Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

I like white leather shoes a lot, but needless to say he was lazy as hell on this.

Reminds me of the atmos x gl3 25th anniversary collab. Still might cop tho lol.

IMG_1224.JPG
Tblake shoe reminds me of these
The Reebok Instapump fury
Tblake shoe is a pass for me , to plain for my liking

The shoe itself is dope...U can't go wrong with an all white sneaker but not for a collab.
Especially when it's your first collab, it was a great opportunity and you **** it up. I mean those dudes are nobodies.

agree with everything except the nobody part, they've definitely carved a lane

famous from youtube and tv are no different

Available in two colorways, this Grid SD highlights debossed leather that mimics a wood pattern and features Wolverine Silkee suede on the quarter panels and heel counter. __________ Available at Saucony.com right now priced at $120.

20226106_121005185210743_1741336929011499008_n.jpg

No doubt, especially when you consider that Saucony is not just marketing to one of their subscriber bases, but ALL of them combined (yes, I realize there is plenty of overlap). It also puts Saucony in the position of appearing to cater to the average sneaker enthusiast, which really seems to appeal to the mindset of millennials. I'm a sucker for all white leather kicks and actually wish T Blake's release was a GR so I could have them at a much better price point when they inevitably hit deep discounts. With only 100 being made, that isn't likely.

The shoe itself is dope...U can't go wrong with an all white sneaker but not for a collab.
Especially when it's your first collab, it was a great opportunity and you **** it up. I mean those dudes are nobodies.

I took it as "nobodies" as in they are not athletes, major recording artists, etc..., the usual collaborators.
People outside of the sneaker culture (and a lot of people in it) have never heard of them. DJ Hes isn't exactly DJ Khaled.

A bit off topic but did anyone else see that Qias dude proposed to his girl at center court at halftime of the Sneakercon basketball game? :emoji_dizzy_face:
I don't even know where to begin on how ridiculous I find that. I mean, I wish them the best but I have to question her self respect if at some point she doesn't express to him how bad of idea that was. That can't be the story she wants to tell. Lol

They're consumers doing videos on Youtube.
They buy stuff, like everybody here, do some reviews in their bedroom and get some followers but they don't create anything, they have no talent... not even a sex tape... They are not famous, they're regular cats a bit known by a particular community.

A bit off topic but did anyone else see that Qias dude proposed to his girl at center court at halftime of the Sneakercon basketball game? :emoji_dizzy_face:
I don't even know where to begin on how ridiculous I find that. I mean, I wish them the best but I have to question her self respect if at some point she doesn't express to him how bad of idea that was. That can't be the story she wants to tell. Lol

How is it any different than someone proposing in a restaurant full of strangers? The fact that you care enough to post about it completely off topic is even more scary...

They buy stuff, like everybody here, do some reviews in their bedroom and get some followers but they don't create anything, they have no talent... not even a sex tape... They are not famous, they're regular cats a bit known by a particular community.

I honestly feel like that's kinda the whole point. Saucony is trying to portray itself as a brand "for the people" and therefore would rather partner with people who are seen as more relatable than a celebrity.

How is it any different than someone proposing in a restaurant full of strangers? The fact that you care enough to post about it completely off topic is even more scary...
My bad, I didn't mean to frighten you with my "scary" post. Lol
I normally wouldn't even respond but a) How do you know I don't think proposing at a crowded restaurant is a terrible idea too? b) If you think that a woman wants her proposal, a once in a lifetime thing (ideally), to be in that setting with a bunch of screaming teenagers you are probably pretty young and/or have a lot to learn about women. He made it all about him, the total opposite of what women want/dream that moment will be. If you don't understand that then I don't know what to tell you.

Sorry everyone, I'm out of character right now. I'm done.

I honestly feel like that's kinda the whole point. Saucony is trying to portray itself as a brand "for the people" and therefore would rather partner with people who are seen as more relatable than a celebrity.
Most of the YouTubers are hypebeast .. saucony needs to make money some how .. that's how I see it . What saucony needs to do is to make a contest we're anyone can create a sneaker design and make the people vote for there favorite sneaker design

Pretty much agree with everyone else. There's nothing inherently wrong with an all white sneaker. Hell, i'd be surprised if most people don't have at least one pair of crispy white kicks sitting somewhere in their home right now, but for a collab? One in which you can personally, from what I can tell, add any kind of materials, prints, and colors to a shoe of which only 101 pairs will ever be made? Come on now. :smh: You ****ed up if that's what you go with at the end of the day. I could go to Foot Locker for the shoes and Walmart for some highlighters and come out with almost the exact same thing.

Like I said before though, that camo sockliner is nice if nothing else.

I agree the "design it yourself" concept is mad corny for a collab, he dropped the ball big time especially considering its his first. The quality leather has me intrigued, but he gets a big F as far as creativity goes.

I remember TBlake saying he was inspired by the Ball&Buck x New Balance 585 collab and was thinking to do something like that. Wonder what happen to that idea.

I remember TBlake saying he was inspired by the Ball&Buck x New Balance 585 collab and was thinking to do something like that. Wonder what happen to that idea.

It seems like he was more inspired by the Mark Gonzales x Superstar Pioneers than the B&B....

Anyway, I wish Aeropooch did one...

Must be rough being an Internet personality and having such thin skin to the point you spend time on forums arguing with people that disagree/dislike your taste.

disagree even more

they're manning the camera, editing videos, curating clothes and shoes and creating content

people recognize them in a lot of places they go

that's old thinking

youtube is the new tv

Back
Top Bottom