:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What’s worse is that at least during the past few seasons, at least the Warriors won a championship. Giants are one of the most pathetic and worst run teams in the MLB, Sharks and Earthquakes are pure garbage, Warriors are most likely aging out…there wasn’t much else to look forward to for Bay Area sports this year and in upcoming years :lol:

Dude relax. Some of our teams are in a small downturn but we enjoyed 3 baseball championships and 4 basketball championships over the last decade+. Some cities never even have 1 championship across all 4 major sports, let alone a super bowl appearance. The 49er core is still intact, it's a matter of how they keep the group together this offseason and maybe see who else they can bring in.

Still ****ing numb man…

We almost had it… CMC fumble near the end zone… missed PAT… muffed Punt/hit off the foot… Dre injuring his achilles… Feleciano getting injured too… Deebo/Kittle/Jayir Brown getting hurt for some time as well… all that misfortune and it still went to OT… to have a chance… Niners won TOP as well… but at the end it was just too much to overcome…

Kyle didn’t run when he should’ve run IMO…first and second down should be runs to make third down an easier first down completion, our third down efficiency was only 3-12 coz of Kyle mismanaging the plays… when will he ever learn? Maybe third times the charm for him?

TBH even I didn’t know about that new rule until it flashed on the tv screen… I was like wtf is this shiiii… had to look it up later on… and of course it was from a Chiefs game against the Bills crying that made them change the rule…

Although defense played pretty well… Why do they give up so many yards in zone scheme?

Feel like every time chiefs completed a pass, the nearest defender was 10-15yds away… The same thing happened against the lions

Although defense played pretty well… Why do they give up so many yards in zone scheme?

Feel like every time chiefs completed a pass, the nearest defender was 10-15yds away… The same thing happened against the lions

chiefs always feast of zone. that’s why they were hiding it as man coverage. once they figured that out it was a wrap

don’t forget taking the ball to start OT, huge mistake

Romo talked about this briefly. The defense had just finished regulation on the field and needed a breather which is probably why they decided to put the offense on the field first. Sucks because of course we would have preferred to respond.

Romo talked about this briefly. The defense had just finished regulation on the field and needed a breather which is probably why they decided to put the offense on the field first. Sucks because of course we would have preferred to respond.

doesn’t matter, always better to get possession knowing if you need 3 or 6. if they really don’t know the rule that’s a massive L on Kyle

While trying to forget this L. There’s just 2 things I ask to keep the window open for the foreseeable future.

1. Nail this upcoming draft. You need some cheap young talent on team friendly contracts who fit within the culture of the organization who can help lessen the blow when some of the vets on the current roster ultimately end up being salary cap casualties. This is essentially going to be their first year with a first round pick that should play regularly since 2020. They survived it. But the lack of first round pick draft capital that was spent on an all time bust. That could’ve been more roster depth and potential difference makers.

2. Purdy needs to take the next step. He had a very good season while staying healthy. The staying healthy part is huge. Given he didn’t make his first start until week 14 his rookie season and then had a major devastating injury which disrupted his entire offseason. I think it’s safe to say he exceeded all expectations for him in his second season. It being just his second season is overlooked in all of this.

But he needs to get even better, and I think he absolutely can. He’s going to get a major payday next year. That’s the name of the game, qb’s ultimately get that bag. With that comes more responsibility. He’s going to need to be able to make guys better when the talent on offense isn’t what it currently is right now. The fact he was able to effectively distribute the ball to other guys when KC locked up his top weapons. I’ll give credit there. He played a smart game and avoided costly turnovers. Hell he only turned the ball over once the entire playoffs.

If Purdy can take that next step and go from very good to elite. The window stays open for a while even with inevitable roster turnover. I think it’s reasonable to expect even more improvement from him in season 3. I said it last night. But the Mr. Irrelevant feel good story novelty has been long over. Now it’s time for him to take the next step after a very good season and solidify them having a franchise qb for years to come.

doesn’t matter, always better to get possession knowing if you need 3 or 6. if they really don’t know the rule that’s a massive L on Kyle

I know. I'm just trying to provide some context as to why they may have went with that decision to receive first. I'm sure there was discussion from the defense on needing a break. But if it really true that they didn't understand OT rules for superbowl, that's unacceptable.

I get the holding gripes. But it’s bigger than that to me. They played not to lose late. That ultimately sunk them in. If they finish the job last night. They get that championship pedigree and become one of those teams to where other fanbases are constantly complaining about them getting all the calls.

For now they remain on the outside looking in though.

Kyle is really far down the list of things to blame for this loss. There are far too many people calling for his head or putting this L on him.

-CMC fumble
-Greenlaw fluke injury
-punt off of a foot
-Deebo no show
-Aiyuk no show
-Kittle no show
-Kittle having to come off the field and a backup committed a huge hold
-Mckivitz blocking no one on 3rd and 4

If any of these things happen differently, we win the game yesterday. Tired of hearing people blame Kyle. Players need to execute.

Oh and blaming the refs is a major copout. Jones was held a lot too. This crew just doesnt call a lot of holds. It happened both ways.

Out of this list, I don't see a "MUST BRING BACK". Needs for the offseason IMO; Find Greenlaws temp replacement, maybe let gipson go and let Huf/brown run safety duties, strengthen the OL, and maybe take a look at Cornerbacks; will need to see if Womack can replace Ambry Thomas. Maybe even find some DL backups in the draft.

There’s a lot of interchangeable pieces on that list. The focus now turns to keeping the window open for the foreseeable future and to where it’s able to sustain the inevitable roster turnover and losing longtime faces which comes with the salary cap era NFL. They gotta nail this upcoming draft.

As for Kyle Shanahan. I’m trying to veer away from some of the drunken in the moment takes I had last night and look at him objectively. He’s a very good coach. He’s played a big part in transforming the culture within the organization. You can’t deny any of that. If the 49ers have a bad season and they fire him next year. He would be at the top of the list for any team who has a head coaching vacancy.

Some of his late game decision making absolutely deserves scrutiny. He’s gotta wear the label of being the offensive coordinator of 28-3 and the coach of Super Bowl teams who blew late leads until he gets over that hump. That’s the nature of the game. Look how Andy Reid was viewed during his Philly days and even early in KC tenure prior to Mahomes. Kyle needs to wear the scrutiny, a lot of it which is deserved. But ultimately he needs to learn from it and not let it define him.

People see Andy Reid as the guy who was the coach of a team who won 3 super bowls in 5 seasons. No one remembers him as the coach of teams who lost 3 straight NFC championship games, threw away a Super Bowl due to poor clock management and proceeded to lose another NFC championship.

If they get over the hump with Kyle Shanahan as the coach. The narrative changes the very second the clock hits 0 and confetti falls.

And at the very least if you’re not going to defer, then you really can’t settle for the FG. Not saying they should’ve gone for it on 4th and 4 but you gotta run it on 3rd and 4.

Even if you say CMC was bottled up yesterday, he was averaging 3.6ypc. 3.6 yards on 3rd and 4 is getting us a first down or 4th and inches. I’ll take that every time knowing mahomes is getting the ball back

Back
Top Bottom