Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Prob gonna get those cancellation emails

Missed the free-for-all earlier, but I'm prayin' all y'all get the come-up on your orders!

praying-monkey.jpg

Welp here it is the Canon from Sneaker Politics

Is it jus me or is there too many sky blue ish CW's comin from Saucony? I mean the No Chill Pack comes in mind and I have a feeling the Extra Butter collab dropping whenever will be Sky Blue CW from pics I've seen but I could be wrong? Just my thoughts.

Sneaker Politics Courageous is a pass for me. The GRs with the same quality are nice and cheap. These just look like the No Chill pack but on a Courageous. I just can't do it. And I definitely agree whoisthisguy whoisthisguy . Way too much blue coming out.

This colorblocking is bite off the epitome joints with the gold tongue branding. I was expecting better with hits of black on the dots. We dont see too much collabs on the courageous and they dissapointed :smh:

Last edited:
This colorblocking is bite off the epitome joints with the gold tongue branding. I was expecting better with hits of black on the dots. We dont see too much collabs on the courageous and they dissapointed :smh:

I feel your pain man! Hopefully the 2nd one isn't a rip off of the Ronnie Fieg joints.

Yea I'm not sure why there isn't creativity when it comes to collabs. I'll probably pass and cop on disco or cheap on EBay, I don't see these selling out either. solefreedom1013 solefreedom1013

Yea, this one steps all over the Epitomes colorway/design. These collabs of late have been sleepy. They keep working around themes and I think themes have a tendency to restrict the creativity flow. I'm ready for some shoes (GR or collab) that have great uninspired colorways. New Balance tends to do the best at this.

Dont think its fair saying its a bite. A collab takes a lot of time. When SP started work with these I'm sure they had no idea Epitome was doing a similar pair. I'm also sure they didn't know about the 'No chills' aswell. In my opinion its Saucony who dropped the ball on this one. They should have informed SP about the other projects and their similarities. Would have been so easy to perhaps have asked them to incorporate more black to the shoe and changed the look completely while still staying true to its inspiration.

I still think its a nice looking pair though, and if they would have released prior to the other mentioned pairs I think people would have been all over them.

I will def be picking these up when they release!!! Loved the sp x new balance collab that release couple months ago.

Who gives a sh*t about meaning? They're sneakers lol. If they're dope you buy then and if they're whack you don't.

I think that with a theme, you can see where the artistic inspiration behind the colors and materials come from.
Many shops have come out with many themes that have had a lot of potential, it's just that the execution was lack luster.

Who gives a sh*t about meaning? They're sneakers lol. If they're dope you buy then and if they're whack you don't.
Honestly, I tend to agree. A nice theme can be the cherry on top, but it never makes or breaks a shoe in my opinion.

Last edited:

Honestly, I tend to agree. A nice theme can be the cherry on top, but it never makes or breaks a shoe in my opinion.
I mean sometimes themes are ok but today with 3 collabs dropping a week, I feel like most themes are a reach and are pretty dumb

Maybe you didn't read my post correctly...

I.Care. About. The meaning. Behind. Collabs.

If you don't care the meaning (and only care about what's "dope" or "wack"), that's fine by me. But when Extra Butter puts out collabs honoring their favorite movies (like the recent Sperry and Adidas collabs), or their Space Race pack honoring the Mercury and Apollo missions, I like it. Bait's recent GI Joe NB collabs were great, too. Rise's piano-themed 9k looks amazing, as well.

And what SP and Epitome did with theirs have LOCAL meaning, which is great for their in-town clientele and to spread a little recognition of their cities to folks like me who live nowhere near them and have never been to their cities, but can appreciate the local touch they gave their shoes.

Honestly, I think if you say you don't care about the meaning behind the shoes, you're really disrespecting the work that goes into the design of everything from boutique collabs to anything designed by Tinker Hatfield. Shoes don't design themselves, and there's meaning behind just about every aspect of all premium sneakers.

Maybe you didn't read my post correctly...

I.Care. About. The meaning. Behind. Collabs.

If you don't care the meaning (and only care about what's "dope" or "wack"), that's fine by me. But when Extra Butter puts out collabs honoring their favorite movies (like the recent Sperry and Adidas collabs), or their Space Race pack honoring the Mercury and Apollo missions, I like it. Bait's recent GI Joe NB collabs were great, too. Rise's piano-themed 9k looks amazing, as well.

And what SP and Epitome did with theirs have LOCAL meaning, which is great for their in-town clientele and to spread a little recognition of their cities to folks like me who live nowhere near them and have never been to their cities, but can appreciate the local touch they gave their shoes.

Honestly, I think if you say you don't care about the meaning behind the shoes, you're really disrespecting the work that goes into the design of everything from boutique collabs to anything designed by Tinker Hatfield. Shoes don't design themselves, and there's meaning behind just about every aspect of all premium sneakers.

You can have all the "meaning" in the world in a shoe, but if the design is whack then its just whack. I'm not buying them because of sum story behind them (even tho that's cool and all), I'm buying them because I like the way they look.

Last edited:
I think themes are cool and certainly add to a shoe release. But, long story short, if there is a shoe with a dope theme and a terrible look/execution then im not buying...which is what 3Gs is probably getting at. 

Themes are as someone previously stated the "cherry on top". They can make a dope collab even better but they cant save a shiit shoe. 

It is a little exhausting nowadays tho. Every pair tries to have some dope meaning...most dont...and, at the end of the day, I think collaborators should spent more time on the design of the shoe and less time dreaming up some deep meaning. 

Back
Top Bottom