Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

the mariners organization is down the tubes. no farm system, lousy ownership, no interest by high profile players.

So...um... is there ANY chance we can make the playoffs?
nerd.gif

Actually, it's not mathematically over but it's going to have to take some Angels In the Outfield type of miracle for us to get it the playoffs.

This season, so far, has been an overall success to me. I mean we're 10 games over .500, in September. A year ago, who would've thought we'd be inthis position, in just one season?

Keep your heads up y'all, and continue going to games up there.

Lol... I didn't expect to see this thread resurrected... which isn't a bad thing.
DsLee559 wrote:
This season, so far, has been an overall success to me. I mean we're 10 games over .500, in September. A year ago, who would've thought we'd be in this position, in just one season?

Keep your heads up y'all, and continue going to games up there.

I agree... considering how bad the past few seasons have been, this season has been a pleasent surprise. Plus its good to see some actual camaraderie withinthe team... yeah, its likely they won't make the playoffs, and for some, thats considered to be a 'failed' season, but all things considered, ifthey keep up their current form and finish a healthy number of games above .500, I'll be satisfied.

What are the chances the Mariners pick up some free agents this off-season so they can be contenders next year? What do they need, just a couple big-time bats?

All-things-considered... it was a great season...
2010000774.jpg

Silva single-handily carries Ichiro, while they needed 5+ guys to hoist Jr.
laugh.gif

Hey not to be a gravedigger but just wanted to bring this back. Couple months away from spring training but I certainly am excited for this season! I reallythink the M's need one more power bat but I trust Z will do the right thing whether its waiting for the trade deadline or just being patient until a betterdeal comes up. Hopefully this team can send Griffey off with a ring!

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

What are the chances the Mariners pick up some free agents this off-season so they can be contenders next year? What do they need, just a couple big-time bats?

I'll say pretty good.
smile.gif

Before I can say AL West on lock I'm still concerned about the lack of power in the lineup. Wonder if there's still something up Z's sleeve?

Originally Posted by daglove20

Before I can say AL West on lock I'm still concerned about the lack of power in the lineup. Wonder if there's still something up Z's sleeve?

Could be, but if they ended their offseason moves today Mariners should be pretty happy. Pitching aside, which is amazing, their lineup is tailored almostperfectly for small ball success. One big bat would help a lot, but they might be able to out hustle and out smart most other teams at this point.

Back
Top Bottom