Official Schoolboy Q Oxymoron Thread, Releasing February 25th 2014

I don't know why the irony of the new single being "Man Of The Year" after Kendrick being GQ Man Of The Year and TDE taking issue with the write up just dawned on me.....
Never crossed my mind either. Definitely could be something to it.

So all the way back in August Flying Lotus released three vine snippets of unreleased songs he made with Q that apparently haven't made it on to Oxymoron

:x How the hell am I just now finding this?!

:wow: The first and third snippet tho, damn near made me cry, Q can't be making songs this hard. :smh:

This is it, from now on I have to restrain myself from listening to anything Q until Feb. 25th. Spoiling myself. :smh:

Last edited:
Dope interview.

I have a feeling TDE is gonna crush the game this year like how the Wu did in 1995.

ODB in the winter, Raekwon in the summer, and Gza in the fall.

I only saw Kendrick & Q succeeding on a mainstream level from jump and still feel that way. I like Soul and Jay Rock a lot but I don't see them having the same type of appeal regardless of how good their music is. Not really feeling Isaiah Rashad and SZA is hit or miss to me. TDE doesn't have the star power/movement Wu had, it was just a different era.

Soul will blow when it's time. Illuminate was too early though, that song on it's own could have pushed him to the top with Kendrick's current popularity.

I don't think Soul and Jay Rock need to blow like that. Just keep doing what they been doing and putting out dope music. Soul is on some black power, against the system **** and Jay Rock is a in your face gangsta _. They're not gonna appeal to a certain audience and that's ok, everybody doesn't have to be as big as Kendrick.

Soul will blow when it's time. Illuminate was too early though, that song on it's own could have pushed him to the top with Kendrick's current popularity.

I like the song but nah bruh.

I agree Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius I was just referring to homie who said they could be the Wu in terms of mainstream success. I'd rather Soul and Jay Rock to continue to make music that is true to their vision instead of sacrificing for that "big time" look

tired.gif
tired.gif
 I seen that too, I hope they both lying and trying to suprise us. Did you hear them snippets up there bruh? Cot damn

Flylo laced Q with some serious heat, feels almost disrespectful for Q not to use those bangers on Oxymoron, those the type of songs that turns an album into a classic. 
mean.gif

I don't drink his kool-aid either; but he ain't WACK
laugh.gif
wouldn't go that far.

damn man posting vines sucks---soon as you come to the page they all start AT ONCE. Take those down fam...
For real? What search engine are you using? I'm on safari and it doesn't do that.

Last edited:
|I  I seen that too, I hope they both lying and trying to suprise us. Did you hear them snippets up there bruh? Cot damn

Flylo laced Q with some serious heat, feels almost disrespectful for Q not to use those bangers on Oxymoron, those the type of songs that turns an album into a classic. :smh:

For real? What search engine are you using? I'm on safari and it doesn't do that.

I'm on chrome. soon as I come to this NT page they all start at once

Just now realizing Man of The year was previewed at the end of the Don't Kill my vibe video. And I don't like Tyler either, but when he tries (ie: Garbage, Trouble On my mind) then I **** s with the young bul. Man Of The Year is my **** right now. Just now realized the song title x the GQ timing myself :nerd:

that second snippet sounds like it would be PT 2 to "Sexting" 

Damn shame none of those are album cuts. He should just liberate those tho, that sounds like some heat 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom