Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

amazing what hype or lack of hype can do for a shoe. Dudes wouldve paid 400 2 years ago for a ds pair but now they wont pay 122.

Finally received my pair of Saucony x Wolverine Shadow Originals today. These have been the best-smelling Horween leather sneakers I've received by far. The leather quality is on point, as expected. The brown leather color is just
smokin.gif
. The craftsmanship? Not so much.
ohwell.gif
The left shoe was manufactured to an acceptable quality (hardly any faults); the right shoe was a disappointment. Came in pretty scuffed up. Had lots of undesireable glue stains -even on the tongue.
mean.gif
sick.gif
Damn shame. Comfort-wise, it's pretty good. The inside of the shoe is mesh, so it provided more breathability and comfort. The metal lace hooks are pretty convenient when you undo your laces to slip your foot in. Not too pleased paying $180 for this. Would've been fine if the right shoe wasn't messed up. Anyway, bringing these on my holiday this month, will see how they hold up.

Thanks for the review. 

How about sizing? TTS?

Wondering if other stores will have the Bodega reissues.

I mean, I know Politics and that other store listed them but - Politics only has max 2 pairs per size.

May have to cop the blue pair from Bodega before they sell out in my size. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
I've bought them all & for some reason they always stay at "only 2 left". Lol!

They are legit though. All 3 pairs I got were good (no glue stains or other messed up junk).

Haha, same here! I bought "the last" 5000 sz 11 in red and they still say 2 left. It works though. Create some urgency and they probably sell twice as much merchandise.

I also picked up the blue, as well as the red 6000's from the same seller. Can't beat $50 shipped! These are my first Saucony's and I'm very very impressed.

Nice.  
Mine haven't even shipped yet.... :stoneface:  

Is the bottom pic the blue pair, or the teal?  iphone playing tricks on me

Nah only grabbed the teal pair, dont know why its coming out as blue lol you should get yours soon tho im in nyc thats why I got em in quick.

Glad the suede perf toebox is more of a creamy color instead of grey on the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Can't wait to see more pictures of the light blue/chocolate pair of the pack.

On feet pictures and more info on the Pumpkin Spice Grid SD here:

http://blog.saucony.com/pumpkin-spice-grid-sd/    

"Our Pumpkin Spice Grid SD features a mix of premium burnt orange leather and suede on the upper with metallic orange accents. The toe box is wrapped in perforated cream Wolverine Silkee Suede. The midsole features an orange rust, smoky brown and transitions into white with brown speckle towards the toe box. A pigskin sock liner ensures increased comfort with every wear, while suede adorns the tongue with cinnamon accent rope laces".

via Saucony Blog

Back
Top Bottom