:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pacheco averaged 3.3/carry and reid didn’t go consecutive drives without handing it off to him. the fake handoff to Pacheco is what got bosa off his spot and opened up a clear running lane for mahomes on 4th and 1.

CMC has shown multiple this this season that once it’s later in the game and the defensive line is wearing down, he can get chunk yards and potentially rip off a big 20-30 yarder even if he’s having a slow first half.

beyond not running with cmc, what was infuriating about kyle’s play calling was constantly going empty set and lining up cmc as a wide receiver. If you want to use him as a receiver, why not a wheel route out of the backfield?

With the amount of pressure chiefs were bringing, why leave brock out to dry like that? Juice is an all pro FB for a ****ing reason, he’s an elite blocker and a 6th lineman. Romo said it multiple times, go true I formation and run it, or at least make them think there’s a threat of running.

Shanny is better than a vast majority of nfl coaches and we’re lucky to have him but ****ing god damn it this dude always ****ing out smarts himself
All of This right here. Shanny a bum.

No one blocks Chris Jones, their best pass rusher and this is def Purdy’s fault right?

Only if Feliciano didn’t get hurt and was playing instead of whoever replaced him… and blocked the correct person then maybe Purdy would’ve saw BA wide open but he just didn’t have enough time

Pacheco averaged 3.3/carry and reid didn’t go consecutive drives without handing it off to him. the fake handoff to Pacheco is what got bosa off his spot and opened up a clear running lane for mahomes on 4th and 1.

CMC has shown multiple this this season that once it’s later in the game and the defensive line is wearing down, he can get chunk yards and potentially rip off a big 20-30 yarder even if he’s having a slow first half.

This is fair to say. But really the issue was that CMC didnt get a 1st down carry on the first two drives of the second half. Once he didnt get those, he wasnt getting them on 2nd and 3rd down because of poor execution/penalties. Thats why I dont buy the "we didnt run for the first 6 plays" thing. Were we supposed to run on 2nd and 15 and 2nd and 18? No, of course not. He could/should have gotten it on first down those 2 drives. But once he didnt, we were forced to pass.

This is fair to say. But really the issue was that CMC didnt get a 1st down carry on the first two drives of the second half. Once he didnt get those, he wasnt getting them on 2nd and 3rd down because of poor execution/penalties. Thats why I dont buy the "we didnt run for the first 6 plays" thing. Were we supposed to run on 2nd and 15 and 2nd and 18? No, of course not. He could/should have gotten it on first down those 2 drives. But once he didnt, we were forced to pass.

Guy Haberman said essentially this. Not running it first on those two drives and getting behind the sticks made it so they couldn’t run on 2nd. But that’s on Shanahan and his play call. People will blame purdy for not moving the ball or throwing for negative yardage on first down but both those plays would have been sacks if he doesn’t get rid of it.

One thing he Purdy needs to do on that -8 yard pass to Jauan is just throw it at his feet so he can’t catch it for a loss.

Man… Deebo had 11 targets… and only caught 3 of them for 33 yards… I know a couple of those balls were uncatchable but a lot were good balls… I know that ball thrown in the end zone should’ve been a DPI because the defender hooked his arm and could only use one arm to catch but of course no flag coz it’s the Chiefs…

Also, Kittle had 4 yards the whole game? Man that is so disappointing…

Anything under 4 yards per carry is bad. You cant come up with these silly equations.

The ball was in Brocks hands. Brock did nothing. Shanny trusted him to do something but nothing happened. Chiefs wanted Brock to throw because they know the truth
So, now not only is Brock not supposed to have talented teammates…he’s no longer supposed to have an OLine??? He’s just supposed to play 1 v 11 then throw it to himself??? I bet you think this is who he is supposed to be.

dog-sea.gif

I’m more mad at him not deferring than I am at him kicking the field goal when it comes to overtime. ****s like baseball with the new overtime format. Let them go first and see what they do and your possession is like the bottom of the 9th where you know exactly what you need to do to counter.

But I’m really more mad at him not going for it on 4th and 2 with a 1 minute and some change left. The goal is to have more points than the Chiefs when the clock hits 0. Not to have more points with a minute left.

The reward, being able to milk the clock down to damn near 0 while making KC use their timeouts and kicking a field goal while all but assuring Mahomes doesn’t get the ball back is well worth the risk of them not converting, and KC drives down the field and kicks a field goal to win it in regulation. Hell KC almost won it in regulation anyway, but down 3 with 2 timeouts and a minute and some change left wasn’t going to deter Mahomes.
Too bad you ain't the coach cause you're smarter than Shanahan. Otherwise you would've won the game for us with the way you think strategically.

I still cannot fathom how anyone could put this game on Kyle. Our best skill players didn't show up. The only touchdown the Chiefs scored in regulation was on a fluke. Greenlaw had a fluke injury that unlocked Kelce.

There is a ton of reasons we lost. Kyle is very low down the list.

Yup.

Obviously, he isn’t going anywhere, but they need to bring in a person who sole responsibility is decision-making during crunch time.

I don’t even fully blame Kyle on that, it’s just way too much for one person to manage.

Many coaches don’t run the offense or defense. Their sole job is to make those types of decisions.
Kyle's EGO continues to get the best of him yet he hasn't proven he can win the big one therefore his EGO should never be in play.

Kyle isn't as smart as he thinks he is

The Chiefs wanted Brock to throw. End of discussion. Dude is trash

you’re not having a discussion though, you post nonsense and run form questions :lol:

-doesn’t have common sense
-can’t do simple match
-doesn’t know what a discussion is

you’re the tom brady of **** posting, ‘grats

7 stages of grief. Could be copuim, but we are gonna be back

That Lombardi was there for the taking, we just simply were not good enough. What’s wild is even though that was the case, we still had a very good opportunity to win the game but we did not take advantage of our big plays and also made a few bad ones of our own. Defense came to play which was awesome but the same can certainly can be said for KC’s defense as well.

I’m not all doom and gloom like some, and thats completely fair to feel that way if you do, but while some criticism of Shanny and Purdy is fair (esp in a Super Bowl) there were a couple of mistakes that were made that both the coach and qb had no control over that ended up being costly. Cmc fumbling early on a nice drive, that muffed punt ****ery, missed extra point, KC’s blocked fg that went in, Greenlaw tearing his achilles celebrating to name a few

It sucks and there are a number of people to blame but we just cannot make those mistakes and then blame everything on the scapegoats (coach and qb)

Just my opinion

Sidenote—salary cap isnt really a thing if you know how to mess with it :lol: i really hope we can keep Jennings and Gip but if Jauan gets offered a bag somewhere i get it

Back
Top Bottom