:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
An offense that has Edwards, Hill, Flowers, Beckham, Bateman, Likely… Imagine giving up 30+ to them

Lamar literally carried that offense

An offense that has Edwards, Hill, Flowers, Beckham, Bateman, Likely… Imagine giving up 30+ to them

Lamar literally carried that offense
I wouldn't even say Lamar carried, the defense carried with all the turnovers. Case in point we were still in the game at half because they couldn't get into the end zone even with the short fields.

I won't point out all the bad but we need a full healthy oline going into the playoffs. It was starting to get ugly towards the end with so many guys getting hurt, hopefully everyone is okay and can go. I think having Arik would have helped yesterday too.

It was barely 16-12 at halftime after 3 interceptions with them getting the ball back to start the 2nd half. The chances were there. The Ravens handled business and pulled away in the 2nd half.

Much better to take it on the chin now in week 16 and have an actual chance to make corrections and have that wake up call game now as opposed to winning out and having it in the divisional round where there’s no tomorrow. Barring a colossal upset in Washington. That Rams game week 18 is going to be a real good test for them going into the playoffs. If they want that 1 seed they’re going to have to earn it.

"Purdy too cocky"

But when he makes those throws it's all good, right?

I was hoping for a win, but those TOs were ugly. I was curious as to why Verrett was playing because a TD was scored on him, but whatever.

Big thing is, I hope Trent and his groin is feeling just fine and Brock's stinger isn't an issue the rest of the season.

Win out and the Niners will have the bye.

Was too hyped going into the game then let down hits you in the feels. As long as they are healthy going into the Playoffs and remain that way, that's all that matters. Wasn't a must win game just a barometer against teams like the Ravens

Was too hyped going into the game then let down hits you in the feels. As long as they are healthy going into the Playoffs and remain that way, that's all that matters. Wasn't a must win game just a barometer against teams like the Ravens

yup was hyped just to watch us get our *** handed to us. it’s different kind of L :lol:

gotta keep their eyes on the prize and run the table from here on out

Not concerned about the commanders in the slightest bit. Rams have been playing really well so that’s a bit of an eyebrow raiser.

Still, handle business and get the bye.

IMG_4485.jpeg

If playoffs started today I wouldn’t be shocked if it was us and the Rams in the NFCCG.

Not concerned about the commanders in the slightest bit. Rams have been playing really well so that’s a bit of an eyebrow raiser.

Still, handle business and get the bye.

IMG_4485.jpeg

If playoffs started today I wouldn’t be shocked if it was us and the Rams in the NFCCG.
I wouldn't be surprised either. All the lower seeds are hot rn.

It was overshadowed by the Ravens win and the Raiders pulling an upset of their own yesterday.

But Philly looked pretty underwhelming against the Giants yesterday. Just like the 49ers and everyone else for that matter, they got 2 games to fix things. They’ll likely win that division due to who they end the season against, but they’re looking beatable.

That 4 vs 5 matchup (most likely Tampa vs Dallas), doesn’t look like the walk in the park it once was for the 5 seed either. Tampa is playing some good football and are going into January with momentum unlike last year when they stumbled in.

The Rams have been playing some good football too. They’re going to be a tough out. A potential Rams Lions wild card game would be fun with the Stafford Goff trade coming full circle.

Upon further review, that stat about being 0-38 when trailing by 8 or more entering the 4th since 2017 is wrong. Including last night it’s 27 games (not really any better) and only 6 of those games were 8 points. But here’s some more context:

21 games were 10 points or more.
13 games were 14 points or more.
11 games were 17 or more.
8 games were 20 or more.
2 games were 28 or more.
1 game was a 30 point deficit.

Is that stat overblown? I think so. Realistically, who is winning those kinds of games?

Amazing how many people are rejoicing in Brock having a bad game. The dude is in his 2nd season and first as a full time starter. How many qbs was a leading mvp candidate in their 2nd season. He'll also most likely finish the season with the most passing yards by a 49ers qb in a season. Looking at the fact that he was the last pick and is in his second season, he's almost supposed to have a really bad game or games, every now and then.

Amazing how many people are rejoicing in Brock having a bad game. The dude is in his 2nd season and first as a full time starter. How many qbs was a leading mvp candidate in their 2nd season. He'll also most likely finish the season with the most passing yards by a 49ers qb in a season. Looking at the fact that he was the last pick and is in his second season, he's almost supposed to have a really bad game or games, every now and then.

It’s just the typical in the moment reactionary sports takes. If the energy wasn’t the same with the praise when he was playing good and they weren’t just as visible during those games, I can’t respect it. Especially with some of those sports media types who rather just double down on the bs after a bad game after weeks of silence.

He’s having a very good season for a 2nd year qb drafted in any round. And he didn’t even make his first start his rookie year until week 14.

At the very minimum he’s been a top 10 qb this season if we’re looking at the entire body of work, good games, the occasional bad game and everything inbetween. Again very impressive for a 2nd year qb drafted in any round. I thought some of the MVP talk was a stretch, but the fact that he was even in that conversation, that’s something you haven’t seen from a 49ers qb in ages.

Back
Top Bottom