:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sucks that this is how it ends. Has this injury been existant while he was playing, could this has been why Kap was playing poor.

Sucks that this is how it ends. Has this injury been existant while he was playing, could this has been why Kap was playing poor.
sounds like hes having surgery. guess the injury is real. its on his non-throwing shoulder.

Last edited:
lol kap getting his before he gets released/traded this offseason. i think this guarantees his 12mil.
 Adam Schefter  ‏@AdamSchefter  
Colin Kaepernick told 49ers on Friday he wants to have surgery on his non-throwing shoulder, per source. Thus, IR. Thus, season over.

Last edited:
Wonder if the higher ups will believe that the shoulder affected his play thus bringing him back next season. Doubt it tho cuz they'll be paying him a lot.

Dang I'm thinking either Kaep did this to possibly collect his guaranteed money, or the higher ups presented Kaep with a deal for Kaep to agree to have surgery in return for a good amount of money in exchange, essentially ridding the 49ers of quarterback questions and controversy for the rest of the season and placing Kaep as the scapegoat for this season and a reason to release him next season.

The writing's been on the wall forever now but feels surreal knowing this likely signifies the end of the Kap era :wow: :\

As much as most of us 49er fans (including myself) became frustrated with his lack of progression as a NFL QB and eventually giving up/turning on him, can't ignore and have to respect and appreciate the good memories he helped give us 49er fans.

Amazing how quick and rapid his downfall happened. Picture definition of a shooting star shining big time early on and then quickly flaming out to nowhere.

Yea, no doubt he should NOT be 100% credited for all the great memories we had during the Harbaugh era but at same time, he's not 100% in blame of all the pitfalls that fell from him either. Perfect storm of BS politics and poor personnel management from York on down.

I have to say it's somewhat ironic and tragic Kap's 49ers career playing out almost the exact opposite of Alex Smith's 49er career:

Alex - started off with huge expectations of being savior as #1 overall pick and we went through 6 years of nothing but little signs of promise and plenty amounts of anger, frustration and doubt on him before he turned it around and was seemingly on his way out as Harbaugh came in before we enjoyed a solid 1.5 seasons of "good Alex Smith quarterbacking" before he lost his job to Kap.

Final end result: Alex leaving 49ers with good/sympathetic taste in 49er fans' mouths.

Kap - started off with little to no expectations just being a seemingly project/prospect QB that often merited big debates on if he would be better than Alex. Then took league by storm (whether or not he deserved that hype since 49ers were just a great team overall coinciding with time he took over) and delivered big moments and highlights for us right away. Then the next 2 seasons just took a nosedive for him and the team.

Final end result: Kap leaving bad taste in 49er fans' mouths.

Just frustrating that it became apparent that Kap never truly learned or knew how in the first place how to be a true QB. It was all his athleticism and smoke and mirrors that was beautifully enabled by all the great talent we had before this past season.

Last edited:
The downfall started when they tried turning him into a pocket passer
this the NFL, tho. the rules and the nature of the game are predicated around throwing the ball from the pocket. there's no way in hell you can afford to allocate a significant amount of money towards a running QB.

So contract wise what exactly does this move mean??.....does he still gets his contract money and we can't just cut him, is there a chance they bring him back because of this??

I just seen this posted somewhere....this is saying he will get paid correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited:
That 11 is pending April 1st physical. He'll be healthy by then. 

The rest is guaranteed money is for career-ending injury, which this is not.

I hope Trent can get something decent in return for Kap. Anything close to what he got for Alex will be pretty good.

Last edited:
That 11 is pending April 1st physical. He'll be healthy by then. 

The rest is guaranteed money is for career-ending injury, which this is not.

I hope Trent can get something decent in return for Kap. Anything close to what he got for Alex will be pretty good.

Hopefully he does a little better with the picks this time around. This is what the two picks turned into.

Tank Carradine, DE (second round, 2013)
Corey Lemonier, LB (third round, 2013)
Carlos Hyde, RB (second round, 2014)
Chris Borland, LB (third round, 2014)
Stevie Johnson, WR (trade for 2015 fourth-round pick)

mean.gif

this the NFL, tho. the rules and the nature of the game are predicated around throwing the ball from the pocket. there's no way in hell you can afford to allocate a significant amount of money towards a running QB.

Not that I think it's worth it, but Russell got paid and he's the same exact QB to me... They'll never convert him into a pocket passer first, runner second

They knew the type of QB he was, played like that all throughout college...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom