:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks @ Qwest 9/12:::

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Beermann2

I didn't see the 3rd quarter, but was it really smith fault or the o-lines fault?

The interceptions both were Crabtree's fault.  You cant put those on him.  What you can put on him are the countless off target passes, the missed pass on 4th that would have resulted in a TD, and his inability to find an open receiver.  And our OLine played like #%*+ as well.
I completely agree, it was a collective loss and there's a lot of players to blame, not only Alex. Today just showed how young we still are as a team, it's hard for young teams to comeback from a rut, to overcome mistakes, and most of all, stay poised and stick with the game-plan. Mark my words, we will definitely learn from this loss and a deficit like this will not happen again this season.

I didn't see the 3rd quarter, but was it really smith fault or the o-lines fault?

The interceptions both were Crabtree's fault.  You cant put those on him.  What you can put on him are the countless off target passes, the missed pass on 4th that would have resulted in a TD, and his inability to find an open receiver.  And our OLine played like #%*+ as well.
I completely agree, it was a collective loss and there's a lot of players to blame, not only Alex. Today just showed how young we still are as a team, it's hard for young teams to comeback from a rut, to overcome mistakes, and most of all, stay poised and stick with the game-plan. Mark my words, we will definitely learn from this loss and a deficit like this will not happen again this season.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

marked.

marked.

Agree with most of what you said. I think the coaches have to take some blame, not just players. Hated the play calling in the beginning. The running game wasn't doing too well, but they kept on going to it. It's not like it was bad, but it was clear that the movement was coming from the air, so why not try and exploit that until SEA had to adjust? Then you could try and bring in the run game. And it wasn't until they started getting blown out before they finally decided to jump into the passing game more. By then it's too late and the team clearly didn't have the confidence they had earlier.

I don't really blame Smith that much. I don't think he's the QB of the future, but he's the best they have right now. He was doing well in the beginning and other people were screwing up. That led to more pressure for Smith and he couldn't handle it, blowing some key plays.

Agree with most of what you said. I think the coaches have to take some blame, not just players. Hated the play calling in the beginning. The running game wasn't doing too well, but they kept on going to it. It's not like it was bad, but it was clear that the movement was coming from the air, so why not try and exploit that until SEA had to adjust? Then you could try and bring in the run game. And it wasn't until they started getting blown out before they finally decided to jump into the passing game more. By then it's too late and the team clearly didn't have the confidence they had earlier.

I don't really blame Smith that much. I don't think he's the QB of the future, but he's the best they have right now. He was doing well in the beginning and other people were screwing up. That led to more pressure for Smith and he couldn't handle it, blowing some key plays.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

I don't really blame Smith that much. I don't think he's the QB of the future, but he's the best they have right now.
The 9ers Front office had plenty of chances to get a better QB, Mcnabb and Vick both come to mind. They could have made a move to pick up either one and flaked on both. I hope now since Trent Baalke is in charge he will have the guts to dump Alex "99 chances" Smith and bring in a real QB.

This has got to be the last year of this nonsense, Alex is F'n garbage, Carr been trash, Troy doesnt know the offense, and Nate is on the practice squad. Next Year our QBs should be Vick, Nate, & Troy!

I don't really blame Smith that much. I don't think he's the QB of the future, but he's the best they have right now.
The 9ers Front office had plenty of chances to get a better QB, Mcnabb and Vick both come to mind. They could have made a move to pick up either one and flaked on both. I hope now since Trent Baalke is in charge he will have the guts to dump Alex "99 chances" Smith and bring in a real QB.

This has got to be the last year of this nonsense, Alex is F'n garbage, Carr been trash, Troy doesnt know the offense, and Nate is on the practice squad. Next Year our QBs should be Vick, Nate, & Troy!

smh.gif

it's 1 game but if they better show some improvement between now and the saints game next week or this can get ugly fast.

saints at home, followed by a road game in kansas city which is always a tough place to play even when the chiefs suck and then a road game in atlanta.

they better get their heads out their %!*@% otherwise they could be looking at a 0-4 start.

it's 1 game but if they better show some improvement between now and the saints game next week or this can get ugly fast.

saints at home, followed by a road game in kansas city which is always a tough place to play even when the chiefs suck and then a road game in atlanta.

they better get their heads out their %!*@% otherwise they could be looking at a 0-4 start.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

And how is that Smith's fault? That's on the FO, not Smith. Like I said, blame goes around everywhere. I think Smith is taking too much flak when he was arguably their best player that first quarter and a half. It wasn't his fault other players didn't come through when they should have. Then there was all that pressure and Smith clearly couldn't handle it. That was his fault because he didn't come through then. And after that the whole team pretty much collapsed, not just Smith.

And how is that Smith's fault? That's on the FO, not Smith. Like I said, blame goes around everywhere. I think Smith is taking too much flak when he was arguably their best player that first quarter and a half. It wasn't his fault other players didn't come through when they should have. Then there was all that pressure and Smith clearly couldn't handle it. That was his fault because he didn't come through then. And after that the whole team pretty much collapsed, not just Smith.

wow...i'm glad i didn't watch this game i guess...was on a plane traveling across the country. definitely did not expect the score, but it's a 16-game season and as long as they learn from it, it'll be all right. meh

wow...i'm glad i didn't watch this game i guess...was on a plane traveling across the country. definitely did not expect the score, but it's a 16-game season and as long as they learn from it, it'll be all right. meh

Originally Posted by RoOk

People forget Seattle really is a talented team.
Seattle really is NOT a talented team.  They are average or below average pretty much all aspects of a football team.  
We just laid an egg.  Nothing more to say than that.  They were fired up and played with intensity.  We played passive and looked like we forgot the season started.  But to say "Seattle really is a talented team" is pretty silly.  

Seattle really is NOT a talented team.  They are average or below average pretty much all aspects of a football team.  
We just laid an egg.  Nothing more to say than that.  They were fired up and played with intensity.  We played passive and looked like we forgot the season started.  But to say "Seattle really is a talented team" is pretty silly.  

Salty much? Y'all got dominated, and to say Seattle doesn't have any talent is just condemning your team even further. You sound like a child who has gotten beat and can't give due respect, kinda pathetic. I'm sure after the Saints spank you guys next week you will say that they don't have any talent either. Many have written the Seahawks off, but people who see objectively can see that Seattle does have talent, and maybe the new coaching regime was what they needed to make the most of the talent that was dormant for the past few years.

Salty much? Y'all got dominated, and to say Seattle doesn't have any talent is just condemning your team even further. You sound like a child who has gotten beat and can't give due respect, kinda pathetic. I'm sure after the Saints spank you guys next week you will say that they don't have any talent either. Many have written the Seahawks off, but people who see objectively can see that Seattle does have talent, and maybe the new coaching regime was what they needed to make the most of the talent that was dormant for the past few years.

Spoken like a true Alexsexual full of Alexcuses.  For Alexsexuals, it is never Alex Smith fault's but someone else's fault whether it be the recievers, running back, offensive line, offensive coordinators and coaches.  I bet you want to give Alex Smith another chance, right?

Yes, it is Alex Smith's fault.  Had Alex Smith actually been accurate with his passes, like his pass to Moran Norris instead of being innaccurate like overthrowing Crabtree for an interception, the momentum would have swung the 49ers way.  But since the 49ers offense is so inept (all you need is to stop Gore and make Alex Smith throw a lot of passes to stop the offense), the defense is forced to gamble and make plays to carry the offense.

Back
Top Bottom