Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Nah each store is only getting a very small allocation, would rather grab them direct from SF and pay a little more than have to constantly be checking each store and stressing out about whether or not if get a pair.

To anybody crying about shipping time/updates, at least your pair is on the way. You could be still wondering if you'll even be able to grab a pair for retail or be forced to pay resale.

ain't nobody forced to do anything
Came to say this. This mentality is why re-sellers exist and still thrive. You aren't being forced to buy anything. You just end up enabling re-sellers to keep buying shoes to flip. Don't be that guy @504wh0dat   Move on... Other collabs will come that you can get at retail. 

Of course I'm not FORCED to do anything but if I choose to pay that surely isn't any of your business. Don't give me the line about "that mentality". People are gonna resell no matter what I do. Are other collabs coming that I could get for retail, sure, but if I strike out on these I'm gonna pay resale.

Last edited:
Of course I'm not FORCED to do anything but if I choose to pay that surely isn't any of your business. Don't give me the line about "that mentality". People are gonna resell no matter what I do. Are other collabs coming that I could get for retail, sure, but if I strike out on these I'm gonna pay resale.
QFT. Kushwhackers have been the only Saucony on my radar all year, if I can't get them for retail, I'm prepared to pay resale. I'll be salty as hell, but I'll do it if that's the only way I can get a pair. 

I am always confused as to why people get upset with re-sellers? I mean if you buy it retail your already buying from a re-seller, correct me if I'm wrong but your already paying probably double the cost of the shoe if you buy retail. Why are we not upset at kith, concepts, bait yada yada yada for charging double the price for every shoe they get? By patronizing any retail, grocery or electronic store you are contributing to re-sellers right? Clarity would be appreciated!!!

I am always confused as to why people get upset with re-sellers? I mean if you buy it retail your already buying from a re-seller, correct me if I'm wrong but your already paying probably double the cost of the shoe if you buy retail. Why are we not upset at kith, concepts, bait yada yada yada for charging double the price for every shoe they get? By patronizing any retail, grocery or electronic store you are contributing to re-sellers right? Clarity would be appreciated!!!
Most stores sell at the MSRP (manufacturers suggested retail price) but a few sell for more ( f them). Thats how the world works. Stores need to make money they cant sell at cost or they would be broke. 

Most stores sell at the MSRP (manufacturers suggested retail price) but a few sell for more ( f them). Thats how the world works. Stores need to make money they cant sell at cost or they would be broke. 
Yeah my point is why do people get upset. If we know people need to make money whether its big resellers like Kith or bait, or little independent dudes that just have the hook its the same idea is it not?
I just lost braincells from that stupidity
Thanks for constructive criticism, very helpful and insightful!

Yeah, but you have to realize that we as consumers have no way of getting items at their actual wholesale cost that companies get them for. Our only choice if we want the item is to pay the MSRP price that is set (if we're lucky enough.) I'm not mad at re-sellers, I just think it's silly to pay triple the cost of what a shoe is worth. But I don't want that to be construed as me telling people what to do with their money... that's their own choice. I'm just voicing my opinion and trying to remind people that you aren't forced or obligated to pay those ridiculous prices set by some re-seller. 

Yeah my point is why do people get upset. If we know people need to make money whether its big resellers like Kith or bait, or little independent dudes that just have the hook its the same idea is it not?
Shops charge MSRP which is more that the wholesale cost, yes, but individual resellers charge MSRP plus another 50-100 dollars. So people get upset because the resellers are making way more than the shops are. Its not like resellers get the pairs for wholesale and sell them for retail lol if that was the case then people wouldnt care. 

Spot about 45 minutes away is getting the kushwackers this weekend, but might not be in town  
ohwell.gif

Gonna see if they will let me do a phone order on the day of release seeing that i'm sort of a local 
laugh.gif

Yeah, but you have to realize that we as consumers have no way of getting items at their actual wholesale cost that companies get them for. Our only choice if we want the item is to pay the MSRP price that is set (if we're lucky enough.) I'm not mad at re-sellers, I just think it's silly to pay triple the cost of what a shoe is worth. But I don't want that to be construed as me telling people what to do with their money... that's their own choice. I'm just voicing my opinion and trying to remind people that you aren't forced or obligated to pay those ridiculous prices set by some re-seller. 

Shops charge MSRP which is more that the wholesale cost, yes, but individual resellers charge MSRP plus another 50-100 dollars. So people get upset because the resellers are making way more than the shops are. Its not like resellers get the pairs for wholesale and sell them for retail lol if that was the case then people wouldnt care. 
I get it I just would think if your ok buying retail which is already a adjusted inflated price then spending an extra 60-100 more on the next inflated ticket is just part of the consumer game. I mean a shop sells a shoe at 160 it means they spent 80 or less from the manufacturer so they cheese pretty hard off every GR they sell at a retail price. 

Thanks to both of y'all for some good conversation! If either of you is a size 12 PM I'll hook it with a steal if your interested n the 4-5 pairs I'm moving

Suggesting that shops are the same as resellers is pretty disrespectful imo. I'm sure most of the people who own / run shops have worked very hard to get where they are, to be able to buy direct from brands takes time and hard work. They have earned the privilege to buy at wholesale.

You don't go to the farm to buy your eggs, you buy them from a shop, who deal with individual customers. The mark up they put on the product covers their time and effort to keep a shop working, stock coming in and out, marketing, rent, bills etc. Without the mark up from the wholesale price these shops obviously wouldn't exist.

Resellers deny other people, who actually want the shoes, the opportunity to obtain a product at a fair price. There is no hard work in sitting at your pc, buying the latest release and sticking it on ebay.

Don't get me wrong, I've sold the odd pair above retail before but it's never my intention when purchasing to make money off them. I'll buy them if I like them, if they so happen to not fit right / I don't like them in hand or I just need too offload them then selling at a fair market price is acceptable imo.

It's when resellers have '4-5 pairs to move' that I think is the annoying thing to most collectors / people who actually want to wear them.

Seems like a lot of small boutiques and the usual spots getting the kushwhackers this weekend. Hope those who wants gets em, I just need one pair!

I think the term re-seller is being lost in translation and has a negative meaning associated with it…break down what any one who sells anything for a living does regardless of how much effort is put in, they get a product, mark it up and re-sell it at profit. Retail stores get a product ,mark it up and re-sell it. Drug dealers get a product, mark it up and re-sell it. How are they not re-sellers? I am aware that what we purchase at the price we purchase it at keeps stores open, employees employed  and keeps people from being a drain on society but couldn't you make the same argument for a single re-seller who does it to support himself or his family or just to put a little extra coin in the pocket because they have a ****** no paying job? I would argue your already buying a product at an unfair price when you buy it at retail..your already paying double the cost of the actual product/shoe so it's 100% mark-up which seems like a lot. Re-seller's want the shoe just as bad you or I they just want it for different reasons.

It certainly sucks to see a dude with 4-5 bags of shoes come out of a store you've been waiting in line at and immediately after the manager comes out and says "sold out", all bad! But I can't be too mad at the cat for trying to make money which is what damn near everyone on this earth is trying to do. All that being said I am Dr.ugolini, who do i get to bend over next? lol i kid i kid

Suggesting that shops are the same as resellers is pretty disrespectful imo. I'm sure most of the people who own / run shops have worked very hard to get where they are, to be able to buy direct from brands takes time and hard work. They have earned the privilege to buy at wholesale.

You don't go to the farm to buy your eggs, you buy them from a shop, who deal with individual customers. The mark up they put on the product covers their time and effort to keep a shop working, stock coming in and out, marketing, rent, bills etc. Without the mark up from the wholesale price these shops obviously wouldn't exist.

Resellers deny other people, who actually want the shoes, the opportunity to obtain a product at a fair price. There is no hard work in sitting at your pc, buying the latest release and sticking it on ebay.

Don't get me wrong, I've sold the odd pair above retail before but it's never my intention when purchasing to make money off them. I'll buy them if I like them, if they so happen to not fit right / I don't like them in hand or I just need too offload them then selling at a fair market price is acceptable imo.

It's when resellers have '4-5 pairs to move' that I think is the annoying thing to most collectors / people who actually want to wear them.

I don't have much respect for making a quick buck when it comes at people's inconvenience. I can't BLAME anyone, but I can certainly want them out of the way. Just like the dudes who feed the trolls in the first place.

A retailer serves a purpose and is valuable to manufacturers. A drug dealer is providing a service that - assuming other factors - is benefitting someone at no one else's harm/expense. I guess a good example of this is a medicinal dispensary.

Point being people who disrupt a market with less utility than if they didn't exist at all are never welcomed by me. They're parasitic in nature and provide no long term value to any market.

The reality is that any collectible market has peaks and valleys as parasites enter and leave the environment. In the long run parasites always lose. But that requires synergy amongst the affected parties. Nike has unfortunately set a bad tone for the entire industry. With Saucony, at least the prices tell the story. Even hyped releases come back down to earth or settle at %wise more reasonable cost in most cases because the quantity supplied for a niche sneaker enthusiast group better meets demand.

Back
Top Bottom