Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

All shops are doing in store only from the looks of it...so as it stands, for someone located in Houston Tx where there is zero chance at obtaining via a shop, SF was the best option for me.

Quote:
All shops are doing in store only from the looks of it...so as it stands, for someone located in Houston Tx where there is zero chance at obtaining via a shop, SF was the best option for me.
Many of the shops on the link I provided at the top of this page are doing online. Ok you will be paying a bit more than $140 but still better than resale and probably cheaper than SF.

Last edited:
I can't see them not being available in the US, I've never heard of some of those shops on that list so if they are getting them surely they will be available to you at some point.

I have these since day one. Copped on SF online release. I'm almost ashamed to admit I've never realized there was an S and F on the river lol. Oh well
Wow never noticed that...that's a sick touch. BushWhacker one of my most worn pairs.
eek.gif
im actually surprised u guys didn't know that lol. i picked up on that the day they dropped, but it is a small subtlety not easily realized.

Quantify your sizing comment please. Do you have other Saucony kicks to compare? How about compared to other popular runners like Nike Air Max or Asics GL3/5?
I'm a 10.5 in GL3

10 in GLV

10 in Gel Saga

10 in Gel Sights

10 in Air Max 90s

10 in Air Max 1s

9.5 in Ventilators

TTS for me is 10

Hope that helps!

Lol I'm glad hype is on backboards and yeezys.

These are much more limited but don't demand the hype which is sweet.

I'm a 10.5 in GL3

10 in GLV

10 in Gel Saga

10 in Gel Sights

10 in Air Max 90s

10 in Air Max 1s

9.5 in Ventilators

TTS for me is 10

Hope that helps!
Definitely helps others, I'm sure.  Personally I'm not a fan of all that purple on the kw's or the grid sd model in particular.

Lol I'm glad hype is on backboards and yeezys.

These are much more limited but don't demand the hype which is sweet.

Thing is...they'll still fly. The people going for them aren't deterred by those other two drops, in this day and age.....10 pairs could drop Saturday and they'll all get cleaned out by their respective markets.

Thing is...they'll still fly. The people going for them aren't deterred by those other two drops, in this day and age.....10 pairs could drop Saturday and they'll all get cleaned out by their respective markets.

I haven't been into any of the yeezys that have ever released, and I really really like the 350.

It def appeals to the runner market.

I won't pay the prices they will be asking on the resale market thats for sure.

I haven't been into any of the yeezys that have ever released, and I really really like the 350.

It def appeals to the runner market.

I won't pay the prices they will be asking on the resale market thats for sure.
Yea Kanye and the Adidas design team definitely know who to appeal to with their shoes. Not surprised about it tbh.

Last edited:
The new yeezy highs that first released are trash :smh: but the lows are solid. Even with me being low on cash I want to try to cop.

Nice to see my only options to cop are to pay resale or buy overseas and pay the equivalent of resale to the Canadian government... The shoe version of Sophie's Choice.

While we scramble to have next to no hope on the Sneaker Freaker SDs, YouTube dude are getting free pairs. If Saucony can send free pairs, they should put some up on their own .com for the masses to attempt. That said, I just really want this shoe but will not pay resell.

While we scramble to have next to no hope on the Sneaker Freaker SDs, YouTube dude are getting free pairs. If Saucony can send free pairs, they should put some up on their own .com for the masses to attempt. That said, I just really want this shoe but will not pay resell.
agreed. the concept of rich getting richer, what did these youtube guys do to deserve a free pair? I don't get it.. Only shoe I looked forward to coping this summer. Now it's looking bleak that any US store will put pairs online. 

agreed. the concept of rich getting richer, what did these youtube guys do to deserve a free pair? I don't get it.. Only shoe I looked forward to coping this summer. Now it's looking bleak that any US store will put pairs online.
They send them to YouTubers to get the shoe some recognition, hype it up basically. But, this shoe will sell out in a minute regardless of YouTube videos, it's not like it needs more attention. I would understand if they did it for a GR though.  

They send them to YouTubers to get the shoe some recognition, hype it up basically. But, this shoe will sell out in a minute regardless of YouTube videos, it's not like it needs more attention. I would understand if they did it for a GR though.  
I understand that. But this isn't the first time saucony and shops that have produced collabs sent free pairs to YT dudes. It's been going on for a long time now. The hype was already generated when pics surfaced and release date was 4/20. So.. I still don't see the point of sending out free pairs. If their sole purpose was to produce hype. 

I understand that. But this isn't the first time saucony and shops that have produced collabs sent free pairs to YT dudes. It's been going on for a long time now. The hype was already generated when pics surfaced and release date was 4/20. So.. I still don't see the point of sending out free pairs. If their sole purpose was to produce hype. 
Yeah that's what I was getting at haha. There is no need for them to hype up a shoe which is already  gonna make them money and sell out instantly anyway. 

I was wondering this same thing, since their IG acct has been promo'ing the KWs pretty heavily...??

Your joking right? They have thousands of followers that cop whatever shoe they praise and review on Youtube, it only costs them the price of a few pairs of shoes to increase their customer base by hundreds if not thousands of new people who follow those guys on Twitter and IG. Companies want Demand to be higher than supply because that increases hype and future pre-orders and releases skyrocket when many people couldn't get the previous pair. It sucks from a fanbase POV but I don't blame businesses for promoting good business, that'd be like complaining about Steph Curry practicing his jump shop in the off season lol. 

Ughhhhhh just realized all three spots near me with the Kushwackers are also getting the Yeezys and/or SBBs this weekend. All the resellers are gonna eat up the Kushwackers just cuz they're there
mean.gif
You in ATL or FL? Was wondering if you think Wish ATL will get the Kushs, or maybe Epitome(although they may still be locked inside with the shades drawn because of all the angry dudes who couldn't get their collabs lol) Wish is usually hit or miss for phone orders but since im working Saturday which seems like the release day at least from what I've read online so far im trying to explore all my options since I cant go in store.

Just business adjusting with the times...they know this crowd of sneaker buyers are an internet based consumer. Most of this generation's information comes from various internet sources, so why run a commercial or a print ad that the majority of your targeted audience won't see? A whole lot cheaper to send out a few pairs to the "tastemakers" than to spend thousands on advertising via commercials/print. It's actually a pretty good idea if you think about it from a business standpoint.....

Back
Top Bottom