Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

does anyone know some thicker no show socks? I bought some at finishline expect now all my saucony's feel a half size to big and I'm waddling like a fool.. maybe stance socks?
Nike sb ankle socks aren't bad but stance socks are not thick in my experience and are overrated. The no show ones are ok but still thin. With the weather changing keep and eye out for some wool mix ones.

Who said they screwed on West hat?
Don't think anyone was screwed (unless I'm misunderstanding you?).  Just some of thought were were going to get one/figured we ordered early enough. West told me to call back Monday and speak to Mike. If they don't have any left, it is what it is. But it never hurts to ask.

Don't think anyone was screwed (unless I'm misunderstanding you?).  Just some of thought were were going to get one/figured we ordered early enough. West told me to call back Monday and speak to Mike. If they don't have any left, it is what it is. But it never hurts to ask.
You are misunderstanding me. I'm asking who ordered the kicks and didn't get the hat. I have an extra so was gonna give it to whoever posted that the other day

You are misunderstanding me. I'm asking who ordered the kicks and didn't get the hat. I have an extra so was gonna give it to whoever posted that the other day
Ah. That's cool of ya (repped). If I don't get it, not a big deal. Maybe someone in NYC didn't get it either and you can give it to them so no one has to pay for shipping etc. Once again, very nice of you.

Nike sb ankle socks aren't bad but stance socks are not thick in my experience and are overrated. The no show ones are ok but still thin. With the weather changing keep and eye out for some wool mix ones.
Damn alright, most nike "no show" socks still show on all of my sneakers

Damn alright, most nike "no show" socks still show on all of my sneakers

Same. I'm not buying that kind that barely covers your toes and heel like my wife wears with flats. Best white ones I've found are Gold Toe brand sold at Target. They aren't super thick, but definitely more substantial than a lot of the paper thin ones I've tried in the past.

I'll check that out, i actually wear a lot of uniqlo stuff.. great oxford shirts, demin shirts & boxers

The Uniqlo store in Singapore sells these, which are the best no-show socks i've ever worn. Nice and thick with the silicon in the heel so that they don't slip. Not sure if they have them in the US though.

http://www.uniqlo.com/sg/store/men-pile-low-cut-socks-1594030008.html#colorSelect

Ditto that, best I've found. 
I co-sign this also. the best out.
Thanks gents, gonna have to check those out!

The Uniqlo store in Singapore sells these, which are the best no-show socks i've ever worn. Nice and thick with the silicon in the heel so that they don't slip. Not sure if they have them in the US though.

http://www.uniqlo.com/sg/store/men-pile-low-cut-socks-1594030008.html#colorSelect
Ditto that, best I've found.
Sucks. Checked the US site and didn't see what @mykoh  had in his link . I'm probably navigating wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time I was a knucklehead.

Sucks. Checked the US site and didn't see what @mykoh  had in his link . I'm probably navigating wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time I was a knucklehead.
Yeah i did a quick search and didn't find it on the site either. So that makes it 2 knuckleheads.

May wanna pop down to a store and have a look?

Nope, the US site doesn't seem to carry it online anymore. I keep checking the store periodically and they always have random stock of it in different colors. Got lucky last week and picked up a bunch of them in white, charcoal, light grey, and black. 4 for $12.90 on sale right now.

After washing, they shrink down quite a bit, but still stretch. They are also slightly on the thicker side, but work well with runners.

As long as your shoes are properly fitted and you don't have heel slippage, these stay on pretty well.

My order from West has been stuck in shipping label created for about a week lol

Got my sand colored originals from the universal works collab today, Impressions are the shoe feels very solid, heavier than a saucony shadow 5000 which is nice. No issues with glue which is appreciated and I found no lose threads.. time to stop buying GR's... although my saucony GR's have held up amazingly for the prices I've paid ($50-$75) aside from sole paint cracks.

Will post pics tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom