Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Liking quite a few of these, but knowing that A) there's only 100 pairs, and B) I'll be driving to NJ that day for a wedding... I ain't getting any of them
According to Tony they don't all release on the same day. He said the 11th, not 25th, for his pair. Unless he's just mistaken of course.

Yo anty hinted basball, so i'm expecting a redsox cw

2017-07-19.png

look's like we're going to have to wait until 8/1 for him to show pictures of them.

Besides maybe Foamer, I wonder how many of these dudes even wore Saucony before they were approached to do a shoe with them

well i got into saucony because of sneakerheadinthebay, tonyd2wild and bullt1rc. i originally was looking into new balance as i was getting back into sneakers and i saw their reviews on how nice the quality was. saucony's as we know usually go on sale for the pairs that are easier to get so i jumped on it for the price and quality. new balance are more expensive and im able to get 2 pairs of sauconys that are on sale for the price of one new balance. im not saying i wont ever get a more expensive shoe, but for how nice sauconys are to me it was the better choice to hop on the steals and deals lol

so they really have been wearing it. idk about sneakerheadinthebay though. he either sold or gave most of his sauconys to timothydelaghetto at one point lol

Last edited:
They stopped showing new pick ups once the free pairs stopped coming lol

lol i feel that way about sneakerheadinthebay, but i know tony shows them on camera when he goes into different sneaker stores and tells us when he likes them. he obviously doesnt bbuy them as much as he gets them for free, but i know he likes them. regardless though i noticed they hardly wear sauconys lmao

IMG_1213.JPG
Just got my summer nights in the mail today only took a week to get them
And of course I get a defect bottom sole on the right shoe . Don't know if I should keep them or return them

IMG_1213.JPG
Just got my summer nights in the mail today only took a week to get them
And of course I get a defect bottom sole on the right shoe . Don't know if I should keep them or return them

I would return, or exchange it for another pair.

Some of the other pairs are starting to grow on me, hopefully they all do release the same day b/c then there might be a realistic chance at getting one pair in my size

How do the Courageous fit compared to the 9000? Pair on eBay half up at a decent price that I'm tempted to get but wanted to know if it'd be a bad move or not.

Thank you for your time.

so far for me its 1. foamer 2. sneakershouts 3. heskicks (concept is real dope on those) ....if I can get one I'll be happy.

Judging by all the videos, I think every collaborator killed it material-wise.

How do the Courageous fit compared to the 9000? Pair on eBay half up at a decent price that I'm tempted to get but wanted to know if it'd be a bad move or not.

Thank you for your time.

Courageous have a wider toe box and are generally roomier. Honestly I wear size 11 in a 9000 and I probably could get away with wearing a 10.5 in Courageous.

so yeah two release dates going to make things tough...

8/11 - sneaker shouts, tonyd2wild, sneakerheadinthebay, tblake

8/25 - hes kicks, foamer, dj delz, bull1trc

Last edited:
Blake's is probably my least favorite as well lol and there's not even necessarily anything wrong with it. I just feel like, with the chance to make your own Saucony, he could have done a lot more like some of the others did. That camo lining is nice though.

IMG_0900.PNG
Blake's is probably my least favorite as well lol and there's not even necessarily anything wrong with it. I just feel like, with the chance to make your own Saucony, he could have done a lot more like some of the others did. That camo lining is nice though.

Exactly, although I think the sharpies are a nice bonus to be able to customize your shoe.

From my experience, most of these types of shoes end up short of expectations because the leather isn't quite good enough to let it be the defining feature.

Recently picked up 2 Sauconys that I've been waiting for a while to find at the right prices, olive public gardens and the pink pair from the scoop pack.
IMG_1431 - Copy.JPG
IMG_1433 - Copy.JPG

Now I just need to figure out which set of laces I want in the scoop pair. I was thinking on the yellow ones.
IMG_1386.JPG

wawizard97 wawizard97 Agreed, the sharpies help to make the shoes more unique, since everyone's obviously going to come up with something different. Still not my cup of tea though.

Tblake collab is def a clean shoe, but given the choices its a pass.

The leather looks great and the perforation is a plus so it might end up being a consolation prize.

IMG_0900.PNG

Exactly, although I think the sharpies are a nice bonus to be able to customize your shoe.

Gonzales did it before TB... Dude has the opportunity to do his own collab with a brand and he did.... nothing..... FOH...
Bull's design is fugly but at least he tried....

Back
Top Bottom