:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You going to great lengths just to prove a point bro lol

I'll admit I'm wrong if Kyle chooses Fields. I'll be the first one here to do it too.

But if SF selects Big Mac Daddy Bama Boy or Wilson (remember you said you are 100% certain the Jets are choosing Zach so don't act like you never said it when the time comes).....

Man oh man, time to start marinating that crow

I couldn’t give two ****s about being right or wrong. If the 49ers select Wilson I’m cool with it. If the 49ers select Fields I’m cool with it. If the 49ers select Lance I’m cool with it.

If the 49ers select Mac I’m cool with it, just a whole hell of a lot less excited about it. At the end of the day I would get excited about every single one of those QBs other than Mac. If we end up selecting Mac so be it, but it’s not going to be a pick that excites me as a fan.

But you seem to be too dumb to understand that concept

I couldn’t give two ****s about being right or wrong.

But you seem to be too dumb to understand that concept

Lmaoooooo, you dont gotta lie to kick it.

If you didn't give two ***** bout beingvright or wrong, why have you spent half your shift trying to prove that I'm wrong about Fields/Lanve while you try and show us with tweets that have been regurgitated a million times just to prove how Fields SHOULD BE a better choice than Mac Jones or anyone else for that matter and why "extra dimension QBs" have won 2 of the last 15 plus Suoer Bowls therefore Niners should select one even though extra dimension QBs have only won the Big Game like 2% of the time.

I don't expect you to understand the above concept as well but don't trip bro, you probably not dumb. You probably got an Associate's Degree right?

Last edited:
Lmaoooooo, you dont gotta lie to kick it.

If you didn't give two ***** bout beingvright or wrong, why have you spent half your shift trying to prove that I'm wrong about Fields/Lanve while you try and show us with tweets that have been regurgitated a million times just to prove how Fields SHOULD BE a better choice than Mac Jones or anyone else for that matter and why "extra dimension QBs" have won 2 of the last 15 plus Suoer Bowls therefore Niners should select one even though extra dimension QBs have only won the Big Game like 2% of the time.

Now that's dumb.

Again, as a fan I don’t care about right or wrong. I only care about what is going to excite me.

Jimmy G never really excited me with the way he played. Brian Hoyer never excited me with the way he played. Nick Mullens never excited me with the way he played. CJ Beathard certainly never excited me with the way he played.

I, as a fan, want to root for a player who excites me. Justin Fields has an exciting play style, huge arm, and throws it deep well. He can also move well inside and outside the pocket. His play style excites me and I’d like to watch it every Sunday. I’m not as excited with Wilson, but he is much better than Mac Jones in terms of exciting me as a fan. Therefore as a fan who watches this team every week, I’d like the 49ers to pick a guy who is going to be enjoyable to watch.

I’m not sure what the hell is so hard to understand about this?

Just get the pick right. Hopefully the scouts and guys developing talent nail it. If it were to end up being Mac Jones. I’m sure the response will be lukewarm at best and that’s understandable. But if he ultimately pans out, making the unpopular move will be worth it.

They got the next 30 days to evaluate these guys, work them out, interview them, get to know their character and get a sense for their work ethic or lack thereof, and do all the necessary homework to make a well rounded judgement on a franchise altering move.

You’ve had guys who are supposed to be for sure things not live up to expectations. There’s been guys picked later who’ve had all the intangibles and have flourished.

If the talent and work ethic are there. The 49ers in their current state are the perfect landing spot for any of these guys to have a successful career.

On another note. While you have the rare exceptions like Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell who were just trash no matter what.

There’s a lot of qb’s who don’t pan out due to the situations they get drafted into. Imagine being a rookie qb on the mid to late 90’s Bengals. The Jets have had issue after issue. Add to this crappy coaching, constant roster turnover, constant turnover at the offensive coordinator position.

Some of these organizations straight fail their players. Hell we saw it first hand with Alex Smith. Now he never was going to have the career Aaron Rodgers had, but he’s proven to be a decent player that’s managed to have a long career in this league. But the 49ers did him no favors in the mid to late 00’s in his early years when he was supposed to be the savior. Some of the worst possible coaching, new offensive coordinators every season. He was damn near ruined by the time they got some stability when Harbaugh took over.

Either way the 49ers go seems like the top 5 qbs are high character people and have high work eithic. I trust the organization on whatever route they go. One thing I do know is theres a lot of false rumors going around.

you all still wilding but it's pretty simple there's 3 Qbs at the top Lawrence Wilson fields we're gonna get whoever the other two teams don't pick

Jim Mora Jr. Expects the 49ers Will Draft Zach Wilson
"You have to remember there is a relationship between the Jets and the 49ers now that didn't exist before. And so, conversations may have been had."

GRANT COHNMAR 29, 2021

I did a four-part interview with former NFL head coach and 49ers defensive coordinator Jim Mora Jr. on Monday.

Here's Part 2.
Q: Assuming the 49ers take a quarterback with the No. 3 pick in the draft, which quarterback do you think they'll take?

MORA Jr.: "I hope Zach Wilson is there. I think what they're assuming here is that Jacksonville takes Trevor Lawrence -- I think that's a given. And the Jets at No. 2 either shock the world and take Penei Sewell the offensive tackle because they have conviction about Sam Darnold. Or they take Justin Fields because they want that type of quarterback. And the 49ers get Zach. He is the perfect fit for Kyle Shanahan's offense. Are there going to be some growing pains? Yes. But when you look at the skillset, what he did at his Pro Day, the throws he can make inside the pocket, his ability to get outside the pocket and make throws, he's a special player. He's a franchise player. He's a guy who's going to win a Super Bowl at some point in his career. And if that's the 49ers' guy and they get him, they're not going to worry about the draft picks they gave up."

Q: How confident are you that Zach Wilson is the 49ers' target and he'll be there for them at No. 3? Or do you think the Jets and 49ers will swap draft picks in a draft-day trade?

MORA Jr.: "You have to remember there is a relationship between the Jets and the 49ers now that didn't exist before. And so, conversations may have been had. But we don't know that. We have to assume that the 49ers are 100-percent that they're going to get their guy."

And that guy worth trading 3 first rounders for ain't named Justin, Trey, or the Big Mac Tiddy Daddy of the South.

Y'all already know.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Jets protect their Darnold investment and draft a franchise O-Lineman in Sewell, leaving Zach and Fields available for Kyle and Lynch.

Should this happen and should Kyle select Wilson over Fields/Lance, would it then erase all doubt about what type of "prototypical, extra dimensional" QB Kyle really wants for this team?

Time to go smoke this bleezy and visualize Big Zach Daddy Wilson in Niner red and gold.

Last edited:
Jim Mora Jr. Expects the 49ers Will Draft Zach Wilson
"You have to remember there is a relationship between the Jets and the 49ers now that didn't exist before. And so, conversations may have been had."

GRANT COHNMAR 29, 2021

I did a four-part interview with former NFL head coach and 49ers defensive coordinator Jim Mora Jr. on Monday.

Here's Part 2.
Q: Assuming the 49ers take a quarterback with the No. 3 pick in the draft, which quarterback do you think they'll take?
MORA Jr.: "I hope Zach Wilson is there. I think what they're assuming here is that Jacksonville takes Trevor Lawrence -- I think that's a given. And the Jets at No. 2 either shock the world and take Penei Sewell the offensive tackle because they have conviction about Sam Darnold. Or they take Justin Fields because they want that type of quarterback. And the 49ers get Zach. He is the perfect fit for Kyle Shanahan's offense. Are there going to be some growing pains? Yes. But when you look at the skillset, what he did at his Pro Day, the throws he can make inside the pocket, his ability to get outside the pocket and make throws, he's a special player. He's a franchsie player. He's a guy who's going to win a Super Bowl at some point in his career. And if that's the 49ers' guy and they get him, they're not going to worry about the draft picks they gave up."

Q: How confident are you that Zach Wilson is the 49ers' target and he'll be there for them at No. 3? Or do you think the Jets and 49ers will swap draft picks in a draft-day trade?
MORA Jr.: "You have to remember there is a relationship between the Jets and the 49ers now that didn't exist before. And so, conversations may have been had. But we don't know that. We have to assume that the 49ers are 100-percent that they're going to get their guy."
the-free-press-tampa-chance.gif

This 3rd pick got yall boys in here tripping.

im so disappointed in red. I thought this was NT Niner FAMILY and he left us when we needed him the most

That’s my fear... Jets switching up on the popular belief they are locked in on Wilson, and going with Fields instead. I think yesterday could have changed some minds in favor of Fields 🤦🏻‍♂️

So is everyone 100% certain like junglejim that the Jets are for sure taking Wilson?

All I got is leaks from the Jets and the fact that this trade happened right after Zach Wilson’s pro day.

https://twitter.com/MMehtaSports/status/1375512726957518850?s=20

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1375488849409871876?s=20

https://twitter.com/TheJetsWire/status/1375787713958404097?s=20

One things for certain, the Jets are selecting a QB or they are one of the dumbest organizations in all of sports for not trading out of that spot. The fact that the trade happened right after Wilson’s pro day makes it seem like he is a forgone conclusion at 2. I could be wrong though

Last edited:
The possibilities of false info and smoke screens are strong right now, but let’s hope those are legit reports. It does all make sense. The timing of the trade especially.

The possibilities of false info and smoke screens are strong right now, but let’s hope those are legit reports. It does all make sense. The timing of the trade especially.

Oh for sure. I refuse to believe that Lynch and Shanny did this trade without knowing who the Jets were selecting at 2 so they gotta be pretty confident they are getting the guy they wanted. Given half that staff came from here I don’t think that’s an unreasonable assessment.

Either that or the Jets are the Giants in terms of incompetence and are going to stay put to take a running back:lol:

Back
Top Bottom