Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

I think we will be a better team than most people think. Not great but maybe a .500 ball club. I like our starting 5 besides Silva, should have morrow their. Ican see our bats going cold from time to time. Our biggest problem being our bullpen.

That being said, I really enjoy watching this team play. Obviously because of Griffey but also because everybody plays hard and mainly because we are finallyrebuilding the right way. No more over-paid free agent patch ups.

Go Mariners!

First game I will be attending is next Friday vs the Tigers, first of many.

^ I agree and said it before and got roasted, but people just don't know. I like this team and especially like their potential dominance at the SPposition. I think they will be better than .500 and for awhile will compete for the division. Angels will probably take it once Santana and Lackey are fullyhealthy and what not, but I like the chance the Mariners have at competing.

EDIT: Yes, I'm a Mariners fan. However, I'm a Minnesota die-hard. For any of those confused.

wow, Rowland-Smith done already. Not even 4 innings pitched, we cannot afford this with our bullpen.
smh.gif

hitting into way too many double plays so far this season. #%^@$ pathetic! wak needs to put men in motion or something, this is killing us.

I made a season thread yesterday in the Pac NW forum because I didn't want random people coming in and bashing the team or whatever. It's cool and abetter idea to have one here too...but I think I'll leave the other thread open for the locals; unless NT superiors feel that it's unnecessary to havetwo.

Anyways it's awesome to get this win against the A's at Oakland. I don't care if it's just the beginning of the season or not, but gamesagainst division rivals always matter; at least to me. Hopefully the M's can continue to close out games like this; I'm really loving what I see on thedefensive end.

Also, I don't know who mentioned it before, but yes; Endy Chavez is a stud.

A few things I've noticed so far....Griffey's veteran savvy definitely shows. Old Griff was a much more loose and free swinger. These days he works thecount and waits for his pitch. As evidenced by 3 BB tonight.

Aardsma is very erratic and as a relief pitcher he needs to come in and throw strikes and not worry about being too fancy. If anything, focus on first pitchstrikes (I guess that's a point of emphasis for him). He worries me a bit.

good observations fellas. i wouldn't single out aardsma for not throwing strikes, what happened with morrow in game 2 against the twins was inexcusable.

so far, my thoughts:
-endy is a gamer. ichiro who?
laugh.gif

-even though sweeney hit a double today, i'm not liking him in the 3 hole. bat speed has slowed down, too slow.
-the GIDP is an issue. we've hit into at least one in every game. wak needs to send runners more.
-same old lopez/betancourt, except now they're working the count a little to swing at bad pitches.
-ichiro is one of my favorite players (junior being the other), but i like how the team plays without him. they seem to be having fun, feeding off one another.we all know there have been lockerroom problems with #51
-not a fan of batista, dude needs to be cut asap.

disappointed in that national blackout thing for weekend games, can't even watch on mlb.tv...
smh.gif

^Yeah, damn. Should've just went, it's a nice day. But I see the Mariners winning

Originally Posted by finnns2003

disappointed in that national blackout thing for weekend games, can't even watch on mlb.tv...
smh.gif
damm i didnt even know that. i turned on the tv expecting to see the game and see the sox and angels playing
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 49ers650

What was that? 3 Runs
pimp.gif

Felix gettin roughed up early!? What happened?

Lets see how our teams does tho being down early. I think in most games we have scored first, correct?

Wish I could've seen this. 2 Outs, Giambi on first and the first homer of the season
pimp.gif
Cust

batista in now. disappointed in felix. that was a subpar performance for a top 10 pitcher. BUT... even lincecum and sabathia struggled in games this season.

i wonder if we'll ever see felix buckle down and get his mind right. dude is a baby when something bad goes wrong.

Back
Top Bottom