:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
9ers gonna need to give Fangio the job to keep him
pimp.gif

Do the right thing Jed...

Apparently 49ers asked permission to interview Lions DC Teryl Austin. Bringing in a defensive head coach other than Fangio makes absolutely no sense. Either we have to hire Fangio or convince him to be like **** LeBeau and stay on as DC. It's clear that the players want Fangio and we can't afford to have any more friction in the locker room.

I'm hoping we hire Mike Holmgren and he's able to convince Fangio to stay on as DC. Holmgren has developed both Favre and Hasslebeck and if he's ablso to do the same with Kap we should be in good shape for years to come. We need to get back to the WCO and who better than Holmgren who I believe is in the Walsh coaching tree.

What's with all these DC interviews enough with the foolery!!!!!
I'll say this again WE NEED AN OFFENSIVE GURU PERIOD experience with the WCO

Last edited:
Apparently 49ers asked permission to interview Lions DC Teryl Austin. Bringing in a defensive head coach other than Fangio makes absolutely no sense. Either we have to hire Fangio or convince him to be like **** LeBeau and stay on as DC. It's clear that the players want Fangio and we can't afford to have any more friction in the locker room.

I'm hoping we hire Mike Holmgren and he's able to convince Fangio to stay on as DC. Holmgren has developed both Favre and Hasslebeck and if he's ablso to do the same with Kap we should be in good shape for years to come. We need to get back to the WCO and who better than Holmgren who I believe is in the Walsh coaching tree.

Keep in mind the Rooney rule too so their interest in Teryl Austin may not be as deep as it may look on the surface.

Keep in mind the Rooney rule too so their interest in Teryl Austin may not be as deep as it may look on the surface.

Lol yea I totally forgot about that rule. That would definitely explain it but it doesn't explain why we're interviewing Rex Ryan. Interviewing any defensive coaches outside of Tomsula and Fangio baffles me. Our defense was top 5, it's our offense that needs fixing.

What does everyone think of Doug Marrone? I don't know much about him other than that he got the Bills to a winning record and did some pretty good things at Syracuse.

Lol yea I totally forgot about that rule. That would definitely explain it but it doesn't explain why we're interviewing Rex Ryan. Interviewing any defensive coaches outside of Tomsula and Fangio baffles me. Our defense was top 5, it's our offense that needs fixing.

What does everyone think of Doug Marrone? I don't know much about him other than that he got the Bills to a winning record and did some pretty good things at Syracuse.

Same with you; don't know much aside from his time with Bills and Syracuse.

Not that this is the sole reason but apparently Rex had a hard on for Kap as far back as August 2012 (about 3 months before Kap became mainstream to NFL fans) when he was just gushing about him in an article where he said he was hoping Kap would be available after 3rd round for Jets.

Anybody's thoughts on Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell? He seems to get flamed every now and then by Seahawks fans but you figure if he could implement similar style of offense that has had Russ Wilson flourishing for Kap, that Kap would be more effective.

Haven't seen anything about him interviewing for Niners job though.

Last edited:
Same with you; don't know much aside from his time with Bills and Syracuse.

Not that this is the sole reason but apparently Rex had a hard on for Kap as far back as August 2012 (about 3 months before Kap became mainstream to NFL fans) when he was just gushing about him in an article where he said he was hoping Kap would be available after 3rd round for Jets.

Anybody's thoughts on Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell? He seems to get flamed every now and then by Seahawks fans but you figure if he could implement similar style of offense that has had Russ Wilson flourishing for Kap, that Kap would be more effective.

Haven't seen anything about him interviewing for Niners job though.

I know Seahawks fans berate him constantly. From what I've seen, he doesn't run anything to special. Lynch carries the offense and Wilson's scrambling ability makes it look better than what it actually is. I thought I heard something about us interviewing him but not sure. I don't really have any interest in him but that's because I'm completely set on Holmgren lol.

Last edited:
how long has holgrem been out of football?

not sure he's even going to be considered, i'm calling it: fangio hc, tomsula dc and oc up in the air not sure.

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Hearing it’s certain #49ers DC Vic Fangio would make DB coach Ed Donatell his DC if he becomes a head coach.

I'm fine with that... I really want Fangio to stay

Just need a really good OC that will play to Kaeps strengths

I wish they would let Kaep run an offense like Oregon's...
mark helfrich bruh. i've been advocating him for awhile now.

finally home from a small vacation. time to sit down and watch the trent/jed debacle, harbaugh's UM introductory, CFP and NFLP.
pimp.gif
 bad week to be MIA. so much football stuff going on.

Last edited:
mark helfrich bruh. i've been advocating him for awhile now.

finally home from a small vacation. time to sit down and watch the trent/jed debacle, harbaugh's UM introductory, CFP and NFLP. :pimp:  bad week to be MIA. so much football stuff going on.

I'm jealous :lol:

The offensive coordinator has the call in within 2 seconds of the last play :x

Back
Top Bottom