Official Seahawks @ Falcons : 1.13.2013 : Georgia Dome 1PM ET

Seahawks or Falcons?

• Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Falcons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The more I think about this game the more I feel like Sea has no chance.
The only shot they have is if Matty Ice has one of his 5 TO games. But hey, we win those games too.

Only way we win is if Matt Ryan has 5 TOs good ******g lord :lol: :smh:

Do some of you guys watch football or do you just skim through it?

Only way we win is if Matt Ryan has 5 TOs good ******g lord
laugh.gif
mean.gif

THIS.

Some of the posts in here are straight comedy

Only way we win is if Matt Ryan has 5 TOs good ******g lord :lol: :smh:

THIS.

Some of the posts in here are straight comedy

Ahhhhhhh, the trusty "You dont agree with me, so you must not watch football" arguement. Always a good one in the clutch.

I guess we'll see on Sunday.

Just curious John Madden and Al Michaels, what do both of you have for the final score?

Last edited:
So, Seattle fans would have you believe our secondary isn't going to cause Wilson any problems. Even though we picked off Peyton Manning, who might be one of the most cerebral players I've ever seen, 3 times, ended Drew Brees touchdown streak (that one was especially satisfying), have a top 5 scoring defense last time I checked, and beat the Giants 34-0 and picked Eli off the first time he tried throwing against us. And that last one was without another guy who came on strong this year, William Moore. Had those 4 INT before he had to sit out the last 4 games of the season. I guess RW is a better decision maker than those guys.

So, Seattle fans would have you believe our secondary isn't going to cause Wilson any problems. Even though we picked off Peyton Manning, who might be one of the most cerebral players I've ever seen, 3 times, ended Drew Brees touchdown streak (that one was especially satisfying), have a top 5 scoring defense last time I checked, and beat the Giants 34-0 and picked Eli off the first time he tried throwing against us. And that last one was without another guy who came on strong this year, William Moore. Had those 4 INT before he had to sit out the last 4 games of the season. I guess RW is a better decision maker than those guys.
I'm sure they have the capabalities to do it. I dont see anyone in here saying Russell's going to drop back and put up 400 on them either...

So I dont get the point of you saying this
I guess RW is a better decision maker than those guys.
It's apples and oranges. Russell Wilson and Lynch running the read option is a very different style to the QB's you named play. The Hawks offense will be predicated on the run game it which ATL has shown you can do against them. I would think that will be their focus

So I guess since Russell isnt better than the elites who you guys beat...he cant be successful in running his own offense against yall? Makes sense to me.

and it's not to knock Asante and co. but the front line stopping the rush and putting pressure on Russell is a bigger priority then your secondary. It is what it is

Ahhhhhhh, the trusty "You dont agree with me, so you must not watch football" arguement. Always a good one in the clutch.
I guess we'll see on Sunday.
Just curious John Madden and Al Michaels, what do both of you have for the final score?

Yeah I'm questioning how much you watch football when you say the only chance the Seahawks have is if Ryan has 5 TOs. Might be one of the most ludicrous things I've ever read on here :lol: You think you're playing the Cardinals b?

That was a Jets fan who quoted me btw.

falcons either winning a close one or getting washed.

but im leaning toward Seattle either way :pimp: :pimp:

^

Agree. I can definitely see the Falcons winning by field goal just as easily as I can see Seattle winning by 10. The big thing is stopping Michael Turner and the run game. Making the Falcons one dimensional will loom large as Kam and Earl can just drop back and help in coverage. I already know Julio is going to be a problem (assuming Sherman covers Roddy) Browner was looking horribly rusty last week. Harry Douglas also might be a factor as Trufant can cover just about no one right now.

If Russell doesn't have any turnovers though (got very lucky last week) the Hawks will be just fine.

Last edited:
:lol: the "we win those too" jab was just a little trash talk. I think the Falcons take this one for the reasons I've posted. And I stand by my score prediction of 27-13. But Seattle is still no pushover. They have a good defense but im not too worried about it on the road with their leading pass rusher out. But obviously if Matt has 5 turnovers we prolly lose in the playoffs.

Apparently people arent allowed to trash talk anymore. Everything has to be ESPN level analysis (actually that may have been right on par with ESPNs garbage analysis of games) and completely unbiased. This is the thread about the game. Trash talk is gonna happen so miss me with the "You must not watch football" comebacks from either side. And its not a shot at you one bit SW. Just more about this forum in general. Which is why I tend to stick to my teams season thread when I can. Talking sports in this forum is almost unbearable :lol:

Im gonna talk a little trash, watch the game, and if we win ill be in here to talk a little more trash to the haters who have doubted the Falcons all season. If we lose ill be in here to say congrats and that we gotta figure something out about our playoff play. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT I got a feeling once the clock hits zeros we'll all be seeing the Falcons moving on and Matty Ice telling the Seahawks to.........................

Last edited:
Sunday can't get here soon enough..if the falcons play anything like we played against the Giants, this game is over that simple...l

A couple things...

Just from listening to local radio here it seems like folks here, as well as Brian Billick, believe if both played their best games, then Seattle's style should prevail and they should win the game. A few things that I haven't heard mentioned though...

1) I haven't heard much about Seattle's pass rush. I believe that if Seattle does not put pressure on Matt Ryan, then it doesn't matter how good their secondary is. Atlanta will find ways to move the ball down the field. The loss of Clemons obviously hurts in this area.

2) On the same page as these WR's vs. Seattles DB's is that fact that a lot of times when you have explosive receivers vs. physical corners, you see alot of PI calls that completely change the outlook of the game. Given today's NFL, the offense is clearly at an advantage with how the rules work, so it's something to look for.

3) Even if Seattle were to lock down Roddy and Julio, I worry not only about their ability to cover Tony G., but even more, how they will try and matchup with Harry Douglas. I see him as a matchup nightmare for Seattle and should have a solid, if not big game.

It sounds like I'm on Atlanta, but I definitely am pulling for Seattle. I just don't think most, not all, see this game the way they should be. People quickly defaulting on Atlanta being frauds, or Seattle homers being homers (not really this board). High scoring battle ahead.

Last edited:
35-14 Falcons, I hope your boy wilson ready to throw, Field goals ain't beating us in the dome

I feel like this game is just uncharted territory. We don't know how good the Falcons really are because they've dominated against an easy schedule. They could come out flat or look like a truly elite squad.. It's hard to know.

Secondly, it's very hard to predict how these teams will match up with each other. WR/CB battle being a good example... Will those WRs neutralize our defensive advantage? Or are we going to dominate on the ground b/c Atlanta's so weak vs the run?

Basically a wild card. Could be close, could on paper break into a blowout either way. But we haven't lost by more than 6 all season and we're better than we've ever been right now.

Back
Top Bottom