forget that week 1 showing. like i said before i think it’s more in his head and until he figures that out he’s a liability, especially at his price tag

The issue is there is only 3-4 elite guys and then a bunch of starters in the league. There are guys with big potential who lack consistency all over the league. Unless you know your upgrading which is extremely difficult to quantify, moving on from your current QB is not as easy as it appears. We’ve been here before in 2012 with Kap and Alex Smith.

New QB’s seem to have success initially because D coordinators do not have film to work off of that shows what these QB’s preferences are from down to down. The pass protection up front is a major component. This year 49ers have been below average at protection and above average run blocking. But Jimmy does obviously have flaws and definitely some of his preferences on certain downs and distance have been identified by the league at this point.

Nope...do not want Ryan or Darnold. Would rather draft a guy with our 1st pick that Kyle and Lynch approves of. I trust in them. Especially if we have cap issues cause dumping Jimmy would help.

Like most of you guys, I love Jimmy. Last week if you asked me I would have said no. But its time to move on. He's not going to all of a sudden turn into that QB we want to see.

I don't know how I feel about Sam Darnold. The kid is super talented, but he throws way too many INTs. Even at USC dude was tossing INTs like crazy.

But he's big, athletic and can sling it. One thing I will add is that he's one of the best throwers on the move that I've ever seen.

Reactions: ace
The issue is there is only 3-4 elite guys and then a bunch of starters in the league. There are guys with big potential who lack consistency all over the league. Unless you know your upgrading which is extremely difficult to quantify, moving on from your current QB is not as easy as it appears. We’ve been here before in 2012 with Kap and Alex Smith.

New QB’s seem to have success initially because D coordinators do not have film to work off of that shows what these QB’s preferences are from down to down. The pass protection up front is a major component. This year 49ers have been below average at protection and above average run blocking. But Jimmy does obviously have flaws and definitely some of his preferences on certain downs and distance have been identified by the league at this point.

seems like reliable pass blocking is becoming just as much a luxury as having a consistent QB these days. rarely do we see teams have both.

sans injury, I think jimmy is a more capable/accurate passer than this season would indicate. however my biggest concern about him is his immobility. even before the ankle sprain, when the pocket collapsed, jimmy looked like a gargoyle back there. he'd try to step up and run right into the pass rusher :lol: i don't doubt his toughness but with the evolution of defensive lineman are we witnessing an era in which the pocket-heavy QB is being replaced by the Russ, Kyler, Lamar-types, QBs who can throw on the move?

just goes to show that when he's not dialing up RPOs for jerick mckinnon, Shanny's play calling has been so good it's fooled us into thinking that QB-ing is easy. he's made nick mullens look like joe montana multiple times

Back
Top Bottom